Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

44mm and 55mm balls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 44mm and 55mm balls
    Posted: 02/02/2016 at 1:11pm
Hello,

Noticed Killerspin is selling 44mm and 55mm TT balls. Has anyone tried these? How do they play? How durable are they?

Thanks

Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 2:38pm
Wowwww never seen 55mm tt balls. Probably made for pool pong.
I'll be glad to read review - what's their weight and material?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 4:20pm
THOSE BLESSED NIPPONESE...

Japan native people do play no hardbat, no sandpaper either.

Japan all play 44 Big Ball , lovely amusement with most of the Senior Folks all over country ..
Some 400.000 local citizens all over Japan got now involved in the Big Ball competitive activities..
Great pingpang experience to make you happy and healthy and wealthy as well.   My poor motherland Russia, we all swindled into the worse derivative of ping pong. Sandpaper kills the feel and control of play thus making you unhappy and caustic character..
To my special surprise, I have now got to favour 44 Big Size Game over the casual 40 ball play.,     44 oversized Sphere is a superb amusement to make you a happy man.
Nipponese, most of the island nation, has now felt themselves world's most blessed people for having obtained an unlimited opportunity of the 44 Ball play ...

So unlucky on me, I now happened to drop outside the game as being unable to practise 44 Balls any further. All my store of the 44 big balls have got all cracked by now.. Nothing remaining. Wreck a lad I am. [:crying:] [:crying:]

44 mm Big Ball ping pang is a great amusement, indeed.

Why sandpaper? Impaired parody of the game. Ball controll is not there at all, no good perception of the ball, stony and obscure feeling. Handicapped sport to play, Anyway, sandpaper will give you a good piece of grievance at play.

Japan whole nation did opted for the 44 Big Ball

They betake no interest about the s-a n-d-p-a-p-e-r sport.   Instead, Japan's 400.000 people, a huge share of country whole population, did opted for the easy-to-play Nittaku 44 balls, the very sport to make everyone happy very well..
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Hello,

Noticed Killerspin is selling 44mm and 55mm TT balls. Has anyone tried these? How do they play? How durable are they?

Thanks

The 44 are unbelievably horrible and take all the fun out of the sport but might be fun with hardbat or sandpaper or something.  They are not for serious play.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 7:59pm
I used to have 72mm balls (not being rude either)
 came with two big bats called pow and bang
 I did have one ball with a spiral drawn on it to show spin
I did have them for a few years until I lent them out to some young ones who went out with a mission to destroy
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 10:09pm
Here I am helping with a program to introduce seniors to TT. I was thinking the big balls might be easier for them to start playing the game. However, I was not sure about the quality of these balls given how much problems the manufacturers are having the 40+ balls. 
But as Igor said above apparently seniors in Japan enjoy it. 
Baal mentioned it was not good for competitive players - but I was thinking about seniors being introduced to the game.

Butterfly MPS
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 10:41pm
We tried once 50 mm ball

Edited by dmras - 02/02/2016 at 10:42pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Here I am helping with a program to introduce seniors to TT. I was thinking the big balls might be easier for them to start playing the game. However, I was not sure about the quality of these balls given how much problems the manufacturers are having the 40+ balls. 
But as Igor said above apparently seniors in Japan enjoy it. 
Baal mentioned it was not good for competitive players - but I was thinking about seniors being introduced to the game.

yes they were designed for that purpose and probably would be great for that.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 11:57pm
Thanks the video - it looked pretty good. What brand of ball was being used? How long did it last? 
Butterfly MPS
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 6:39am
I don't remember the brand, bought it from US shop, it is stil alive, but not played since that time. It is celluloid.

Edited by dmras - 02/03/2016 at 6:39am
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 10:27am
God please no. ITTF might like and further kill the sport Dead
unclesam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclesam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 4:53pm
no worries, they might increase the size of the table and bat too
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 11:39pm
Yeah, they will increase the size of the ball, the size of the bat, the size of the table, the size of the net, .....  until one day we realize that we are now playing TENNIS ..... LOL

Edited by doraemon - 02/03/2016 at 11:41pm
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2016 at 11:43pm
Are there any suppliers in Canada for the "big balls"?
Butterfly MPS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic