FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane Neo 3 Commercial Tackiness Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane Neo 3 Commercial Tackiness Video
    Posted: 10/14/2016 at 1:10am
Man, I've used a few sheets of this so far, and every day the tackiness is different, but today it was just super tacky. Have a look. Basically it was sticking to the rubber on the bounce up, without me having to apply any pressure on the ball.

For others using this rubber, is this normal? Have I just had some really bad rubbers so far, and got lucky with this? Or is this abnormal?

Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 1:46am
Looks pretty good. The stickiness will wear off after a bit of use so don't worry about it.

And you will come to love commercial as every sheet is a new adventure.

Edited by zeio - 10/14/2016 at 1:53am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 1:54am
Yeah, the interesting part is, the first 3 or 4 sessions I played with it, it hardly had any tackiness. Then suddenly, bam!

With my previous sheets, usually the first few minutes is like this, then the tackiness mostly disappears.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 2:07am
N3 neo commercial is like a box of chocolates. You never know what youre gonna get
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 2:23am
Tackines depend on humidity and temperature. ;) 
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 5:00am
That's true. It was about 17 degrees at that time, and relatively low humidity (I didn't check what it was though).

Today it wasn't so tacky. Just like how they usually are. Too bad I didn't get to play yesterday. I was just doing serve practice (no partner).
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 8:16am
That's some crazy tackiness. I've played with GeoSpin Tacky before and even that wasn't as tacky as what is shown in the video. 
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 9:27am
That's pretty tacky.

Problem is that I want my tacky rubbers to stay that way. :)

I thought I had found my perfect tacky rubber in Gambler Wrath. It held a ball for about 2 minutes when brand new. But once you clean it, so much of that tack is gone.

While I don't like DHS rubbers because they've all bubbled on me, I do find that they seem to maintain their tackyness longer than others. IDK.

But for me, usually with a weeks worth of playing and practicing, I find those type of rubbers can only pick up the ball maybe a fraction of a second then. In short, I find their tacky drop off pretty quick.

Thinking about going to just grippy where the decline I'm assuming won't be as great.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Looks pretty good. The stickiness will wear off after a bit of use so don't worry about it.

And you will come to love commercial as every sheet is a new adventure.

+100. I fully agree. I still have one sheet that is just wonderful after 2 years, not dead at all, very tacky and not too hard sponge. I think DHS guys mispacked a good Provincial. In fact, it had a small fingerprint on the surface, maybe that was the reason? This sheet deserves a (technique-wiseWink) better owner than I, but it is not going anywhere.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic