Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New viscaria design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New viscaria design
    Posted: 08/20/2016 at 3:16pm
Hello guys, I would like the experts' knowledge about the authenticity of viscaria. I am about to buy a new viscaria to have a 3rd in my collection because nowadays viscarias have new design at the back handle cup with the hologram and also they have the new silver logo at the bottom. So, as I was telling you, I am about to buy a new one and I noticed something REALLY weird. At the little text on the "head" of the blade, we all know that the word "performance" is incorect at the authentic viscarias, but the new that I am about to buy, it has the word "performance" RIGHT and not wrong. Is it possible the new viscarias having the mistake corrected?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 3:22pm
Yes, the latest Viscarias have had the spelling mistake corrected.  BTY must have thought that the world needed even more interesting things about the Viscaria to confuse everyone.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 3:28pm
Friend Andy, are you 100% sure about that? I am sorry for asking you again, but I am going to buy for other 3 guys viscaria except mine, so you understand... I am in very difficult situation here, and I need someone to light me up!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 3:39pm
I am 99.99999% sure.  Here is a recent picture on the official USA Butterfly shop:

The spelling correction should only be on blades with the hologram in the handle, as far as I'm aware.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 4:14pm
Thank you a lot friend Andy...what a relief!!!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 6:34pm
No problem at all.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2016 at 6:54pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 1:19am
You are right too Ray, I've never noticed it. Thank you for mentioning!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 8:38am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I am 99.99999% sure.  Here is a recent picture on the official USA Butterfly shop:

The spelling correction should only be on blades with the hologram in the handle, as far as I'm aware.

Yes. It took them more than two decades to correct it.

By the way, I think k this latest series is very good.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 9:23am
Thanks a lot Baal for your info too. But i didnt understand something from your post...the letter "k" that you wrote, what means?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 4:47pm
Ha.  Sorry.  It means I posted using a cell phone instead of a real keyboard, and about 6 in the morning.  In other word, no meaning to the k.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 1:18am

So on the Butterfly website, it says balsa core. Is this for the new version only ?
Previous versions were kiri core.
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Ha.  Sorry.  It means I posted using a cell phone instead of a real keyboard, and about 6 in the morning.  In other word, no meaning to the k.

Oh ok Baal, sorry, didnt know it was a mistake Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

So on the Butterfly website, it says balsa core. Is this for the new version only ?
Previous versions were kiri core.

No, it's still kiri.  This is another long-standing mistake from the depths of time which needs to be done away with.

Important to note that the link I gave is to the official BTY vendor in the USA, not Butterfly themselves, so it isn't infallible.  They've had that comment about balsa on there for many years.
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2016 at 10:44am
You guys may refer to my latest post on For Sale section.

I have the Latest Viscaria FL with the Spelling correction, 'Performance'.

Wink
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2016 at 7:14am
Thank you proSpin for the information Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic