FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

729 Highpoint v Toppoint v Aurora v Outlaw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 729 Highpoint v Toppoint v Aurora v Outlaw
    Posted: 11/25/2015 at 10:46am
There are several 729 rubbers that I have not tried-highpoint vs toppoint vs aurora that all sound the same to me. Any one tried any of these? How do they compare to outlaw?

I am trying to settle on a BH rubber to "all around". Currently using AssasinS in max or 1.9 sponge but Cole is out of stock-plus I always worry about the next batch being different with chinese rubber. 

tia
Sponsored Links

mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 9:26pm
High point is like donic f1.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 10:31pm
It started out to be anyway.

Top point has a grey sponge that reminds me of bomb. The sponge was great but topsheet marked up. Played well.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 10:34pm
Should have more assassins in a week. I don't expect a departure from the last batch.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
avi3230 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avi3230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 11:42pm
Hello,
I tried 729 aurora on both forehand and backhand.

My personal opinion as per my playing style (both wing looper, more consistency on FH and weaker backhand).

Aurora is defiantly very good rubber- (2 mm thick sponge, 40 and 42 degree hardness)
excellent control (now my shots stay on the table)
blocking, pushing, flat hits, spin - very good
lifting heavy backspin - good
drawback - low arc

It suits fast blade more on backhand.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 6:04am
Top point is good, but slow (when unboosted).  Aurora is great - lots of catapult, modern sponge, spin is good (I'd rate Battle as slightly spinnier and higher arc though).

If you're concerned about QC then you'll always have a doubt in the back of your mind about Chinese rubbers.  The quality has improved a lot in recent years, but you can always get a total lemon if you're unlucky.  I had an awful sheet of Aurora a few months ago where the topsheet was almost completely separated from the sponge inside the packet.  A shame because the previous 3 sheets were excellent.

Cole puts a lot of effort into trying to keep the consistency of his batches high.  He's a far better bet than ordering blind from ttnpp or eaching IMO.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:23am
Thanx to all. I certainly appreciate Cole and all he has done. If I order 729 or gambler I have had great success from zeropong-indeed that was part of the reason I asked as Tom has top point but not aurora or highpoint listed on his site.
I do like assasinS on my bh. It is not too heavy vs some other chinese choices and I get decent spin in 2.1 sponge. It chops also in 1.9 so there is a tradeoff.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 11:02am
I was messaged and asked to describe assasinS.

This is an all around rubber with a nontacky topsheet that is harder than illumina, but not as hard as most chinese offerings. The sponge is listed as 37 degree, but seems significantly softer than yinhe 38 degree sponges. It has low catapult. I am using it on either a double fish chen qi carbon blade (soft feel) or a sword yokohama yue whis is a 5 ply flexy blade. It does not see fast, but if I hit the ball well with my BH to players in my club I often hit a winner (1100-1400 USATT). It pushes good (not as good as tacky chinese) and when I used 1.9 sponge it chops pretty well except for high spin loops. It is a 16 dollar rubber-not a 40+ tensor. I am not as able to counter loop off the table as well as my ESN forehand rubbers. 
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 4:45pm
thank you again, vanjr.
is this Assassins on red sponge ?
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:08pm
yes, sponge is red
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:39pm
High point old technology breaks around the edge
top point is a strange one as in not that grippy but will suit some backhand blockers
Aurora seems too perfect , good spin and noise, just wonder how do they finds names for rubbers
Outlaw just scares me to death, I just could never use anything with the history that this rubber had/has
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 6:13am
aurora is loud. like imo speedglue loud. I posted a mini review in one of the aurora threads (theres like 2 previously, maybe?). My friend put down his rosewood with tenergy to use my aurora on my zxi.
It's truly a great rubber for hitters. 40 deg was way too soft for me. I couldn't spin with it, perhaps me using hard bh rubbers does have an effect on my technique. 
but it's ability to drive everything above net is better than most rubbers I have used. s2p gives me that ability as well as every other good quality a bh rubber should have. Easy blocks. loop. Flicks and so on.  Sometimes I chop with it. But new ball is a little difficult to chop, for now at least. I recent came back to it.

It's currently on my dad's cpen blade 729 v6. he likes it a lot tbh. Traditional cpen player. Coached by a cpen player. Played nationally back in Bangladesh, was ranking 3rd in his prime. 
But I think once he starts playing regularly, He will most likely move to something more traditional.  

haven't used the others. Sorry.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic