Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Angry player touch your table, touch my forehead
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angry player touch your table, touch my forehead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pete73 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angry player touch your table, touch my forehead
    Posted: 07/26/2016 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 10:01pm
Well, that was fun!  Regardless of whether or not Red Shirt was hiding his serve, the other guy was so far out of line it's a wonder he wasn't yellow-carded.  His delaying was ridiculous and I'm kind of speechless about his table wiping.  What on earth is he doing touching his opponent's side of the table?  He's not wiping his palm to remove sweat, which is something he does on his own side.  It just looks to me as if he's deliberating trying to bait his opponent.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 10:03pm
looks like red shirt was delaying in the beginning so green lost it and started doing it on purpose. Obviously lost his cool, but the umpire should have given yellows to both for delaying the match in the beginning. 

obviously the umpires were NOT in control in this match and let the players do whatever we see in the video. 

Poor sportsmanship, but also poor umpiring.

Edited by DreiZ - 07/26/2016 at 10:04pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 11:06pm
not quite sure how it begins, but angry guy seem to lost his temper easily.

quiet a pity

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 12:32am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

imo the OP video is blatantly biased; we should at least see the whole match to discover that the red shirt is not as angelic as the video seems to indicate.

Yep. Don't feed the pavlik.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 12:50am

Full video, it's quite old.

Edited by DreiZ - 07/27/2016 at 12:51am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 8:04am
i think after 2-2. Jeff serves , when contacting ball, right hand still not removed, from then
Z keeps complaining to umpire to no avail.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 8:58am
Ah the good ole no hiding serve rule rears its ugly head again. SMH. I swear sometimes I wish they'd just do away with that dumb rule and go to a two-toned ball. Boom. Done. Now off my soapbox.

Watch pretty much any Zaman Molla (the guy in the green shirt) match and you'll never see him act like this. Clearly both guys got aggravated and then there began a whole lot of gamesmanship.

I think it would have helped more if the umpire would have been more stern and start carding the players when they start acting out of line. It went on far too long IMO.
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 9:40am
in my eyes if you touch my side of the table you are invading private property so I have the right to shoot you or stab you.

Edited by lucifer - 07/27/2016 at 9:44am
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 9:47am
Originally posted by lucifer lucifer wrote:

in my eyes if you touch my side of the table you are invading private property so I have the right to shoot you.
Somebody touches your side of the table and you're going to shoot them...  OK...

That's not at all extreme, is it?

Edited by Tassie52 - 07/27/2016 at 9:47am
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

in my eyes if you touch my side of the table you are invading private property so I have the right to shoot you.
Somebody touches your side of the table and you're going to shoot them...  OK...

No.
It's like someone broke into your home and you are an American.
You need to protect your family.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

I think it would have helped more if the umpire would have been more stern and start carding the players when they start acting out of line. It went on far too long IMO.

Agreed.  That, and maybe call serves per the rule. (I'm assuming.  I haven't reviewed the original video.)

Nip it in the bud. 
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Agreed.  That, and maybe call serves per the rule. (I'm assuming.  I haven't reviewed the original video.)

Nip it in the bud. 

I was there.  Both sides plus the umpire/referee were equal to blame.  There was a lot more partisanship on the line than what the video displayed.  One of the ugliest inter-club rivalries that I've ever been part of...no one was even allowed to go to each other's club at the time.  It tore up my guts as I loved everyone involved in both clubs.  It was one of the main reasons I quit investing my time and money in organized table tennis competition after six long years.  

Edited by roundrobin - 07/27/2016 at 5:23pm
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

I was there.  Both sides plus the umpire/referee were equal to blame.  There was a lot more partisanship on the line than what the video displayed.  One of the ugliest inter-club rivalries that I've ever been part of...no one was even allowed to go to each other's club at the time.  It tore up my guts as I loved everyone involved in both clubs.  It was one of the main reasons I quit investing my time and money in organized table tennis competition after six long years.  

I've heard of these ridiculous rivalries in Southern California table tennis. It's a real shame. It isn't unusual that blame is shared in these kinds of situations.

Edited by wturber - 07/27/2016 at 6:25pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 6:39pm

No.
It's like someone broke into your home and you are an American.
You need to protect your family. 

Somebody touching your side of the table is the equivalent of someone breaking into your house?  Really?  Wow, you set the bar really, really low for taking offence.

So, I can only assume you shoot people on a regular basis.  How many notches do you have on your gun?  Do you shoot to kill or just to maim?  Do you give a warning, or do you just blaze away?  When you play table tennis, do you carry your gun in a holster or do you keep it in your bag?  If the latter, when someone touches your side of the table, do you call a time out so you can go and get your firearm?

Please post videos.    
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 6:43pm

Somebody touching your side of the table is the equivalent of someone breaking into your house?  Really?  Wow, you set the bar really, really low for taking offence.

His name is Lucifer.  Whadja expect?!?!

Edited by wturber - 07/27/2016 at 6:44pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 6:22am
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

I've heard of these ridiculous rivalries in Southern California table tennis. It's a real shame. It isn't unusual that blame is shared in these kinds of situations.

rofl some serious retards there. not allowing players to play? wtf they are not even professionals
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 8:10am
You might not believe it, but it happens even in small towns, not just big California, some club owner treats this like secret society, not a fair sports....
Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic