Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Boll TriCarbon - FL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 3:27am
According the video's, unless I'm getting blind, Boll was still using his TBS ST at the German open. Where did you get the info he was switching to the tri-carbon ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Sponsored Links

calvinding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 12:39pm
jcdi,

read previous posts
CDing
Blade: BTY TBS
FH: Skyline III
BH: Sriver EL
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 3:28am

Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

if i am not wrong, timo boll just recently switch to this blade.  i think he was using it on the match against hou yingchao in germany, but i do not know if that's the first time.

Thanks Calvinding, I did. Did you ? My english is surely poorer than yours but my understanding and my eyes are OK. Timo was using a bat with a TBS straight handle during the German open. If he switched to the tri-carbon, why the hell should he hide it with a fake handle since the Tri-carbon blade still shows his name and the manufacturer's.

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 3:47am
he'd also need a fake white outer ply for his matches with korbel and hou. nope, definitely a tbs strait.

This just in!!! WLQ uses the Primorac Off- with dhs handle (or so i heard)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 1:02pm
jcdi,

thanks for representing that you're eyes are perfect. your english is also pretty good. you know how to use "hell" for emphasis rather than as a noun.

i don't know for sure if boll switched blades. but how the hell do you know that he doesn't want people to know he switched to a boll tricarbon b/c this would effect the sales of the boll spirit, the better selling blade (especially since the spirit is more expensive than tricarbon).

let me tell you about another english expression. it's "stfu." it means "some time friendliness is utmost." I recommend to you that you should be more friendly and stfu.
CDing
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 6:39pm
Where can you get the TriCarbon in a straight handle?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
D4VOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4VOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by calvinding calvinding wrote:

jcdi,
let me tell you about another english expression. it's "stfu." it means "some time friendliness is utmost." I recommend to you that you should be more friendly and stfu.

Or you could tell him what stfu actually means in English but it's not really appropriate language for this forum.
Blade:Stiga Offensive Classic (FL-Master)
FH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
BH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 7:57pm

fails with a vengeance
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 8:11pm

i think butterfly should stop using people's name just to draw attention.  the prize might sound tempting because is 20 dollars cheaper than tbs.

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2006 at 9:56pm
timo is clearly using a TBS Straight at the German open.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 6:10am
yep, he is using Tri-Carbon allright.
D4VOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4VOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 8:07am

if boll changes blades, i'm changing with him!!!

That's the most stupid comment I have heard. Who cares what equipment Boll uses. None of us are him and none of us can play like him. Buy equipment that suits you and stick to it.
Blade:Stiga Offensive Classic (FL-Master)
FH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
BH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 8:28am
Calvinding. I'm 44 and I undertake it's never too late to be taught courtesy by such a smart guy as you are. You know what ? I think I'll follow your example and I'll switch to Tri-Carbon as well. You and me, we'll make a pair of "stfu" eventhow I have no idea what it means. Thks a mill for the tip.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 8:35am
That's the most stupid comment I have heard. Who cares what equipment Boll uses. None of us are him and none of us can play like him. Buy equipment that suits you and stick to it.[/QUOTE]

I'll be the judge of how I spend my money and what equipment I'll use. TT is a hobby for me and I derive pleasure from trying different blades and rubber. Who are you to judge as being "stupid?" Sounds like to me you are pretty eager to criticize. Criticise this: STFU.
CDing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 8:40am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Calvinding. I'm 44 and I undertake it's never too late to be taught courtesy by such a smart guy as you are. You know what ? I think I'll follow your example and I'll switch to Tri-Carbon as well. You and me, we'll make a pair of "stfu" eventhow I have no idea what it means. Thks a mill for the tip.

Sorry Jcdi. I do not want to be your partner.
CDing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvinding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 8:41am
Originally posted by D4VOW D4VOW wrote:

if boll changes blades, i'm changing with him!!!

That's the most stupid comment I have heard. Who cares what equipment Boll uses. None of us are him and none of us can play like him. Buy equipment that suits you and stick to it.

I'll be the judge of how I spend my money and what equipment I'll use. TT is a hobby for me and I derive pleasure from trying different blades and rubber. Who are you to judge as being "stupid?" Sounds like to me you are pretty eager to criticize. Criticise this: STFU.[/QUOTE]
CDing
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 10:27am

Sorry Jcdi. I do not want to be your partner.

Actually, I wouldn't like it ether...I was just pulling your leg, you naughty boy !

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2006 at 9:10am
Timo beat the sh*t out of HouYingChao with his new blade 4-0 but struggled with his old blade.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2006 at 9:27am
guys... i'm serious about this. wlq uses primorac kthxbye
dkore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2006 at 12:19pm

Now I use Boll TriCarbon - ST
I think it's the fastest blade that I have played. It faster than Schlager Carbon and Sardius (compare with Bryce Hard).
But the butterfly logo and all alphabet on blade is not good enough. It's gone by Master Chack Glue -_-

My ST handle is 97g and Bryce Hard is 45g on Red and Black. Little heavy when compare with other blade that I have own -_-'

Boll TriCarbon - FL handle is alway lighter than ST handle 2g (95g) and Bryce is 42g with same size and Bryce FX is 40g

Xiom : Speed ++ FL
Xiom : Omega II Max Black
Xiom : Omega II Max Red
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5513/speedgy5.gif
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2006 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by dkore dkore wrote:

Now I use Boll TriCarbon - ST
I think it's the fastest blade that I have played. It faster than Schlager Carbon and Sardius (compare with Bryce Hard).
But the butterfly logo and all alphabet on blade is not good enough. It's gone by Master Chack Glue -_-

TriCarbon and Bryce Hard....holy smokes..do you glue your racket with Kryptonite aswell?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 12:12am
Where can I get it in a ST handel?  Also, what are the middle plies made of?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 12:19am
If Butterfly really wants to "Push the Envelope", they should use build a Tri- Carbon with the ULC of the $199 "Kreanga" blade. Latest technology combined with top speed. I may buy both for the heck of it.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 12:28am
3 layers of carbon and outer piles are Paduk wood,that's a VERY dense unforgiving wood.Your gonna need some wicked fast arm speed to play with that blade,might be good for a SP both sides player but it would be useless in my hands
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 12:41am
Yea but what are the middle two wood plies?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 1:04am

Originally posted by Carbon TT Carbon TT wrote:

Yea but what are the middle two wood plies?

there are 4 more layers of wood nine ply in all,I am taking a wild guess that it will be very stiff and fast could be great for very good blockers or SP players,it's very wide 157mm (2nd widest BTY blade) so maybe it's designed for blockers using their opponents speed against them

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 2:20am
It has a Balsa core according to butterfly.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
dkore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

TriCarbon and Bryce Hard....holy smokes..do you glue your racket with Kryptonite aswell?

I really like this set up because it's easy to win defensive player.

adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2006 at 10:27pm

dcore,

what ist he width and height of the tri-carbon ?

dkore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2006 at 1:36am
HT WDTH THCK
156 157 6.9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic