Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

clipper wood vs clipper cr vs clipper cc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clipper wood vs clipper cr vs clipper cc
    Posted: 04/12/2016 at 6:51am
Hi All,

Can anyone please compare b/w these three blades?

Thanks.
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
Sponsored Links

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks.

May be hard to find someone who used all three...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2016 at 10:48pm
Take a look here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43040&title=clipper-cc-first-review-impressions
< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2016 at 11:33pm
The Clipper CC is a carbon blade but it's unique in that it has a special carbon powder between each layer, there are 6 layers of carbon powder in total. The Clipper CR is an all wood blade with extra speed and a special varnished outer veneer. The Clipper Wood or Clipper Classic is also an all wood blade and is the slower of the three.

The CC is quite heavy as it has '13' plies, 7 wood and 6 carbon powder (thin layers) usually over 90 grams. 

It's the fastest of the three. Clipper CR is a commonly used blade, we use it in all of our rubber reviews as a 'control' blade to remain consistent with testing, it has a great balance of control and reasonable pace.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2016 at 1:10am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks.

May be hard to find someone who used all three...

Cc is stiffer smaller and it will feel faster and lower throw cr a little bit more powerful and stable.clipper more control an 6 year+ old clipper is another breed better in any conceivable way. I think modern clippers use chemically softened veneers of lower quality to match better quality wood
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2016 at 3:33am
clipper wood is soft and almost stiff. easy to use but lacks power. on fh, it works best with 47.5 rubber like m1 and mx-p.

clipper cr is hard and almost stiff. they increased the hardness a lot, but not the flex. So there is a big difference in throw and speed with respect to clipper wood. lower throw, counterloops tends to go to net. on fh,  you need to use 45 deg rubber like t05 or el-p. Or m2. M1 and mx-p are too hard.

clipper cc is even harder than CR (feels like a sheet of metal, very sharp.) but also noticeably more flexible. (thinner also). So it throws higher in counterloops. a better blade than CR (unless you have pips I guess). great touch.
Here too, on fh, you need to use 45 deg rubber like t05 or el-p. Or m2. M1 and mx-p are too hard.

(Btw, clipper CC is very similar to tibhar samsonov force pro black edition)

Caveat: all the above may vary, because the thickness in clipper varies a lot: I have tried clipper CCs which are stiffer than mine, as stiff as a CR. I have also tried a CR which is much more flexible than the two I have.

Edited by seguso - 04/18/2016 at 3:41am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 5:35am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

clipper wood is soft and almost stiff. easy to use but lacks power. on fh, it works best with 47.5 rubber like m1 and mx-p.

clipper cr is hard and almost stiff. they increased the hardness a lot, but not the flex. So there is a big difference in throw and speed with respect to clipper wood. lower throw, counterloops tends to go to net. on fh,  you need to use 45 deg rubber like t05 or el-p. Or m2. M1 and mx-p are too hard.

clipper cc is even harder than CR (feels like a sheet of metal, very sharp.) but also noticeably more flexible. (thinner also). So it throws higher in counterloops. a better blade than CR (unless you have pips I guess). great touch.
Here too, on fh, you need to use 45 deg rubber like t05 or el-p. Or m2. M1 and mx-p are too hard.

(Btw, clipper CC is very similar to tibhar samsonov force pro black edition)

Caveat: all the above may vary, because the thickness in clipper varies a lot: I have tried clipper CCs which are stiffer than mine, as stiff as a CR. I have also tried a CR which is much more flexible than the two I have.

So which blade is used by most pros using a clipper, is it Stiga Clipper or Stiga Clipper CR?

Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:23am
CR.
All of pros with clipper use Clipper CR (or CR WRB)
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

CR.
All of pros with clipper use Clipper CR (or CR WRB)

And the difference between CR and CR WRB is that WRB has a hollow handle right?

Do clippers go well with tenergies and revolution rubbers?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic