Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Boll TriCarbon - FL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Boll TriCarbon - FL
    Posted: 08/13/2006 at 3:30pm

Butterfly once again has pushed the technology envelope to a new level to produce the fastest blade in its line-up, the Boll TriCarbon. Featuring 3-Carbon layers, the Boll TriCarbon offers uncompromising power while still maintaining excellent control. Three layers of Carbon give this blade a huge sweet-spot and explosive power. The outer plies are made up of exotic Paduk wood, which is a very fast, dense wood that helps provide even more ball acceleration. If you are a power player that wants the ultimate weapon then the Boll TriCarbon should be your blade of choice.

Handle Style:        Flared

US Price: $99.99
CA Price: N/A

any comment for this blade?
Sponsored Links

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 7:46pm
Looks nice!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 9:39pm

Three layers of carbon is not really that new.

Galaxy have one with 4 layers, and several others have some with 3 layers too.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

prolly that bty blade is made by galaxy..lol
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

Looks nice!

looks expensive, my guess 90$++
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

prolly that bty blade is made by galaxy..lol

heh heh, yeah you may be right! Quite a few of the butterfly blades are now made in China!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 10:38pm
i would never buy it
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 11:15pm
Given the description and Bty's claim that it's their fastest blade it's probably too fast for 99% of players, plus it's quite expensive.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 11:19pm

haggisv is right; my coach was upset recently for getting a byt blade that was made in China.  The Japanese are very pround of their products.  If the balde is made in Japan, the company would for sure to put "Made in Japan" on it.  If there is no indication of where it was made, you should be more cautious of its place of prodcution. Shop carefully...

bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 9:34am

I agree. I had 2 bad experiences with chinese made blade(too much?)

Never buy Chinese made blade again.

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 5:16pm
I saw this blade a few months ago must just be getting to the us.It is probably as fast as they say but it will be very hard.I have a couple custom made blades non borkos and i have one with the center ply as paduk about 5mm thick with one carbon layer on the fh and it is way too fast blows my old schlager out of the water not even close. 
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 5:32pm
Its Paduk outer ply an balsa center/inner play.
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 10:27pm

That baby is gonna be fast and stiff.  If it is Balsa as well then those Paduk plies must be pretty heavy and Hard.  Too bad they don't have a ST handle.

Wow . . .  95 grams as well.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by bogeyhunter9 bogeyhunter9 wrote:

I agree. I had 2 bad experiences with chinese made blade(too much?)

Never buy Chinese made blade again.

Actually the point I was trying to make was that if high profile companies like Butterfly make some of their blades in China, the quality control in these factories must be right up!

The chinese DO make some very high quality blades, however unlike their non-chinese competitors, they also make a huge numbers of cheap & low quality blades...this is where they get their bad reputation from....

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 1:16am
how can be for sure which bty are made in china and which are from japan?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 1:26am

I was lucky enough to get some TT lessons in Guangzhou this year during my two business trips there (I usually practiced 2 hours daily with a young coach after work), and was able to get know some professional and serious amateur players.  They all used imported blades but very often with Chinese rubber for forehand (such as DH Hurricane) and an imported one for backhand (BTY Sriver FX is highly popular).  The sale-lady working in a TT store near my club in fact told me that the good quality Chinese blades are too expensive for the local people, and sometimes, their qualities are unpredictable.  For those who can afford to buy a DH Hurricane blade, she said, would prefer to buy an imported blade from Stiga, Butterfly and Donic because the QC of these companies is more reliable and consistent.

mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 2:45am

RE-DIRECT pic....this blade looks nice

Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 6:24am
Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 7:02am
it's waterproof? i guess that's a good thing
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2006 at 11:47pm
I hate it whe the US can't get ST handles unless we buy from out of country.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 12:35am
its kuz flared is the most popular. im guessing companies already know in the US table tennis is not popular so i think there testing the waters and if sales are good they will bing the other handle styles of the blade here also. its not that they dont want to they just dont want to loose money etc.
Blade:Juic Offensive 9 FL
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

http://groups.myspace.com/TableTennis
^join up
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 7:35am

True but . . .

. . . since it's going to have Timo Bolls' name on it it they should have multi handles on it like his other blades.

Schlagers and Primorac Carbon's have it so a new blade with Boll's name should sell.   They could do smaller batches and still not lose money.  They have that capability.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 5:34pm
yeha good idea i was thinking of that to, have a few that are different handles but allot more of the more popular handle etc.
Blade:Juic Offensive 9 FL
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

http://groups.myspace.com/TableTennis
^join up
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2006 at 4:08pm
funny how they use the color gray to indicate that the blade is carbon just like the other brands.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2006 at 4:11pm
if i am not wrong, timo boll just recently switch to this blade.  i think he was using it on the match against hou yingchao in germany, but i do not know if that's the first time.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2006 at 3:56am
from the video of that match, it looked like the blade he was using had light colored outer plies. I couldn't see the handle color tho.
calvinding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2006 at 4:52pm
if boll changes blades, i'm changing with him!!!
CDing
Blade: BTY TBS
FH: Skyline III
BH: Sriver EL
musastyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musastyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2006 at 11:35pm
if anything, the handle looks hot...but i think the speed is too much for most amteur players
http://www.tinyjack.com 小捷客
calvinding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 2:31am
do you guys think boll is using the tricarbon as a reaction to the future speed glue ban?
CDing
Blade: BTY TBS
FH: Skyline III
BH: Sriver EL
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 3:25am
I don't think so. Without speed glue you can't really play with hard unflexible carbon blades.
If you want to play a decent topspin without speed glue you absolutely need a very flexible all wood blade like Stiga Allround Classic or Donic Appelgreen Allplay for spin and a hard rubber for speed.

If you want to keep your carbon blades you'll have to buy the expensive 4th generation tensor rubbers which are soft and fast but they don't last long at all if you play with decent power and I don't think that they are spinny enough yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic