FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Defective batch of XSF balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 9:07pm
does the G40+ sound as bad the regular BTY 40+. To me it sounds very muted and i dislike it.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

GTeaLatte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTeaLatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 9:56pm
Ive had 0 problems with the yinhe 40+ balls.
In fact i feel like they play almost the same as a good batch of xsf balls.
I bought 60 balls and checked them all. 0 dents, 0 soft spots, but 3 of them were egged. 57/60 High quality balls are a figure i can live with!
Stiga Rosewood NCT V
FH: Stiga Genesis M red
BH: Stiga Mantra S black
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

does the G40+ sound as bad the regular BTY 40+. To me it sounds very muted and i dislike it.
I love the G40+, but it is expensive Dead
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I love the G40+, but it is expensive Dead

Heard tonight that the recent ICC tournament that used the G40 thought they were terrible.  One of the organizers of the event said that many balls were out of round and up to 18 broke or fell apart.
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 4:24am
You guys who love the G40+ make me think I must have been REALLY unlucky or something. I bought 3 boxes of 12 balls, thinking that at least I would be guaranteed to get good quality balls but it was AWFUL. In every single box, at least 4 balls were clearly not round. Others also had "soft spots" which would make the ball bounce really weirdly if it landed on them.

The worst thing was that even if you adjusted to all of that and practiced with them, any edge shot of reasonable power would dent the balls and ruin them.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 10:00am
Originally posted by GTeaLatte GTeaLatte wrote:

Ive had 0 problems with the yinhe 40+ balls.
In fact i feel like they play almost the same as a good batch of xsf balls.
I bought 60 balls and checked them all. 0 dents, 0 soft spots, but 3 of them were egged. 57/60 High quality balls are a figure i can live with!

Probably those are from an earlier production run.
GTeaLatte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTeaLatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 10:26am
Why, are the newer yinhe balls bad quality?

Should i avoid future purchases?
Stiga Rosewood NCT V
FH: Stiga Genesis M red
BH: Stiga Mantra S black
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 10:57am
We know that QC for XSF balls has dropped in last year. I don't know if that is true for Yinhe. Nexy used to say that while they got their balls from same factory as XSF, they insisted on higher QC standard. Maybe Yinhe does too. I just don't know. I only had one box of Yinhe from 2014 and they were very good.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 11:38am
Well I can say that TT11 worked out the problem and will be refunding me for both boxes that I purchased before.

Their customer support is always A+.

Back on topic. I think NP40+ are still the closest to old celluloid balls in terms of feel and bounce, although they seem harder and heavier they still play decently well. On the other hand, good XSF balls are easier to play with because of slightly higher bounce and appearance of less speed when traveling in the air.

Edited by DreiZ - 05/24/2016 at 11:40am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Rhainur Rhainur wrote:

You guys who love the G40+ make me think I must have been REALLY unlucky or something. I bought 3 boxes of 12 balls, thinking that at least I would be guaranteed to get good quality balls but it was AWFUL. In every single box, at least 4 balls were clearly not round. Others also had "soft spots" which would make the ball bounce really weirdly if it landed on them.

The worst thing was that even if you adjusted to all of that and practiced with them, any edge shot of reasonable power would dent the balls and ruin them.
That is fair; unlike other people only need to pay ~14 pounds for one dozen G40+ 3* balls, we need to pay ~35USD for 12 G40+ 3* balls. Our G40+ 3* balls are better be indestructible LOL

Edited by Egghead - 05/26/2016 at 10:53am
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 12:32pm
So has anyone got a newer batch of Yinhe's from Coles?

I bought my 24 back in Jan 2015...I gave out 12.. and just have 2 left. So that's a pretty good run for 10 balls as we play about 8 hours per week. 

Need to buy some more and we liked the Yinhe's the best after trying almost all of the others. 

Just don't want to have some of the issues addressed here, even though this is an XSF thread.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by j-bo j-bo wrote:

So has anyone got a newer batch of Yinhe's from Coles?

I bought my 24 back in Jan 2015...I gave out 12.. and just have 2 left. So that's a pretty good run for 10 balls as we play about 8 hours per week. 

Need to buy some more and we liked the Yinhe's the best after trying almost all of the others. 

Just don't want to have some of the issues addressed here, even though this is an XSF thread.
Don't know about Coles' Yinhe balls. I received few boxes of Yinhe's balls last month from China, and all of them seem like the good old XSF balls.  
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 3:02pm
Thanks Egghead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic