FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Step down from Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2016 at 5:53pm
Get the maze for that money!!!!!
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2016 at 11:30pm
Get the TBS, done and done. Smile
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
bully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 12:30am
For a minimum change in your game style and a maximum change in your wallet...pick a old tag Viscaria ! Best choice !
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I think you will not like all wood after a Viscaria.

This. I can't stand Xiom offensive S after been using M.Maze, MJ SZLC and TBS over the course of 8 months. Looking forward to try Innerforce ZLC w/ MX-P this week tho LOL
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Done and doner...finis.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 1:30pm

Done and doner...finis.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Done and doner...finis.

If you haven't noticed TBS has the same wood construction as Viscaria...   

So obviously you're trying to make we waste money
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Done and doner...finis.

Obviously, you don't know your blades. Big smile  TBS does NOT play like the Viscaria. TBS is more balanced and not head heavy like the Viscaria. The TBS handle is slimmer than the Viscaria's.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 2:31am
I thought the tbAlc was introduced because the tbs was gonna be head heavy with the new gen rubbers like tenergy. I havnt heard people complaining abt viscera being head heavy though :l
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 2:46am

Done and doner...finis.

Obviously, you don't know your blades. Big smile  TBS does NOT play like the Viscaria. TBS is more balanced and not head heavy like the Viscaria. The TBS handle is slimmer than the Viscaria's.

Fair enough, but wood composition is still identical - playing properties aside it's not a significant downgrade.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 4:02am
Yes, the balance is going to depend a whole lot on the rubbers, so unless we're talking about the same rubbers, it's going to be hard to compare.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 1:25pm
I personally don't think Viscaria is head heavy, I think it is perfectly balanced (with two sheets of T05).  Also a blade with similar composition but smaller handle is certainly not going to be less head heavy.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 2:47pm

I have a few TBS and Viscaria. The construction may be the same but they do play differently. Viscaria is more head heavy and seems to be more suitable for an away from table player. TBS has the best balance of any blade I have ever owned. Superb balance.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 2:56pm
I've held a 82g Viscaria and it didn't feel head heavy to me with h3 and t80.
Owned a 84g tb ALC with 2.1 t05 both sides and that felt nicely balanced.

I think all 3 Viscaria, TBS, and TB ALC are nicely balanced in general. BTY is known for that compared to tibhar and other companies.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 3:35pm
My Viscaria is only a few months old and is not head heavy at all. I'm curious if the ones stating that it is are referring to the classic dark logo Viscaria.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I think all 3 Viscaria, TBS, and TB ALC are nicely balanced in general. BTY is known for that compared to tibhar and other companies.

Heck, my TBS is 93g, with 05 and 64 it feels really balanced and it's FL handle, the ST probably will feel even more balanced 

Do note that my preference for balanced is slight head heaviness. I don't like super head heavy setups as it hinders wrist movement speed but there needs to be some weight on the head to give good swing momentum in loops
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 4:41pm
Well, after all this discussion I got myself a Viscaria Smile

Edited by Nasche - 04/26/2016 at 4:43pm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

Well, after all this discussion I got myself a Viscaria :)

If I have learned anything from this forum it is that EVERY blade is a step down from a Viscaria...
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 5:32pm

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I lost my Viscaria at a tournament yesterday - don't feel bad, I always thought the Viscaria was slightly too fast and soft for my liking.

I'm looking to purchase a blade which is a step down from Viscaria, preferably 5/7 ply all-wood, with a slightly harder touch than Viscaria (or similar), but with less rebound effect.

I was looking at the Clipper Wood, Infinity VPS V, Korbel, Stratus Powerwood etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

you have to do just like me

buy a innerforce alc layer

Edited by carmelomaf - 04/27/2016 at 1:45am
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 5:56pm
Viscaria light... 😄
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

If I have learned anything from this forum it is that EVERY blade is a step down from a Viscaria...

Well you've got to hate carbon and feedback if you hate viscaria or any ALC blades. It's not extremely expensive, it's faster than all-wood but not stupid fast like pure carbon composite and it gives plenty of feedback when looping
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

My Viscaria is only a few months old and is not head heavy at all. I'm curious if the ones stating that it is are referring to the classic dark logo Viscaria.

I use old black tag ones,  they have perfect balance* at least to my way of seeing things.

*  OK, a few minutes after posting this I thought, what does that even mean?  I frankly have no idea, I suppose it just means that I really like the way the blade feels when I play with it.  I guess it means I am not conscious of their being too much weight anywhere in the blade -- or too little.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Lol so true
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

No production blade is head heavy @ 82 or 84 gms. LOL

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 10:49pm
My blade is 87g and its head heavy with moderately heavy rubbers.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2016 at 9:27am
I have been through the same and I choose the Xiom Ignito. As it is a carbon blade it has a firmer/harder feeling but still have some touch because of hinoki outer plies. I quite liked.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2016 at 11:25am
Just wanted to update this thread with my experiences:

The maze I'm using now is definitely a step down from Viscaria in speed, however the passive control is slightly increased, and blocking feels safer, although less solid than with Viscaria. Using Tenergy 05/64 2.1, there isn't a lack of speed, but it does require more effort for kill shots and middle distance play.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the soft feel due to the limba outer, especially with Tenergy 64 on the backhand. A coach running our session (who is an ex national champion), said that the combination was slightly too soft and dwelly for him.

However, in match play, I felt like I could win more points through short game, blocking and medium power looping, but less through punching shots, smashes and loop kills, which actually translates to more points won, assuming I don't play like crazy. 

I will definitely be sticking with the Maze until at least August, and then I will decide whether to purchase a Viscaria or Freitas ALC (Maze rebadge), as the Maze is damaged on the edges due to the previous owner, to the extent that it may affect the bond on the edges.

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic