Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Juic Stellan Bengsston Alpha now Iseki Carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juic Stellan Bengsston Alpha now Iseki Carbon?
    Posted: 11/24/2015 at 4:13pm
I've taken quite a liking to my Juic Stellan Bengsston Alpha blade, which is 5wood/2carbon layer and has a ALL+ rating (but really feels faster like OFF- or OFF).

I don't see it sold anymore though.  Is the Juic Iseki Carbon blade essentially the same thing (i.e. they just no longer want to have Stellan's name sponsoring it)?
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 4:49pm
The Iseki Carbon is a harder and faster blade. AFAIK the Stellan Bengsston Alpha is still made.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The Iseki Carbon is a harder and faster blade. AFAIK the Stellan Bengsston Alpha is still made.

Hmmm...  Stellan Bengsston Alpha no longer at PaddlePalace.com, and other places that do list it do not have any in stock.

Also, the Iseki Carbon does have some different specs from the Stellan Bengsston Alpha, i.e. it is actually rated as being slightly slower and a little bit thicker.  Perhaps the Iseki Carbon has a slightly thicker outer ply of wood (looks that way from some pictures I've seen)?

I've also used a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon V1 and a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood in the past, and both were slower and less stiff than my Stellan Bengsston Alpha.

Edited by geardaddy - 11/24/2015 at 6:34pm
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 6:57pm
I still have two of those, both FL: an 84.5 g (less stiff), and one ca 95 g, stiffer, powerhouse, very little used. The latter is ready to go to a good home.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 8:40pm
These weren't very expensive blades as I remember.

Seems like 80.00 new.

Whats your price sir?

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:06pm
One of the issues with that blade is that no two are alike.  This is true with all blades to some extent, but with these the variation is remarkable. 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

These weren't very expensive blades as I remember.

Seems like 80.00 new.

Whats your price sir?

I will PM you.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:55pm
Well, is the Iseki Carbon very similar, but the quality is better and more consistent?  I know somebody said it was faster than the SB Alpha, but that is contrary to how Juic has actually rated the paddles.  Anybody have a firsthand comparison?
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 12:04am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

One of the issues with that blade is that no two are alike.  This is true with all blades to some extent, but with these the variation is remarkable. 
that's what made me never try them (based on the reviews here). pretty sloppy from Juic. I wonder if they outsourced the production to USA or maybe France instead of having them made in Japan.

Juic SBA was/is made in China.

Edited by the_theologian - 11/25/2015 at 12:06am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic