Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rubber globe 999

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
britain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubber globe 999
    Posted: 08/11/2006 at 9:51am
I an new on the forum, can give me myself your opinion on the rubber globe 999,speed adherence control and the difference with the 999T. Thank yo for your help. A little precision i alwalys play with the europeans rubbers.
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 5:12pm
I have never played with the 999T rubber but I have played with Globe 999 and its a very nice rubber. It is formost a ver yeasy rubber to conrol, it has decent speed and quite good spin ability. I have played it 2.0 and 2.2 thickness. Not much difference between the both of them. From what I have heard on this forum the dif. between the both of them (999 and 999t)is very small. I changed my Bh setup to DHS G 666 brcause I wanted more speed. Spin ability about the same, but moore speed with DHS G 666. I belive Globe 999 is a great and very underestimated rubber. It is also incredible cheap compared to other rubbers with the same quality, its really a very good buy!
The holy grail
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 7:01pm

The 999T is not a lot different, I could not notice the disfference although it's supposed to be a little faster and slightly less spinny.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 7:01pm
can't agree here... played black 2.2 mm for a while and the sponge was very mushy, and the topsheet was grey after a couple of weeks... lacked power and touch...
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 7:58pm

If the topsheet went grey it sounds like a cheap imitation. I've never seen this with any of the genuine rubber!

Both Globe 999 & 999t comes both with chinese sponge or japanese sponge, and the chinese sponge comes in several different hardnesses...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 11:41pm

Me neither.  I have never seen it gone grey.  Ive seen over 7 sheets of 999T and 4 sheets 999 over the past 18 months.  Maybe it's a counterfeit or bad copy.

Globe 999T rubber come in a lot of different Sponge hardness (30-50) so it is dependent on your supplier.

Schlager >  you may have gotten one with a very soft sponge.  The ones I have been getting were anywhere from 36 - 42 and were pretty firm.  Many great pro players have used this rubber (Kong, Ma Lin)

& I don't see any difference between 999 and 999T

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 4:35am
I tried one with 38deg sponge, too soft. The 40deg with chinese sponge is not bad.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 9:32am

If I'm using 2 sides of 999/999T sometimes I use the 40 deg on FH and 36-38 on BH.

BRITAIN >  are you thinking of trying out a 999 rubber?  Since it is a very good price usually?

Do you like soft, medium soft or hard sponge on your rubbers?

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2007 at 8:15pm
Wow, what a great rubber. got a 999T6 2.1mm Black 36-38* to try as i noticed it seems v. popular by people using forums.

Great control on bh, absorbs spin, plays thru spinny serves and allows good control and attacking spinny strokes. Reminds me of Juic Spinspiel that i used along time ago but with more control at about 1/4 of the cost.
Great feeling gives alot of confidence to strokeplay and shot selection.

Tried it on a softer blade and not half as good, has taught me an invaluable lesson in experimenting rubbers on different blade types to find the best combo!

Are these Globe 999t's durable?
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 12:38am
Yes they are very durable as long as you keep them clean.  I used mine for almost a year then gave them away.  I just saw one guy still using his sheet tonight about 6 months later.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:04am
I have a sheet of globe 999T with Dawei Saviga 2.2 42 Degree Sponge and I really like it. Very Spinny and Fast and unglued much more lively compared to Hurricane 2/3
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:16am
Who/where is a reliable source for buying Globe 999?
mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:33am
Thanks for that wfwfitz, i'm pedantic about keeping them clean and covered and as i only use it twice a week - looks like this will be value for money!

mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Wheelie Wheelie wrote:

Who/where is a reliable source for buying Globe 999?

I bought mine from e-bay using a guy called "china-friend" had alot of stuff from there, very reasonable, he'll reduce p&p for larger orders if you ask and i'm reliably informed from a UK supplier that he is fully 100% kosher!

As for 999, you will not be disappointed if you like attack but need control to go with it!

Edit to add, never speed glued but that i use glue sheets now whilst i have been experimenting which rubber suits which blade!
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 5:00pm
okie, the other day, i just tried out my Globe999 2.2 for my fh on the OC CR WRB, with some kinda Chinese speed glue, and somehow, the rubber feels like rubbish, i couldnot do any spinny or powerful loop, all i did with the rubber that day was to flip and short push back. I thought i m about to throw it away.
Just yesterday, i tried it on my new blade Clipper wood, with just Aqua effect glue (non-speed glue), and amazingly how it works. loops re just spinny and fast (prolly due to the blade), so kinda confused. Are these Globe sheets just work well with fast and little hard blade? not on slower off blades?
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 7:53pm
You probably got the soft sponged version of 999, the harder sponges are better on the thin blades like the OC CR WRB.

PS: Chinese rubbers often have a "break in" period, try the 999 on the OC CR WRB again and see if its better.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by hieupham hieupham wrote:

okie, the other day, i just tried out my Globe999 2.2 for my fh on the OC CR WRB, with some kinda Chinese speed glue, and somehow, the rubber feels like rubbish, i couldnot do any spinny or powerful loop, all i did with the rubber that day was to flip and short push back. I thought i m about to throw it away.
Just yesterday, i tried it on my new blade Clipper wood, with just Aqua effect glue (non-speed glue), and amazingly how it works. loops re just spinny and fast (prolly due to the blade), so kinda confused. Are these Globe sheets just work well with fast and little hard blade? not on slower off blades?

I don't think it is just globe sheets, if you note my post above i had a similar experience.

I believe soft rubbers work best with hard blades and hard rubbers work best with soft blades ('im sure i have read that somewhere on a forum), then of course you have individual preferences in between mixing and matching.

I like trying out different rubbers as i am still searching for the perfect bat(s) for attack play (the game i want to play), defence play when i am playing someone who i am having difficulty with and attack fh with defence bh, so i have now learnt to try rubbers on different types of blade!

Can anybody else shed some light on this thinking?
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 8:14pm
Cream/Jap is extremely good for chopping and has enough touch to loop well, pair that up with some short pips on the backhand (such as 802-40 on a thin sponge) and a nice 7-ply blade.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic