Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Giving up on h3 neo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
safet4200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safet4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giving up on h3 neo
    Posted: 07/26/2016 at 1:16am
After playing with boosted h3 neo for almost 8 months I have decided to give up on hurricane rubber. From talking to various coaches at different clubs, i feel that one needs to have almost perfect stokes and perfect foot work to really excel with h3 neo, that it is very unforgiving.
I went on European rubbers and found that my shots were landing more on the table and had better control and consistently.
Just wondering if anyone has had similar experience.
Sponsored Links

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 1:28am
I went back to euro/jap rubbers, for me it was more of a trade-off, with h3 neo i had better short game, serves and counter looping. However I had a very hard time initiating my own attacks and in the end i think its much easier on my body to continue playing with tenergy.
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 6:13am
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I went back to euro/jap rubbers, for me it was more of a trade-off, with h3 neo i had better short game, serves and counter looping. However I had a very hard time initiating my own attacks and in the end i think its much easier on my body to continue playing with tenergy.

This is true.
This rubber(H3) is made for close to mid-range play depends on the blades composition.
For wooden blade - mid range
For composite blade - close range
Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 7:32am
Originally posted by safet4200 safet4200 wrote:

After playing with boosted h3 neo for almost 8 months I have decided to give up on hurricane rubber. From talking to various coaches at different clubs, i feel that one needs to have almost perfect stokes and perfect foot work to really excel with h3 neo, that it is very unforgiving.
I went on European rubbers and found that my shots were landing more on the table and had better control and consistently.

h3 has more control than euro, everybody knows that.
This is why boll and others complain, they say the chinese have it easier because they use h3.

Edited by lucifer - 07/26/2016 at 7:39am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 9:21am
It took me about one session to quit h3neo. If CNT actually use what I tried they are levels above anything human.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 9:35am
"For wooden blade - mid range
For composite blade - close range"
R.R. please explain above

For the OP, it is a matter of choice.  It depends on equipment that will almost play all by itself and one that takes more effort.
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 9:51am
I've never been a fan of the Chinese rubbers..

If I was able to get into the sponge, man the looping was awesome, but I had to have near perfect form in order to put a majority of the balls back on the table..

I have been with German and Japanese tensors for years now and haven't looked back.
Xiom Europe Vegas|FH Tenergy 05|BH:Tenergy 05FX|
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 10:42am
Originally posted by roger_rabbit roger_rabbit wrote:

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

This is true.
This rubber(H3) is made for close to mid-range play depends on the blades composition.
For wooden blade - mid range
For composite blade - close range

I thought it would be more other way around.
Wooden - close
Composite - mid
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 9:45am
More info:

In general,
the most popular wooden blade with limba outer ply has more flex than most popular composite blade (eg. TBS, TB ALC), and this would change the playing style.

But of course there are also wooden blades which are stiff eg. Stiga hard wood series and also some heavy wooden blade > 94 g like Butterfly Mazunov.

Look at this chart:
http://shopadmin.thaiepay.com/shopdetail/939/images/blade%20matrix.jpg

Then combine the blade with H3 and you will get the result.

PS: the sponge hardness is also matter, the lower the sponge hardness, the higher catapult results

Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 6:45pm
I love hurricane...
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 8:16pm
For many years I used Chinese tacky rubbers on my BH just to confuse with unpredictability my opponents and slow them down. Serving was good too.....
The new ball makes me hate all my tacky Chinese ones , except the soaked with booster Tau which isn't Chinese and the equally boosted H8. When I feel I need to burn some calories I may spend an hour or so with those. Then I go to my usual T64!T05 combo and I feel like I rule

Edited by Kolev - 07/27/2016 at 8:17pm
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 7:20am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

I love hurricane...

+1 me too.
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 8:21am
Hurricane 3 does not forgive bad strokes.
It´s like the racket Federer used for most of his career: super heavy, small and thin, very tough to play with. But when one masters the equipment the result is devastating.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 9:17am
Everybody should experience chinese rubber, especially since the low prices just to see the difference in play. It's nice to take the knowledge and benefit from it. That's what I recommend anyway. I used Transcend/Hurricane rubbers 2 years ago for around solid 6+ months including league matches and I had great on the table control, I could spoon the ball 99% of the time returning it with the same reliable stroke regardless what spin was on it. I can chop for shit but with tacky rubber this was no longer a problem and you don't even have to push it back. Serving and top spinning on the table was fantastic, it also helped the fact that it really slowed the speed down when you play a passive stroke. This meant if you want speed (boosted or not) you need to increase your arm/body swing and make a nice juicy contact. I will tell you one thing a chinese rubber will fix for new comers......when they are told by their coaches to brush the ball but it ends up on the floor due to poor coaching, not realizing they are brushing too hard. Chinese rubber top coating will have no problem on thin contact and can fix this phenomen. Euro rubber is not exactly like that. You need to engage both sponge and top sheet to prevent the ball from slipping (but if you do, there is a high chance of missing the table *spring sponge*). Another info for chinese rubber, many people who use the chicken stroke may find they can't utilize the rubber 100%, for instance away from the table, but even on the table you will realize swinging with full extended arm gives devastating speed and spin. The major problem is you need great legs, abs, and zero hesitation when you play these shots with chinese rubber. I did it, I felt the pain and glory when you destroy somebody with a hurricane rubber. I also felt the times I end up beating myself from trying to hard while the other guy will simply block and all he has to do is readjust to the spins. 
Eventually after long decision I came back to euro rubber and it was like heaven, the ease of play, the easier to counter loop away from the table balls. Most of all the high pace! With euro rubber you don't feel like you are spinning the ball so much as you are controlling the spring sponge pace and winning points on placement rather than spin. Whoever makes mistake first kinda thing. You also need to use the half arm (chicken swing) to keep the ball on the table and react fast to rallies. You use your body and feet as usual to get to the ball and play a little but snappy chicken swing with a touch of wrist, the secret of course being super relaxed unlike with Hurricane where you are always feeling like you are running a marathon. 
A lot of people believe fastest rallies are done by chinese players but I disagree. They use hurricane rubber, when you watch MaLong play he always returns these big arc balls on the table but in very consistent matter. Here I will link some videos to show you the difference

SHORT VERSION if you can't be bothered to read: check @rocketman222 comment

Pay attention to the forehand rallies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZqFPevg9k

I also found an amateur video from that same guy who does the tests and theory on table tennis equipment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgyjjrNFns
See the difference how the Hurricane guy has to move and how the Accuda S2 guy plays

Edited by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - 07/28/2016 at 10:01am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 11:54am
While I agree about chinese rubber. In my experience DHS hurricanes and skyline are almost the worst chinese rubbers I have ever tried. I have not seen a player who did not learn to use hurricane in china who use it well in the usa.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 12:19pm
Just like many posters here I quit playing with boosted H3 Neo a few months ago.. and never looked back.  It was definitely a lot of fun at first but overall all the boosting was too much work (for me). I just couldn't get used to all the changes in feel over time, i.e. on week 1 the rubber would be tacky/well boosted; week 3, barely tacky/booster almost gone; week 5 grippy/not boosted.  At its peak, the rubber would be a spin monster (although the throw was too low for my liking) but over time I realized it was just not worth it.  

Once I firmly decided to go back I tried Evo, Rasant & Tenergy series and I liked Tenergy the most. As far as Tenergy rubbers go, I like both T64 and T05... with T64 being a bit softer and faster, and T05 being harder, not as bouncy, and (maybe) a notch spinnier.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 4:02pm
Btw, I have a bunch of very favourite Chinese rubbers which I tested once and happily stored them for the future. Things like Pronte (soft and hard), Aces (normal and harder), Drum, Higher on Transcend, SP on god favored, 729 08 ES, 999National,G888, several Juic 999 variations, just to mention a few......I'll try them with booster to see if they can be used with the new ball

Edited by Kolev - 07/28/2016 at 6:16pm
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by safet4200 safet4200 wrote:

j

If you like the benefits of H3 Neo, I don't think you necessarily have to give it up. There are alternatives like tacky Tensors (BTY SpinArt, Palio Thor, or Xiom Vega China). Also, ColesTT can make a custom Air sponge with Globe 999.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic