Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A less spin sensitive alternative to Tenergy 05fx
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A less spin sensitive alternative to Tenergy 05fx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 2:38pm
just get any rubber, let it get old and it will gradually become less sensitive to spin.
the worst thing you can do is buy a new rubber if you want something not sensitive to spin.

as for creating spin, this depends mostly on your ability, not the rubber.

so start training.

Edited by lucifer - 08/16/2016 at 2:44pm
Sponsored Links

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 2:40pm
funnily enough I had an ice cream earlier
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 2:41pm
so what magnum do people recommend?

I am currently favouring mint
although I prefer classic for my backhand
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 2:44pm
just get any rubber, let it get old and it will gradually become less sensitive to spin.
the worst thing you can do is buy a new rubber if you want something not sensitive to spin.

so start training and stop clicking the "add to cart" button.

Edited by lucifer - 08/16/2016 at 2:46pm
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 3:10pm
you need to change your perception. Spin is your friend, not your enemy. Spiny shots are easier to return because they must be slow. People who say you can make a fast AND spiny shot - well take that same shot and hit through the ball, instead of around it, and it will get its full potential speed. Spiny serves are also in a way easier to return, if you guess the spin right. 
Even in blocking, it is easier to punch block a spiny loop that to block a no-spin hit from short pips. 
Trying to avoid spin through strategy or rubber is a mistake. You should work to control it and take advantage of it.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

rocketman222: how do you find the O5E? Similar to Rasant Grip?

I love the topsheet of O5E. Wish its sponge was another 1.5 degrees harder though.

Hey Slevin, 

I like the topsheet of O5E much more than RG, and you are right, it'd be more controllable if it was a tad bit harder, and I like the throw angle a little better as its higher than RG. 

Also when you step away from the table the O5E's catapult comes in handy, whereas RG wasn't much useful when you step back a little.

I m just hoping that O5E is as durable as RG or more.

I was going to ask you about the EL-S, whats your take on it? I think i saw you put it for sale?

Edited by rocketman222 - 08/16/2016 at 4:11pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I was going to ask you about the EL-S, whats your take on it? I think i saw you put it for sale?

I like OVE more than RG as well.

I like EL-S more than OVE, though.

OVE is a bit like RG in that you loop with racket head tangential to ball direction. Otherwise, you won't get much spin.

EL-S is better in that, while you can do the same, you can also (& probably should) loop more like how you would loop with T05 - with racket head more perpendicular to ball direction than tangential. It is in this way, EL-S is more like T05 than any other recent rubber. The throw and arc are more similar to T05 as well.

EL-S is basically a slightly softer T05 (though the sponge feels a shade harder than that of OVE).  I love the topsheet of OVE, though!

Strokes with EL-S have slightly more spin than those T05 on slow strokes and perhaps slightly less on full-blooded strokes. Overall, EL-S strokes have more spin than those with RG and OVE.

Hope that helps.
PM me if you want a pair of sheets to try out.

Edited by slevin - 08/16/2016 at 4:53pm
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

you need to change your perception. Spin is your friend, not your enemy. Spiny shots are easier to return because they must be slow. People who say you can make a fast AND spiny shot - well take that same shot and hit through the ball, instead of around it, and it will get its full potential speed. Spiny serves are also in a way easier to return, if you guess the spin right. 
Even in blocking, it is easier to punch block a spiny loop that to block a no-spin hit from short pips. 
Trying to avoid spin through strategy or rubber is a mistake. You should work to control it and take advantage of it.

This is the sort of reply I like - Fighting Talk, Inspirational!!
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2016 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

This is the sort of reply I like - Fighting Talk, Inspirational!!
Yes, but it all starts with the unfortunate fact that lots of people actually can play fast and spinney shots. Probably this is why we sometimes want to resort to "less spinney rubbers". I ended up with long pips that way, and I like it. However, I like it because now it is more like chess...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 8:47pm
Does anyone think andro duro might work?
still a tensor but not as catapulty and lower throw than tenergy 05fx
for BH
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 11:31am

Yasaka Extend Series comes to mind. Excellent against incoming spin yet produced very good spin, fast enough (unless your a pro), and has excellent control factor. Also check out the Xiom Vega Series. If these are to mild for you then listen to yogi.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 1:11pm
Most of the xiom rubbers are not as spin sensitive as other brands. Like many here suggested, you should definitely try out the vega series. Vega pro if you want a firm feel ( a bit) softer than t05 and a bit harder than t05fx) or vega euro 'df'.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2016 at 3:27pm
h3n on the bh
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by lucifer lucifer wrote:

so start training and stop clicking the "add to cart" button.

<span style="font-size:10px">
</span>

Looking for rubbers non chinese for developing 10 yo players. Any ideas?
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 3:48am
Nittaku Moristo DF my default BH rubber. For ease in returning spinny serves, push, flick, chop and block, excels in all these strokes and for allround play near the table. Also easy in opening loops from the BH, real spinny with great control. 
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 4:46am
From all the rubbers I have tried(many,many) and still trying , Barracuda BS stands out by it's control and spin sensitivity. Similar to T05fx with lower arc.Perfect for BH...
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic