Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 2:30pm
Also there is a beautiful tb spirit in the for sale section for 120$
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 3:03pm
Well suit yourself.  I sort of get what he was saying  Just bear in mind that NL has not stated whether he had played with DTC (I have, own a couple) and he is not a huge fan of ALC blades (only thing I have used since 2007) and so he has probably not owned that many (I have owned far too many, a stupid number of them).  So when I suggest that from a purely playing point of view the Btfly blades are not necessarily better than the DTC, it means at least a little bit.  And I have some experience when I say that how good a blade of any model is thatt you get is a matter of luck when you are forced to buy them one at a time on line.

But you are right  It is best to hit with one before buying.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 3:16pm
In the meantime, a friend of mine I lent my OTC ST to has weighed the blade. With a sheet of Xiom O4E max on one side and a Vega Euro 2.0 on the other, the whole blade only weighs 168 gr, which means that the blade itself could be  below 80 gr. He is giving it back to me this week, I will weigh it just for the record.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 3:20pm
Wow.  Really light.  I probably would not like that.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Also there is a beautiful tb spirit in the for sale section for 120$

For anyone interested: I have a almost new Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon for sale for half the price of a Viscaria (a lot less than $120) Edit: just dropped price by another $10. 

Edited by slevin - 02/26/2017 at 3:55pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Well suit yourself.  I sort of get what he was saying  Just bear in mind that NL has not stated whether he had played with DTC (I have, own a couple) and he is not a huge fan of ALC blades (only thing I have used since 2007) and so he has probably not owned that many (I have owned far too many, a stupid number of them).  So when I suggest that from a purely playing point of view the Btfly blades are not necessarily better than the DTC, it means at least a little bit.  And I have some experience when I say that how good a blade of any model is thatt you get is a matter of luck when you are forced to buy them one at a time on line.

But you are right  It is best to hit with one before buying.

Baal can you please tell me with certainty if OTC is closer to a viscaria in terms of muted feeling and bounciness or TB ALC because if it is anything like a Viscaria (which someone already stated is true) then I might not be interested in OTC.

Also can you please reply to my previous query:

Btw are TB ALC blades good enough if I get one in 85-88 grams or will it be much slower than the blades in the 90g range? Keeping in mind that the average weight for TB ALC advertised on many websites is 85g.

Thanks

P.S

I haven't forgotten about your request to see a video of my gameplay, I will try to make one soon and share for some feedback from the awesome members like you, slevin, yogi and NL.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

In the meantime, a friend of mine I lent my OTC ST to has weighed the blade. With a sheet of Xiom O4E max on one side and a Vega Euro 2.0 on the other, the whole blade only weighs 168 gr, which means that the blade itself could be  below 80 gr. He is giving it back to me this week, I will weigh it just for the record.

Hans, whenever you get time can you please be a gem and post pictures of your naked blade? Especially need to see different angles of the flared handle and possibly alongside another flared handle blade to see the difference?

Much appreciated.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 5:10pm
@unstopable

slevin's pictures on his sale thread are pretty good.  Maybe not enough angles for you.

The two DTC I have feel more like most of my Viscarias than most of the TB-ALCs I have owned.  I think it has a very similar muted feel.  One thing about TB-ALC is they do something to the top wood ply, maybe UV light, that makes it a little harder and crisper than Viscaria (on average).  But, again, luck plays into it because there is overlap.  One of my practice partners has an incredibly soft TB-ALC.  I like it, you would not.  Not sure if this is helpful, but if you really don't like Viscaria, pass on this if it is money you might regret spending. 

Actually I should mention that the closest comparison I think is the new ZJK-ALC.  I would simply would not be able to tell the difference between my DTCs and the ZJK-ALCs I have with a blindfold (since by luck I have ZJALCs in ST that are the same weights as my two DTCs).

The last thing that you should take into account is that while I probably have more experience with DTC than a lot of people on this forum, it is only two blades.  I have a lot more Viscarias and TB-ALCs and even ZJK-ALCs than that.  Like I said, I have done some silly TT spending over the years.  That means I have a pretty good idea of the range of variation of the others, but not so much with DTC.

So I can't give you certainty.  This is the best answer I can give.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

@unstopable

slevin's pictures on his sale thread are pretty good.  Maybe not enough angles for you.

The two DTC I have feel more like most of my Viscarias than most of the TB-ALCs I have owned.  I think it has a very similar muted feel.  One thing about TB-ALC is they do something to the top wood ply, maybe UV light, that makes it a little harder and crisper than Viscaria (on average).  But, again, luck plays into it because there is overlap.  One of my practice partners has an incredibly soft TB-ALC.  I like it, you would not.  Not sure if this is helpful, but if you really don't like Viscaria, pass on this if it is money you might regret spending. 

Actually I should mention that the closest comparison I think is the new ZJK-ALC.  I would simply would not be able to tell the difference between my DTCs and the ZJK-ALCs I have with a blindfold (since by luck I have ZJALCs in ST that are the same weights as my two DTCs).

The last thing that you should take into account is that while I probably have more experience with DTC than a lot of people on this forum, it is only two blades.  I have a lot more Viscarias and TB-ALCs and even ZJK-ALCs than that.  Like I said, I have done some silly TT spending over the years.  That means I have a pretty good idea of the range of variation of the others, but not so much with DTC.

So I can't give you certainty.  This is the best answer I can give.

Yes the pictures posted by slevin are good enough and I'm liking the broad and long handle (I usually like donic handles, I've owned a few older blades and tried a few new ones in flared handles).

Thanks for your awesome post, I think I have all the information I need to make up a decision. I just need to try the TB ALC to finally decide.

Thanks for everybody's input.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 9:02pm
is the head size of true carbon same with zjk alc??
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 9:03pm
Yes
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 10:32pm
The only reason I don´t buy an OTC is the impossibility of getting AN handle...   Cry 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 12:36am
Contact DreiZ.  He had one witn AN handle.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 7:34am
Thanks baal.. Im pretty interested with true carbon i might get one soon.
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 8:35am
I am selling one in virtually brand new condition in the for sale section.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 6:42am
Nice pics jpenmaster!

We also had our equipment tester review this blade recently.

He warned that combining it with Tibhar’s Evolution MX-P, Nittaku’s Fastarc G-1 or Xiom’s Omega V Tour will yield a lighting fast setup that will require a very high skill level to master. 

He thinks it's probably better suited for European and Japanese rubbers than very hard Chinese rubbers.

Any comments on that?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 8:37pm
I like xiom vega pro on forehand and vega euro on back hand
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 2:43am
unfortunately most donic's blade suffer from blade splinters Cry
taw
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 12:16pm
I just ordered an OTC cpen. Let's see how it goes.

And you guys think this blade needs to be sealed or not?

Edited by wanchope - 01/18/2018 at 3:35pm
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 10:02pm

I always lightly seal a new blade no matter what.
It's like insurance.

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

how is the handle compared to stiga cpens?
toprevers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toprevers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 9:43am
Tried this blade last week : very good stuff, quite impressed.
Mine is 87gr, FL. Premium class finish, like Butterfly ALC blades, good balance (not head heavy), but the FL handle is definitely on the small side (wish I had ordered ST version). Nothing some grip tape can't fix but you have to cope with the "sticky" touch of the grip.
This blade is a little bit faster and stiffer, more "direct" and even crisper, than TBS/ Boll ALC but has less gears, probably due to thinner koto outer plies. I mean, when you let a ball bounce on the blade, the bounce is high, even without hitting the ball. When you start hitting the ball, the bounce is even higher. And the sound is very high pitched. Despite this, the blade is manageable in the short game (good skills required..., short pushes may be challenging) and very precise in the offensive game with good ALC like feeling (sharp but good dwell, no vibration). Sweetspot is nice. Combined with Tibhar Evolution rubbers, this is a beast and being 40% cheaper than Boll ALC, it is really a good alternative to pricey Bty ALC blades.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Unfortunately, I've never used a stiga blade. But the OTC cpen handle feels alright.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Unfortunately, I've never used a stiga blade. But the OTC cpen handle feels alright.

how would you rate the speed and feel?
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 1:22pm
I came from a barwell fleet and a nittaku s5. OTC is faster and harder than both for sure. A little harder to control short, but the it feels more direct when looping, with low curve. I'm stil trying to adjust to it now, but I think I prefer its speed and directness in attack.
I've never used vis or other ALC blades.

Edited by wanchope - 03/14/2018 at 1:22pm
buddyc234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyc234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 3:50am
I used OSP Expert for a couple years and wanted to try something with a little more speed so I actually ended up buying the Viscaria and OTC to see which I liked better.

The OTC is a touch faster than the Viscaria with a more linear curve when looping. I feel I have a good amount more dwell time and a lot more feel with the Viscaria but the rubber could have something to do with it. I use T05 for Viscaria and MXP on the OTC.

The OTC is a very well made blade (love the ST handle) with good speed and spin but lacks the same feel as the Viscaria. With that said, I still really like the OTC and will probably hold on to it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by buddyc234 buddyc234 wrote:

I used OSP Expert for a couple years and wanted to try something with a little more speed so I actually ended up buying the Viscaria and OTC to see which I liked better.

The OTC is a touch faster than the Viscaria with a more linear curve when looping. I feel I have a good amount more dwell time and a lot more feel with the Viscaria but the rubber could have something to do with it. I use T05 for Viscaria and MXP on the OTC.

The OTC is a very well made blade (love the ST handle) with good speed and spin but lacks the same feel as the Viscaria. With that said, I still really like the OTC and will probably hold on to it.

The rubber would have a great deal to do with it.
MartyC View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2019 at 4:45am
After first session with OTC I am satisfied.
Soft + crisp  feeling , for me despite speed range OFF it is allround offensive blade , quick but not too quick for my taste. Very good feeling with. Good match with Baracuda 2,0mm and Killer Pro 1,8mm. Wery well made blade , I own 2 pieces , 88 gram and 86 gram , both have fish scaled koto layer.
Very nice design , despite another color schema I see reminiscence of the japan pattern . Name is IMHO chosen with regard to pattern from BTY too.
OSP Expert CRWi FL, Donic Bluegrip S1 max , Spinlord Killer Ex. 1,8mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2019 at 5:30pm
I have a couple ST versions for sale cheap.  They are good blades. They are in my For Sale thread with photos.  PM me if interested.  

MartyC View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 8:44am
I had seen your blades , but i am preferring FL handle.Thanks for your proposal.
OSP Expert CRWi FL, Donic Bluegrip S1 max , Spinlord Killer Ex. 1,8mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic