Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table tennis and your brain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Brett Clarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2016 at 9:21am
You'll be a master at it in about a week. It will be very interesting to keep track of your progress actually. It's nowhere near as easy as the forehand and you can see why he was so hard to play.
Table Tennis Videos by Brett Clarke
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 7:55pm
The backhand update is now available for IOS users.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2016 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Brett Clarke Brett Clarke wrote:

The backhand update is now available for IOS users.
Woohoo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 8:16pm
For Android Table Tennis Edge App users, there are now 5 service return modules available in the latest update. IOS users will need to wait a week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

With my windows phone I am out of luck again?

I'm really sorry, but it's not available on Windows yet. We've actually paid for technology to have it on Windows mobile however you are perhaps the first person to mention Windows. The focus at the moment is to produce more content on android and IOS to be honest. Look, leave it with me and I'll see what we can do, though it might take a while.

BTW, to everyone who complained about the Phase 1, all problems are resolved. The multiball component is totally responsive on all devices now and you have enough time to make a decision about direction. 

There are many more serve return modules coming and multiball as well. Different players and shots will slowly start to appear.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 9:45pm
What kind of moron would buy a Windows phone?  You were scammed.  Ask for a refund.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:00pm
OMG, I would've thrown it out the moment I was bestowed a free Windows phone.  Well, I wouldn't even want to take that garbage.  You're telling me other smartphones don't interface with my tablet, laptop, desktop?

Fortunately enough, I was never a fan of the overpriced Apple crap, who forces you to use iTunes for every single action.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:43pm
Zeio, what's up with you these days? Seems to be a bit of a harder edge to your posts got the last month or so. I hope all is well with you. (Although I have to say I was happy to ditch my Iphone)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:14pm
Windows phones are great. Unbelievable price (Lumia 640 costs $30 unlocked here). I bought one for my daughter & her cousin & was very impressed. I was a moron to buy a IPhone 6 & then a Galaxy Note 5, both for > $600.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:16pm
Don't play COC.  That thing is now so toxic and highly contagious ever since the December update.  I guess I'm not the only one affected.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:51pm
Brett: the serve modules are amazing! You should charge for that update - it is worth at least a couple of coaching lessons.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:53pm
Zeio: wrong forum, wrong iOS/ Android app / game. Is this the right Zeio? :)
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2016 at 12:20am
I was about to lose myself until the WTTC came and rescued me from the depths, but old habits die hard.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2016 at 1:07am
Brett:
While the current serve modules do we orders to train on serve type identification, there is less pressure on reaction time implications.

Suggestion: eventually, could you also add a 'pass-fail' mode in which to pass, one has to not only guess the right serve type, but also do it in a time appropriate for real-life situations. Because, currently, the game does not penalize me enough if I guess right but am very late in doing so.

To all: this update is worth 100-500 USATT rating points depending on current level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2016 at 9:41am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Brett: the serve modules are amazing! You should charge for that update - it is worth at least a couple of coaching lessons.

slevin, at your request, I can send you our bank account details and you can pay those coaching fees!

People who paid for phase 1 will continue to get free updates. The price has actually increased for people who haven't yet paid and the price will continue to go up slightly after each update. It will eventually be a very expensive app for new customers, although you and other early adopters will always benefit from your support.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2016 at 6:54pm

Brett:
While the current serve modules do we orders to train on serve type identification, there is less pressure on reaction time implications.

Suggestion: eventually, could you also add a 'pass-fail' mode in which to pass, one has to not only guess the right serve type, but also do it in a time appropriate for real-life situations. Because, currently, the game does not penalize me enough if I guess right but am very late in doing so.

To all: this update is worth 100-500 USATT rating points depending on current level

slevin, this is all coming in future updates. The app will be become more like a game over time. 
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 3:06am
Poor William Henzell. Now every Tom, Dick and Harry can read his shots. :>
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 9:08am
Originally posted by WingTT WingTT wrote:

Poor William Henzell. Now every Tom, Dick and Harry can read his shots. :>
Good thing he's retired...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2016 at 7:37pm
For Table Tennis Edge app users, there is an update available on both IOS and Android. We've add a Reverse Pendulum serve module and some other improvements. If you've had problems with the app crashing on IOS, that issue is resolved.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 10:02am
Guys, here's how the latest version of the app looks. For existing users, it's important to keep looking out for updates.

Edited by Brett Clarke - 04/08/2016 at 10:08am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 10:54am
Brett: I shall show this app to people in my club from Monday onwards.

You have a few days left to raise the app prices! :)

BTW: did not realize that my TTedge membership expired a month ago. I shall update again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 11:09am

Brett: I shall show this app to people in my club from Monday onwards.

You have a few days left to raise the app prices! :)

BTW: did not realize that my TTedge membership expired a month ago. I shall update again.

slevin, please lock the front door and make it quite clear that no one leaves the club before making a purchase.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 11:12am
A few things:

I wonder if there might be value in making a long / short serve module (there might be even if this app is naturally in 2D). If so, you can eventually combine it into a full-scale simulator. For example, we assume that for touch purposes, the screen is divided into 4 quadrants. Player can serve long or short underspin or topspin versions of these serves. If I touch:
  • top-left: if I think serve is short underspin
  • top-right: if I think serve is short topspin
  • bottom-left: if I think serve is long underspin
  • bottom-right: if I think serve is long topspin
So, you can have the above in each module (for example, in the Reverse Pendulum module).

You can also have a module (take more money from us for this!) in which you mix all types of serves (punch, pendulum, etc). Of course, you'll have to have one player do all serves (rather than several as it exists now).

You can also up the stakes: so, if I touch the screen after optimal time to respond (based on real life serve receive situation), I get a FAIL even if I gauge the serve right. This time to respond obviously would depend on the serve type (one might assume that topspin serves should be taken at top of bounce, etc).

Lastly, there is no reason why you would only have 1 reverse pendulum server: I find your reverse serve technique to be quite different from the guy you chose for the app.

BTW: your punch serve is very deceptive. AngryAngryAngry

Brett: you're from a country where the kids, to a large extent, are still unpolluted by all the brain frying game playing on smart phones. Out here in the US, when I see cadet or junior level players practicing (even the national team members), I see them playing games on their phone (like Clash of Clans) during their downtime (and there is a lot of downtime in clubs, especially during league nights). Hopefully, we get to a time when the coaches tell them to get on your app while they are waiting for their turn at the table.

Edited by slevin - 04/08/2016 at 11:15am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 11:25am
Thanks slevin

The possibilities are endless. You'll should see this app evolve into very interesting. 

It's not even close to finished. You'll have a variety of players serving different serves at you. My Pendulum is next. Once I have all my serves in the app (for example) I'll mixed them up etc. Updates will be fairly constant. 

I read all your other suggestions too, so thanks for taking the time.
SlowMover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlowMover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 12:23pm
+1 on serve depth option

Could be as simple as picking short or long when facing various serve types.  
Jim Butler might be the most deceptive for this.
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 2:05pm
Brett,

Great job so far on the app.

Here's a few suggestions:

A non competitive app mode to study contact points. For example, a way to watch serve contact in slow motion and option to zoom in closer to see the contact. Use of a ball with stripes and being able to toggle from stripped to not striped.

A hidden serve mode where the player must guess the spin without seeing contact. You may have to zoom out a little bit to get a good view of this. For example, I intentionally don't look at the contact point and try to guess the serve sometimes. Seeing the second bounce would be good for this.

Keep up the great work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

Brett,

Great job so far on the app.

Here's a few suggestions:

A non competitive app mode to study contact points. For example, a way to watch serve contact in slow motion and option to zoom in closer to see the contact. Use of a ball with stripes and being able to toggle from stripped to not striped.

A hidden serve mode where the player must guess the spin without seeing contact. You may have to zoom out a little bit to get a good view of this. For example, I intentionally don't look at the contact point and try to guess the serve sometimes. Seeing the second bounce would be good for this.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Slow mo is a complicated on serves as you need a lot of frames. Hidden contact idea is interesting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 8:18am
Table Tennis Edge app users, there's a major update available today on both IOS and Android. Here's a video highlighting some of the new features.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 7:33pm
A new update is now available for Android users. IOS should be ready early next week. Here's a very quick video with the features.

Edited by Brett Clarke - 05/07/2016 at 7:44pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 7:54pm
Fatt, if you don't want to wait forever for rating inflation to break 2000, buy an Android and get with the program. This app is becoming ridiculously good.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic