FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SteveO View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber suggestions
    Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:06am
Since this season i'm playing with the Timo Boll ALC, accompanied with Tenzone Ultra SF on my FH and Omega IV Elite on my BH, both 2.0. I'm quite satisfied with the TUSF, although it has noticeable lower throw than my previous FH which was was T05FX. But my backhand gives my a lot of trouble. I get a lot of control in blocking and short pushes, and it's not too difficult to flick with. But opening loops as well as driving is quite hard. So now i'm wondering if a (medium/ hard) rubber wouldn't suit me better on my BH, since the IV Elite is really soft and quite mushy feeling. Regarding my FH i would consider to go for the M3 or Rasant Grip instead of the TU SF. Any comments/suggestions?
Sponsored Links

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:16am
Tenergy 05 FX / 80 are generally popular for looping backhand compared to T64 which IMO is too fast. I don't like Rakza 9 for a BH rubber, it's hard and heavy. 

What about something like TinArc 3?
SteveO View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:35am
I've had T05FX previously on my FH, it didn't suit my backhand at all. I was thinking about the P7, Rasant Powersponge or Rakza 7 Soft. My FH is mostly well-placed spinny loops with quite long stroke, while my BH is more of a direct and shorter stroke. I prefer flips/opening loops on my BH with a short stroke as well as driving, and controlled blocking instead of counter-looping. So I guess it favours a more medium/hard rubber, or am i wrong?
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:43pm
Considering the style you described IMHO a hard rubber of course as hard as you can handle would be better than a soft one. But m3 has hard topsheet only sponge is soft.

Edited by adishorul - 11/24/2015 at 12:47pm
SteveO View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Considering the style you described IMHO a hard rubber of course as hard as you can handle would be better than a soft one. But m3 has hard topsheet only sponge is soft.

So preferably P7 on the BH, and M3 on FH?
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:56pm
Rhyzm. Reg. Max.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 1:15pm
Find a player whose descriptions of rubbers you can compare to yours or test rubbers at your club.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic