Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xu Xin lifting backspin ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 6:20am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

LGL's loopkills still look so good!

They sure are! But I'm also incredibly impressed with LGL's short pushes. My God, it's been 14 years (since 2002 I think) since he was training as an athlete, and still, he displays his phenomenal touch. 

I seem to recall LGL suggesting to Ma Lin in another video to use his shoulders whilst serving to impart even more spin on the ball. I guess this shoulder rotation is another key component to increasing quality on your shots/serves, aside from deception.

Edited by MLfan - 05/21/2016 at 6:20am
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

That individualistic thinking is what holds back the other teams.
that's a great point. I guess we should define what is the 80-20 rule in this case: How much technique is shared by 100% of the players and how much is specific to individuals due to their style, body, habits etc... 20-80? 50-50? 80-20?
Think outside the box.  Waldner is credited for revolutionizing the modern attacking style - known in China as the fast-attack looping style by combining the best elements Europe and Asia have to offer.  That style is in and of itself an individual inspiration built upon the collective empiricism of former players.  By that definition, every top attacking player is playing a variation of that style within his/her own limitations.  Now, you don't hear people say they play 80% of that style, do you?

After Mizutani lost to Yoshimura at the 2012 All-Japan Championships, he refused to read any interview that featured Yoshimura as he simply did not want to admit defeat.  He lost to Niwa the next year.  Different from last time, he faced it.  He picked up every magazine he could find that featured Niwa, in an attempt to figure out what he lacked.  He even swallowed his pride and consulted Niwa and Kenta Matsudaira for advice on the chiquita.  The moral of the story is that even if you are at the top of the game, there is always something to learn from others and integrate into your own game.

Edited by zeio - 05/21/2016 at 10:13am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 1:54pm
Pros' technique has flaws and room to improve, that's common.

The stuff shown in the video is not easy: Power loop a half long push return in which ball drops close to the table, and fast flick a short push return with low arc and good speed. Especially the second one, it requires excellent ball feel and timing. It is HARD. LGL basically help sharpen XX's third ball attack weapon.
winterdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

LGL to XX:

Don't be such a sissy;
Your loop's way too prissy.

Stay close to the table;
That is, if you're able.

Now do what I tell you
Or else I'll expel you.

If you won't agree with me
There's always the Beijing KFC.
Okay, but this doesn't help me at all. Do you actually know what LGL is saying?

Yeah, me too, I wish to see 100 persent translation? Where are those know chinese :D ?
Stiga Infinity
Fh: Bluefire M2

Bh: Evolution ELP
GTeaLatte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTeaLatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 4:16pm
Right here...
The reason all the translations sound iffy is because of the volume at which they are speaking. We can only translate phrases that are audible. Although all are slightly different, all the translations already listed all basically summarize what lgl is saying.

Its like asking a adult to translate a baby's gibberish. :x
Stiga Rosewood NCT V
FH: Stiga Genesis M red
BH: Stiga Mantra S black
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by winterdrops winterdrops wrote:

Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

LGL to XX:

Don't be such a sissy;
Your loop's way too prissy.

Stay close to the table;
That is, if you're able.

Now do what I tell you
Or else I'll expel you.

If you won't agree with me
There's always the Beijing KFC.
Okay, but this doesn't help me at all. Do you actually know what LGL is saying?

Yeah, me too, I wish to see 100 persent translation? Where are those know chinese :D ?

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen.  This post was, I had hoped, obviously to be understood as satirical and not to be taken seriously. 

The United States Army did send me to the Defense Languages Institute 51 years ago to learn Chinese Mandarin, but not for the purpose of learning and remembering Chinese Mandarin table tennis terminology.  So no, 51 years later, I don't really know what Liu Guoliang said to Xu Xin.

Besides, as GTeaLatte pointed out in a post previous to this, it is difficult, if not impossible, to understand in any language what someone is saying to someone else if the transmission is nearly inaudible, or when I was a voice intercept processing operator, overridden with static, white noise, and Morse code.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/21/2016 at 4:36pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 4:45pm
One question, was LGL using pips out or inverted rubber?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Come on dude. It was not even his paddle. Can't you tell it's a shakehands paddle LGL is holding with inverted rubber?

Edited by sandiway - 05/22/2016 at 8:07pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Come on dude. It's was not even his paddle. Can't you tell it's a shakehands paddle LGL is holding with inverted rubber?
You can tell it was the hitting partner's paddle LOL 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic