Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber like Big Dipper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slowd16z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowd16z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber like Big Dipper?
    Posted: 02/09/2016 at 4:11pm
Can anybody make a quick recommendation for a rubber that is similar to Big Dipper but has slightly more tack or at least has tack that lasts longer? How does the tack on Moon Pro compare to BD? I really like the feel and throw of these new hybrid rubbers.

Thanks,

Edited by slowd16z - 02/09/2016 at 4:18pm
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 4:36pm
I loved the early batches of BD 38 degree, but as you say the tack doesn't hang around for long.  And later 38 degree sheets I had were a lot harder.

It's been ages since I used Moon Pro but the sheet I had was tackier IIRC.

I've been using Sanwei Target National for the past 5 hours and it's like an improved BD 38.  Not tackier, but the tack has stayed very consistent so far.  Topsheet is softer and a bit more elastic, slightly faster overall.  More expensive though, and I can't comment on the QC across sheets yet.  Great rubber and worth tracking down.
WayZooted View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WayZooted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 1:09pm
Any updated comparison on Target National & Big Dipper 38? I'm using Moon Pro 37. It's too hard but with a softer sponge it might be great.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 3:07pm
I have played BD and Target National.  Overall, I think that Target National is a better version of BD.  It has the similar tack (not as tacky as H3 Neos), but just the same tack as BD.  However, it behaves better with the Target National.  Passive blocking is easier and opening spins are better.  Off the table, I think that TN has similar speed as BD, but to me at least, TN is more predictable.  I still have some WTF moment with BD from time to time.  TN is also more acceptable for boosting.  My BD bubble up after just one layer of Falcon Booster.  TN holds up pretty good.

I think that TN is more like an upgraded version of BD IMHO.
WayZooted View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WayZooted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 3:54pm
Thanks!
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 7:03pm
Battle 2 (729) is a step up from battle 2 in terms of play imo. Good tack. Higher quality and less variability.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 7:55pm
vanjr,

You mean battle 2 is a step above big dipper.  Right?

Mark
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2016 at 7:21am
Above. Or better. The one thing I could do easier w big dipper is counter loop off the table. In all other aspects of the game by was superior. Imo.
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2016 at 10:31am
Are big dipper red sheets less tacky than black ones? I have a red sheet and it is almost non tacky... The rubber protector sheets you use with tacky rubbers will barely even stick on. I'd be willing to give big dipper another shot if the black sheets were?
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2016 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

Are big dipper red sheets less tacky than black ones? I have a red sheet and it is almost non tacky... The rubber protector sheets you use with tacky rubbers will barely even stick on. I'd be willing to give big dipper another shot if the black sheets were?

Often chinese black rubbers are better than red one even if is the same model
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2016 at 5:49pm
I should have vega china next week.
The rubber was too advanced for its time. God willing, it might be perfect as a hybrid rubber.

Theres rising dragon. Which had those net moments that i dislike. Just fell right off.
Vega china on the other hand has the carbo sponge instead of the basic sponge on rising dragon.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic