Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liu Guo Liang name Meaning fits TT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liu Guo Liang name Meaning fits TT
    Posted: 05/20/2016 at 11:40am
Just discovered, LGL was born to TT, read this 3-part English preso, you will understand Why.

Sponsored Links

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 1:53am
Originally posted by rosecitytt rosecitytt wrote:

Just discovered, LGL was born to TT, read this 3-part English preso, you will understand Why.
]
Please, can you summarize this (interesting) preposition? I cannot properly open the linked video.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 8:37am
Name analysis starts 0:12, looks at bottom of the screen.
(don't know why insert video function is not working now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nwUT7mpz0

Summary:
the last Chinese Character of LGL name:(This traditional is same as simplified)
There are three parts to that word (Liang)
(top left) Water: flows like water, water can be in any form
(top right) Blade edge:  the left and right "piie" indicates sharpness on both side, so some knife has only one side edge, this is double edge/side.
(bottom ) Wood: This means foundation or basis, like in ancient times, a lot of base of building is made of wood trunk.

Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 9:25am
Liu is the god of table tennis. The best player in the history - even greater than Jiang Jialiang and Ichiro Ogimura. He knows his stuff and at his best he could easily beat any of the current Chinese stars. 

Edited by ChichoFicho - 05/21/2016 at 9:25am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

this is how you get ping pong churches all around the globe 2000 years from now; at least the consolation for some will be to have lgl on a cross; my point is not letting fzd and lsw play in rio is just as shameful as not letting ma long play in 2012. olympics means talent and suspense; the way lgl acts is killing suspense -at least trying to smoother it- and making the competition a bureaucratic crap instead of the fiesta Athens wanted it millennials ago; the way I see it lgl kills the olympic spirit.
that simple one time tourney to qualify lxx was a farce; almost a setup...and the way lsw lost that girl should be considered as an asset for her to push her up mentally not to put her down like cnt did...
the way I see it, the cnt only advantage is having an unlimited  supply of high level players better than any other countries so they can make all the mistakes and wrong things they want they will still win...that means the cnt is a tt empire and we all know all empires fall eventually.
I hope ma long wins in rio because he is the ultimate olympian and he deserves it and after it was unfair he did not participate in 2012. I'll be done with my respect for the cnt after that.
After that I will consider the cnt as a stupid machine to manage champions and take advantage of them; not to create them.
lgl took over at the best moment and surfed a nice wave; the supply of world class players was so high he does not deserve more than a mere ok manager title.
The way I see it in Rio zjk will lose early in his half of the draw and ml might crumble under pressure later. By sending fzd or xx, ma long would have been in super boss mode all the way with nobody able to take his focus away; by breaking all fair play rules and sending zjk, the cnt is committing suicide like the Swedes champs did when they started to age and wanted to keep playing anyway, smothering the youth.
viva ma long 2016, viva fzd 2020, viva lsw 2020.
So you're saying ML needs XX/FZD to clear the path for him?  That he is not capable of going solo even if ZJK sabotages him?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 2:24pm
ZJK has always been much stronger than Ma Long.  If he wins the 2016 Olympic title, he will be regarded as the greatest player in the history of the game.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 5:58pm

I mean zjk had his chance to qualify and he did not take it... normally the rankings and past results will NOT let him play singles but he is now going because some people give him a favor. he will be the dark horse, the unpredictable factor that takes people's attention for the wrong reasons. Even if he makes it to the final it will not be deserved because he stole somebody's lunch; fzd's to be precise. He insults the olympian spirit twice: once in 2012 by winning without beating ma long; and twice by having a shot in 2016 by taking somebody else's spot. that is not good for ma long who feels best when rules are clear and clearly applied; when that does not happen then ma long may play under his best level. that's what I meant.
ML: I'm sorry but I didn't make it, fatt.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 6:50pm

I mean zjk had his chance to qualify and he did not take it... normally the rankings and past results will NOT let him play singles but he is now going because some people give him a favor. he will be the dark horse, the unpredictable factor that takes people's attention for the wrong reasons. Even if he makes it to the final it will not be deserved because he stole somebody's lunch; fzd's to be precise. He insults the olympian spirit twice: once in 2012 by winning without beating ma long; and twice by having a shot in 2016 by taking somebody else's spot. that is not good for ma long who feels best when rules are clear and clearly applied; when that does not happen then ma long may play under his best level. that's what I meant.
Which major trophies has ML won beating ZJK then? Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Edited by The soul of rock - 05/21/2016 at 6:50pm
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 8:16pm
check out how LGL trained/shown XX one on one. flip/loops etc... amazing !Clap

if Life is short, play Ping Pong to make it longer :P
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

ZJK has always been much stronger than Ma Long.  If he wins the 2016 Olympic title, he will be regarded as the greatest player in the history of the game.

With hyperboosted sponge and a questionably legal service, yes.  It ZJK does win the 2016 Olympic gold medal, he will surely go down as the greatest offensive player in history to date since the introduction of speed glue.  No mean achievement that.  What defender could derail him?  The aging Joo Sae Hyuk?  Ding Song coming out of retirement?  Viktoria Pavlovitch?  Angela Guan? 
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 12:21am
I am actually quite impressed by LGL both as a player and as a head coach (manager).

As a player, he achieved grand slam with his deprecating style. He managed to beat Wang Tao in the WTTC, and finally won the gold medal, while he often lost to Wang inside the team. BTW, according to Wikipedia, Wang Tao was mentioned in season 4, episode 8 of the American television series The Office. In the episode, entitled "The Deposition," the character Dwight Schrute mentions Wang Tao as one of his table tennis heroes.

As a head coach, he encourages innovation in TT, always thinks outside the box, pushing for new rule in super league and cnt qualification games.

Not sure if I can call him TT genius. Definitely he is smart in TT, high IQ in TT.

Edited by rick_ys_ho - 05/22/2016 at 1:22am
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 1:20am
Originally posted by rosecitytt rosecitytt wrote:

Name analysis starts 0:12, looks at bottom of the screen.
(don't know why insert video function is not working now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nwUT7mpz0

Summary:
the last Chinese Character of LGL name:(This traditional is same as simplified)
There are three parts to that word (Liang)
(top left) Water: flows like water, water can be in any form
(top right) Blade edge:  the left and right "piie" indicates sharpness on both side, so some knife has only one side edge, this is double edge/side.
(bottom ) Wood: This means foundation or basis, like in ancient times, a lot of base of building is made of wood trunk.

Nonsense. Name can explain a person's life or career. typical Chinese superstitious stuff.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

I am actually quite impressed by LGL both as a player and as a head coach (manager).

As a player, he achieved grand slam with his deprecating style. He managed to beat Wang Tao in the WTTC, and finally won the gold medal, while he often lost to Wang inside the team. BTW, according to Wikipedia, Wang Tao was mentioned in season 4, episode 8 of the American television series The Office. In the episode, entitled "The Deposition," the character Dwight Schrute mentions Wang Tao as one of his table tennis heroes.

As a head coach, he encourages innovation in TT, always thinks outside the box, pushing for new rule in super league and cnt qualification games.

Not sure if I can call him TT genius. Definitely he is smart in TT, high IQ in TT.
For one "Shen jiao zhongyu yan jiao", or "verba docent exempla trahunt"...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic