Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

One sided Cpen Blade choices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 4:02am
Funny thing happened today. I've been playing with YEO cpen (163×149mm headsize) for a month now, before this I was playing with JRE cpen (small headsize 154×153mm) for about 6 months. I tried my JRE again today for a change and I found that my strokes were much better with less errors compared to my other setup on YEO. Before today, something always felt off about YEO, I just couldn't seem to understand what. But today I've realized that I was not hitting the ball accurately from the middle of the blade (YEO) but more closer to the handle resulting in low power/errors in strokes. This may be something habitual to me as I've been playing with cpen of smaller headsize. Anyway, it is clear to me that playing is only a matter of training, and has very little (if anything at all) to do with a blade's headsize. Bigger headsize doesn't mean a better blade. If I stick with YEO then I'll learn to play better with it as well, if I need to play with it.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Sponsored Links

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 6:08am
Yes Ron. I remembered you using the JRE.
From the YouTube advertisement, the JRE looks like a well balanced(in weight) blade.
How is it compared to the YEO? Faster? From mid to far distance especially.

The purpose of thick hinokis(10mm) one ply Jpens. Is to have increased power.
Wonder if there are Cpen blades that might be thinner but offer the same power? Due to composites etc...
I think a big part of playing one sided Cpen is the ability to passive block and power block. (for me at least)
Somehow I block better with Cpens. Maybe I need more training with Jpens.

I can manage 157mm. But 153mm for TSP 7.0 is.... Quite disappointing! If I really can't find an alternative, looks like Jpen is the only way to go!

Edited by Chewy - 08/21/2016 at 6:09am
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 6:17am
Butterfly Taksim on the US website looks ok too. But the price is...😑
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 6:24am
JRE is faster than YEO, more solid, more dwell, blocks better and gives good feedback despite carbon layers. Works well from mid/far distance. Short game is not good. YEO is better for short game, however, RPB flicks and banana flicks are good with JRE.

Septer is a good all hinoki blade. Will do good with MX-P/Tenergies, especially mid/far distance
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 1:32pm
Ceptear is a very good blade. Jian Fang Lay has been using it for years. Much better than Clipper or any of the Yasaka cpens.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 10:59pm
I would choose Chinese Tamca ULC
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2016 at 7:48am
I think the Black Balsa 7.0 round size is good, easy for RPB too.  The head is not too small.
Here is a video showing one of our new club member bought his first ITTF legal paddle ,Black Balsa 7.0 offensive,  after trying the same paddle at the club.
Got some nice smash/loop sound coming from the paddle (at 10:33) by "Black shirt" player.

Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by rosecitytt rosecitytt wrote:

I think the Black Balsa 7.0 round size is good, easy for RPB too.  The head is not too small.
Here is a video showing one of our new club member bought his first ITTF legal paddle ,Black Balsa 7.0 offensive,  after trying the same paddle at the club.
Got some nice smash/loop sound coming from the paddle (at 10:33) by "Black shirt" player.

Hey Rose City, how would you rate the looping performance of the Black Balsa 7.0 from mid-range distance, maybe 5 feet away from the table? 
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2016 at 2:22pm
For the 3 months I have been using the BB7.0, it is really good for attacking near table.
I uses Killerspin Nitrix 4Z on FH (I usually used cheap Chinese rubber, but accidentally spent too much and bought this off Amazon for $27), there is a clear difference of the mechanic of this rubber. I mainly uses penhold FH, so this is the main rubber I use on BB7.0.  The block and quick attacking capability is good, it is light and fast, I can clearly feel the design intent of this Paddle, with vertical Balsa in the middle acting as many tiny springs. This is clearly good for Smashing and Fast counter.

I will have to agree with someone on this thread, it might not be good for far away table looping, because the racket not "flexing", or maybe my capability is not there, and I have not tried other rubber with BB7.0 yet.

Edited by rosecitytt - 09/16/2016 at 7:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic