Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wu Jingping on Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong's BH Hur
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wu Jingping on Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong's BH Hur

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wu Jingping on Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong's BH Hur
    Posted: 01/30/2016 at 5:58pm
This is probably not a secret or news anymore, but anyhow I paste the article here.

In the new issue of the Chinese TT Magazine, Wu Jingping confirmed that Fan Zhendong is using hurricane on his BH, while Xu Xin switched from Hurricane to BTY, and now changed back to Hurricane.  He also said now the technique is more brushing rather than hitting, and rely more on generating own power rather than relying on the rebound/in-comeing power of the shot.

Current For Sale
Sponsored Links

Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2016 at 11:59pm
Seems kind of counter-intuitive. How can you focus more on generating your own power with a more brushing stroke? Racket speed perhaps, but wow talk about a demanding technique.
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Danzors Danzors wrote:

Seems kind of counter-intuitive. How can you focus more on generating your own power with a more brushing stroke? Racket speed perhaps, but wow talk about a demanding technique.

More brushing = more spin = more stability = increased ability to add more power without missing. 

It's interesting that now Xu Xin, Ma Long and FZD have all changed their BH rubber to H3. Perhaps the plastic ball is more friendly towards hard sticky rubbers.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
typn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 1:24am
XX and FZD changed to h3 bh???
Blade -- DHS Long V
FH -- DHS H3
BH -- DHS TG3-60
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 2:08am
Originally posted by typn typn wrote:

XX and FZD changed to h3 bh???

looks like it.
-------
Viscaria

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 2:36pm
You need to generate more of your own power because the ball is heavier with less spin, so you can't borrow power as easily. More brushing because the plastic ball doesn't spin as well. They changed to Chinese rubbers on backhand because Tenergy feels too soft for them on the backhand. 
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 2:59pm
Players with best BH right now, except for Fan Zhendong, all use Tenergies for that matter, including Zhang Jike, Ovcharov, Timo Boll, Chuang Chih-yuan, etc. 
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Epid3xia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epid3xia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

Players with best BH right now, except for Fan Zhendong, all use Tenergies for that matter, including Zhang Jike, Ovcharov, Timo Boll, Chuang Chih-yuan, etc. 

They use Tenergies for what matter? I mean do they use Tenergy because of the new ball to help to get more spin and speed?

I don't want to sound stupid. I just want to know the reasons behind the table tennis secrets Wink

Edited by Epid3xia - 01/31/2016 at 4:51pm
Single Ply Hinoki Club Member
Darker Speed 90 9mm Shakehand 86g
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 4:59pm
I mean that the players with good BH already don't need to change their rubbers for the new ball at all. Don't switch yours just because some top players do so.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
typn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 9:21pm
XX and FZD uses H3 on BH, any evidence yet or just speculation?

Edited by typn - 01/31/2016 at 9:22pm
Blade -- DHS Long V
FH -- DHS H3
BH -- DHS TG3-60
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 9:31pm

XX and FZD uses H3 on BH, any evidence yet or just speculation?

Based on the article, it mentioned that XX and FZD are switching to Hurricane for BH but never specified which Hurricane version.

Edited by Renol - 01/31/2016 at 9:32pm
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Epid3xia Epid3xia wrote:

I just want to know the reasons behind the table tennis secrets Wink

There are no secrets being revealed just because it's written in Chinese :)

It's always a better quality shot if you are able to have the touch to let the ball dig in and put your own spin on (rub the ball with better quality) rather than borrow from the incoming ball. If you are adding spin, by definition you are hitting the ball less. Any Chinese coach tells the student these basic things, and uses the same words. Wu Jingping is just saying these guys are still getting better at these elements.

Xu Xin continues to experiment.

Edited by sandiway - 02/01/2016 at 1:10am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 4:12am
Personally I felt that Ma Long's recent successes owe a lot to the fact that his BH has improved tremendously, and the link seems to be the switch to the tacky Chinese rubber. He used to have a lot more trouble controlling his power on the BH.
-------
Viscaria

typn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 7:49am
could you provide the original topic in Chinese link please
Blade -- DHS Long V
FH -- DHS H3
BH -- DHS TG3-60
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 10:29am

could you provide the original topic in Chinese link please

Hi, This is in the 2016 January issue of Table Tennis "乒乓 16年1月号" (not Table Tennis World).  I'll paste the whole article here (apologize that I need to break it into two files or else you won't be able to read it with the 200k limit compression).

Current For Sale
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 3:34pm
XX has used h3 on backhand for a while - last I saw he was using H3 on the #60 orange sponge that you find under tin arc and TG3 #60.  This isn't generally available but I know some forumers have tracked some down.  Ma Long was using h3 on the old #20 sponge :O
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic