Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New BTY 2016 Items.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New BTY 2016 Items.
    Posted: 09/15/2016 at 11:54pm
http://www.butterfly.co.jp/product/2016aw/

Innerforce ALC.S ??????? what ??? Super ALC ???
Innerforce ZLF another rebranded LWS

New short pips.

New lezoline shoes.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 12:11am
The S in the ALC.S stands for Spin. For spin, pair with T05. For balance, pair with T64.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 5:22am
The IFL-ALC.S looks to be thinner than the IFL-ALC.  5.5mm instead of 6.0mm.

The IFL-ZLF is only 5.3mm as well.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 8:45am
shoes is awesome!!
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 11:03am
New rubber sheet! Impartial xs
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 12:55pm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 1:10pm
@Bloomingdale guy....your EJ bugs just hit you hard?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 1:36pm

From the charts above, the Innerforce Layer ZLF is pretty much the slowest with most vibrations among all blades, save the Innershield Layer ZLF and Hadraw Shield.

Edited by zeio - 09/16/2016 at 1:36pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

http://www.butterfly.co.jp/product/2016aw/

Innerforce ALC.S ??????? what ??? Super ALC ???
Innerforce ZLF another rebranded LWS

New short pips.

New lezoline shoes.

Hope someone can translate Bout the new pips. Zeio?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 3:20pm
Ej bug is always a battle.......
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Ej bug is always a battle.......
yep...esp. that Jpen....Wink
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

For this round of release, Butterfly has chosen to put an emphasis on Spin and Balance.

Same as the two new blades, the two Impartial rubbers focus on those two elements. I take that the S in XS is for Spin and B in XB is for Balance.

For the Impartial XS, the description goes like "This is the golden era of the shakehand double-inverted style. The era in which using pips to smash, drive, and over-the-table play cannot win you the match. Now introducing...the pips rubber with exceptional spin. Here! With this new weapon and the pride of penhold pips, go for the victory!"

For the Impartial XB, the description is mostly about balance between attack and defense. The feeling of ease and stability as it is not as affected by backspin pushes when driving. Akira Fukuzawa(the promotional dude, he is an actor/host/celeb who plays table tennis) prefers the XB and urges you to check out his winners in the promotional video.

BTW, the pips of XB are lined up vertically and those of XS are lined up horizontally.

Edited by zeio - 09/16/2016 at 4:51pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 4:38pm
Would love to try the XS on my FH and XB on my BH, I think the difference will be similar to the Victas 102 (more spin) and 101 (more knuckle effect) that I currently using.  But of course, they will probably be pricier than the Flarestorm II which is too much I think.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Would love to try the XS on my FH and XB on my BH, I think the difference will be similar to the Victas 102 (more spin) and 101 (more knuckle effect) that I currently using.  But of course, they will probably be pricier than the Flarestorm II which is too much I think.

I'd almost bet even XB is more spinny than your 102. 101 is basically a medium pip and 102 isn't particularly spinny relative to what's available.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 2:13am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

For this round of release, Butterfly has chosen to put an emphasis on Spin and Balance.

Same as the two new blades, the two Impartial rubbers focus on those two elements. I take that the S in XS is for Spin and B in XB is for Balance.

For the Impartial XS, the description goes like "This is the golden era of the shakehand double-inverted style. The era in which using pips to smash, drive, and over-the-table play cannot win you the match. Now introducing...the pips rubber with exceptional spin. Here! With this new weapon and the pride of penhold pips, go for the victory!"

For the Impartial XB, the description is mostly about balance between attack and defense. The feeling of ease and stability as it is not as affected by backspin pushes when driving. Akira Fukuzawa(the promotional dude, he is an actor/host/celeb who plays table tennis) prefers the XB and urges you to check out his winners in the promotional video.

BTW, the pips of XB are lined up vertically and those of XS are lined up horizontally.

Looking at the shape of xs pips will have no deception
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 2:29am
Yes, the design goal of XS is purely offensive with tons of spin comparable to inverted rubber.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 2:49am
Can someone explain to me what's the use of using a pips that's so similar to inverted? Coming from inverted all my life to using pips this past year, I feel that if I want and like to play a spin game, no pips is as good as an inverted, if that's what I want, I would just stick with inverted. With so many pips that are so similar to inverted, there must be people who prefer this and I am very curious.
Stiga Optimum Sync
Lefty
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 2:53am
Speed. It is like the TSP Spinpips. I once used the one that eventually got banned. It had the speed of pips plus the spin of inverted. Best of both worlds. Plus it was lighter so less burden on the wrist. Spinpips was really effective in the 38mm era.

Edited by zeio - 09/17/2016 at 2:54am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 1:46am

Speed. It is like the TSP Spinpips. I once used the one that eventually got banned. It had the speed of pips plus the spin of inverted. Best of both worlds. Plus it was lighter so less burden on the wrist. Spinpips was really effective in the 38mm era.

I've read a few times that spinpips was banned, but why was it?  Thanks.
Stiga Optimum Sync
Lefty
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 2:28am
From my understanding, the official cause of that ban was a change in the aspect ratio governing non-inverted rubbers. Long pips were said to be the primary target. Spinpips was sort of caught in the crossfire.

There are multiple conspiracy theories, though. The most prominent one among them was because of LGL.

Edited by zeio - 09/25/2016 at 2:30am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 11:42pm
They ban VOC booster and glue, still inverted player use non VOC booster.
OP Frictionless pip got ban forever........ 
frictionless pip is rarely seen on world level, they ban it................

slower, larger and pricey ball leads to booster and new expensive rubbers
what is the point of all this

jinx to capitalism..............

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

They ban VOC booster and glue, still inverted player use non VOC booster.
OP Frictionless pip got ban forever........ 
frictionless pip is rarely seen on world level, they ban it................

slower, larger and pricey ball leads to booster and new expensive rubbers
what is the point of all this

jinx to capitalism..............

nothing personnel, just business
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 5:04am
Interesting video about the IF Layer ZLF and ALC.S.  The medial on both of these looks to be spruce, or some pine-type ply anyway.

Edited by AndySmith - 10/21/2016 at 5:05am
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 8:44am
They may try to use spruce to taken over Hinoki wood as it becomes rare and expensive
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

They may try to use spruce to taken over Hinoki wood as it becomes rare and expensive

My point was that these new ones are both a bit different to the other innerforce blades because the limba medial has been switched out for spruce - no hinoki involved.  Butterfly don't usually change the composition like that within a range, so it's a bit surprising.
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 9:35am
A matter of greed for profits
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 2:01pm
AndySmith: that is interesting indeed. Good catch.

Yes, that cross-section of the new IF-ZLF certainly looks different from the old ones. Spruce shall probably make it a bit bouncier and linear and a wee bit less flexy. Still shall be a good looping blade.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

My point was that these new ones are both a bit different to the other innerforce blades because the limba medial has been switched out for spruce - no hinoki involved.  Butterfly don't usually change the composition like that within a range, so it's a bit surprising.

That's a natural thing to do since these two are thinner by a wide margin. The old Innerforce series and the Innerforce layer series are technically super-charged Korbel(and many more other classics) construction-wise. The existing models offer too much flex already, substituting the limba layer with spruce turns it into the Stiga classic structure, so to speak.

Edited by zeio - 10/21/2016 at 5:41pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 6:40pm

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

That's a natural thing to do since these two are thinner by a wide margin. The old Innerforce series and the Innerforce layer series are technically super-charged Korbel(and many more other classics) construction-wise. The existing models offer too much flex already, substituting the limba layer with spruce turns it into the Stiga classic structure, so to speak.

I'd totally dig butterfly limba spruce ayous 5ply all wood. I know eternity exists but i guess deep down I'm a butterfly fanboy
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 12:41am

I'm hoping that we will see more pros using short pips in the future now that Butterfly and TSP appear to be investing a lot in pips for the new era. XS and XB will be joining Spectol Red and Blue and SpinPips Red and Blue. I don't have much interest in paying $50 for a sheet of pips though.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic