Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

999t review -Awesome $5 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2017 at 12:14pm
ok , so I boosted the heck out of hurricane 3 and can report some differences.

Im going to use hurricane 3 and super 999t on the same blade to do a better comparison. super 999t is $5 and hurricane 3 was $11, so not a big difference in price.

unboosted I have to say super 999t is better. they are both dead slow but the sponge on the super 999t has a better feel.

boosted they are very different. super 999t barely picks up speed, where hurricane 3 picks up a noticeable amount of speed and spin (but is still slow and non spinny compared to any European style rubber.

both place a great emphasis on correct stroke particulary on the forehad and are great for training, and both have a great short game and dead block

Edited by el luchador - 03/09/2017 at 12:17pm
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by WingTT WingTT wrote:

I'm using the Sword Blue Feather composite blade that is supposed to be a BTY ALC blade workalike. To clarify what I mean with I can't use it on my backhand, it is almost impossible to do close to the table wristy backhand loops/flip of underspin returns as there is just not enough pop from the sponge. Even with a worn Evolution MXP, my backhand opening loops against underspin is a weapon, with the 999 it's an absolute dud.

if you are looking for a cheap spinny loopy back hand rubber,
try Sanwei t88-ii.

I bought it from my coach who is a 1900 player and won and under 1900 tournament and $150 with it. so he upgraded his racket and blade and I bought his old stuff. it plays like a 3 month old tenergy 05. and it costs $10 bucks
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2017 at 7:48am
which has the more tackiness the red rubber or the black ?or both have the same tackiness?
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

which has the more tackiness the red rubber or the black ?or both have the same tackiness?

I will answer that on Tuesday. Ill put a red sheet on the backhand.

I played with the black sheet last night. I overboosted it a few days ago and then glued it on so it would say in a stretched condition for a day or two. Then I peeled it off, added one layer of boost only and glued it back on.

(Party!!!). I have used a lot of tacky Chinese rubbers. Boosted H3 may be the best. It has amazing feel. I was blocking for a 1900 player like it was nothing,and it lifts under spin almost effortlessly
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2017 at 9:08pm
can anyone explain this term " zero catapult " for me please?
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2017 at 9:28pm

Think of a very springy rubber... and then think of a complete opposite - that is it!
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 9:05am

black is a little bit tackier than red.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 9:18am

zero catapult would be like playing with a wood blade.

maximum catapult is a rubber where it feels like the tt ball is bouncing on a trampoline.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 9:34am
from what i see on my blade i conclude the following facts:

1- 999t has more obvious control than h8 and h3n
2-999t is a bit faster than h8 due to its softer sponge
3-999t is bouncy on my blade and this is due to the blade not the rubber itself my blade is very very bouncy and if u misread the incoming spin or misjudge your angle stroke u will be punished but still 999t less bouncy than h8 on my blade

4-its tack is a bit higher than h8 and its spin is a bit higher

5- the red rubber is softer than the black rubber

6- the weight of my blade while having 2 h8 was 215 gram now it is 195 gram so 999t is lighter than h8

that's my observation till now it is the 2nd day of practicing with it

MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 8:35am

from what i see on my blade i conclude the following facts:

1- 999t has more obvious control than h8 and h3n
2-999t is a bit faster than h8 due to its softer sponge
3-999t is bouncy on my blade and this is due to the blade not the rubber itself my blade is very very bouncy and if u misread the incoming spin or misjudge your angle stroke u will be punished but still 999t less bouncy than h8 on my blade

4-its tack is a bit higher than h8 and its spin is a bit higher

5- the red rubber is softer than the black rubber

6- the weight of my blade while having 2 h8 was 215 gram now it is 195 gram so 999t is lighter than h8

that's my observation till now it is the 2nd day of practicing with it

very acute and accurate observations. I dont know what I was thinking when i thought h3 was better.
I played h3 back and fore on monday night, peeled both off and played super 999t backhand and forehand tuesday night( last night) so i could have a true back to back comparison.

I was lost but now Im found. boosted, super 999t is softer and has better feel, way more spin than h3, especially the red sheet, a little bit more lively than h3.
the only place where h3 wins is it blocks better. 

I found two important things that made me appreciate this rubber better(super 999t)

1. the red side is simply phenomenal. I had been using the black side for my forehand and that was a mistake. the red side is tackier, and the rubber swells more when boosted, and it is livelier. its almost sad that the black side doesnt play as well. on the forehand the red side is a beast.

2. this is a very low throw rubber. you have to think "aim high"  when lifting under spin or attacking.

3. this is a very low throw rubber. that bears repeating

4. finally, I found that this rubber plays best closer to the table.

so, for close to the table play, super 999t, especially the red side, is a beast. and it only cost $5.

my buddy and i switched rackets, and he has andro rasant on his forehand. way more expensive than super 999t. it was unboosted. boosted 999t has more spin than unboosted andro rasant

Edited by el luchador - 03/15/2017 at 8:37am
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 12:50pm
on my blade which i think is medium to med-high throw angle the 999t is not a low throw rubber at all except when lifting underspin and to overcome that u must brush looping the ball with the blade angle upwards otherwise into the net
other than lifting underspin it isnot  low throw rubber at all (on my blade)

away from the table it perform absolutely wonderful (and this is due to my blade also which have a huge power away from the table )
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 1:00pm
how does this rubber play unboosted? 
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 10:10am

on my blade which i think is medium to med-high throw angle the 999t is not a low throw rubber at all except when lifting underspin and to overcome that u must brush looping the ball with the blade angle upwards otherwise into the net
other than lifting underspin it isnot  low throw rubber at all (on my blade)

away from the table it perform absolutely wonderful (and this is due to my blade also which have a huge power away from the table )

what blade do you play with. I may have to try it if its not very expensive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by coffeeholic coffeeholic wrote:

how does this rubber play unboosted? 

hi, it plays like most other tacky chinese rubbers unboosted.

ie, dead and very very low spin but a very high amount of control
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 6:04pm
my blade is mizutani super zlc and it is very expensive (375 usd new and around 250-270 usd for used  i think)

Edited by manraid - 03/16/2017 at 6:39pm
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 11:45pm
ouch!

well i put the rubber sheets on a timo boll spirit and it did improve the throw. 
dmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 12:58am
I just got mine and put it on an old pre-assembled double fish blade I got a while back. Other than this paddle I have a Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Mark V on both sides. It was really fun to experiment with something different. I might start to experiment with some more Chinese rubbers. I like the lack of trampoline effect. It just seems to have a much more rational direct cause and effect when hitting the ball. This is coming from a relative noob, so take it for what it is worth. Still a long way to go on my TT journey. :)
Thanks!
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 8:07am
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

ouch!

well i put the rubber sheets on a timo boll spirit and it did improve the throw. 

if you want my advise try there rubbers on yinhe -mercury y-13 blade this blade with chinese rubbers have a great harmony i tried 999t on this blade and it was waoooo

and btw it isn't an expensive blade it costs around 13 usd only

Edited by manraid - 03/17/2017 at 9:09am
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by dmoney dmoney wrote:

I just got mine and put it on an old pre-assembled double fish blade I got a while back. Other than this paddle I have a Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Mark V on both sides. It was really fun to experiment with something different. I might start to experiment with some more Chinese rubbers. I like the lack of trampoline effect. It just seems to have a much more rational direct cause and effect when hitting the ball. This is coming from a relative noob, so take it for what it is worth. Still a long way to go on my TT journey. :)

welcome!!!!

experiment away.one thing I like about chinese rubbers is they are cheap. 

there is a huge thread on ooakforums about the cheap chinese rubbers that you might look into.
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 7:32am
The best value you can get in table tennis rubber. Tons of Spin, many gears, easy blocks and all that for 5-6$. on a faster all wood or carbon blade it has absolutely sufficient speed for mercyless attack. If you like Spin and Control without any trampoline effect in the sponge, try that Rubber! But Careful,I don´t talk about GLOBE 999T.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Audrey17 Audrey17 wrote:

The best value you can get in table tennis rubber. Tons of Spin, many gears, easy blocks and all that for 5-6$. on a faster all wood or carbon blade it has absolutely sufficient speed for mercyless attack. If you like Spin and Control without any trampoline effect in the sponge, try that Rubber! But Careful,I don´t talk about GLOBE 999T.

This is lifted verbatim from tabletennisdb review here:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/999-super-999t.html

Audrey17 reminds me of recent 'Susanne' chatbot from TTD forum... 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

The best value you can get in table tennis rubber. Tons of Spin, many
gears, easy blocks and all that for 5-6$. on a faster all wood or carbon
blade it has absolutely sufficient speed for mercyless attack.
If you like Spin and Control without any trampoline effect in the
sponge, try that
Rubber!
But Careful,I don´t talk about GLOBE 999T.

This is lifted verbatim from tabletennisdb review here:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/999-super-999t.html

Audrey17 reminds me of recent 'Susanne' chatbot from TTD forum... 

good catch. I wonder why they would do that.

funny enough is at a tournament this weekend I got to play a guy who had globe 999t on his blade. the tackiness was the same and the sponge had the same color. so I wouldn't be surprised if globe 999t and super 999t are the same thing. I'll have to order some globe 999t to compare.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 11:01am

Shocked, does it mean it plays like shxt on an all- blade? 
I just bought some and wanted to put on my def blade, may be I should get Xushaofa 999 LSZ instead.Dead
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

good catch. I wonder why they would do that.

funny enough is at a tournament this weekend I got to play a guy who had globe 999t on his blade. the tackiness was the same and the sponge had the same color. so I wouldn't be surprised if globe 999t and super 999t are the same thing. I'll have to order some globe 999t to compare.
I think 999 is an oem company; there is "XuShaoFa 999" too LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Shocked, does it mean it plays like shxt on an all- blade? 
I just bought some and wanted to put on my def blade, may be I should get Xushaofa 999 LSZ instead.Dead

it plays great on an all- blade. the first blade I put mine on was my grubba pro all-

man it had a ton of control especially because it was still super tacky.

only thing is when it comes time to attack, just know that you have to swing hard. REALLY HARD
dmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2017 at 4:50pm
This what I love about this rubber!
Thanks!
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 10:33pm
Finally, I glued the rubber (put one very thin layer of booster on sponge, just in case) to my all+ blade, and had a hitting session with my hitting partner.

The rubber has enough speed and spin, not as much as H3 or TG3 though. However, men, I believe all of us shall have this rubber on one of our used blades, and we use it to have a 5 mins fh / bh warm up before training, tournament ... etc. Unlike tensor rubbers, this rubber will force you to have correct strokes and techniques. If your stroke is no good, the ball will hit under the net. No kidding LOL
CyberInferno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2017 at 11:36pm
I'm really enjoying this rubber. Finally generating the spin I want. Thanks for the recommendation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Finally, I glued the rubber (put one very thin layer of booster on sponge, just in case) to my all+ blade, and had a hitting session with my hitting partner.

The rubber has enough speed and spin, not as much as H3 or TG3 though. However, men, I believe all of us shall have this rubber on one of our used blades, and we use it to have a 5 mins fh / bh warm up before training, tournament ... etc. Unlike tensor rubbers, this rubber will force you to have correct strokes and techniques. If your stroke is no good, the ball will hit under the net. No kidding LOL

lol. my thoughts exactly. even if not using this for tournament play its is definitely a great training rubber because correct form must be used.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by CyberInferno CyberInferno wrote:

I'm really enjoying this rubber. Finally generating the spin I want. Thanks for the recommendation.

youre welcome buddy. Im just happy seeing people try the $5 rubber and not automatically dismissing it for being too cheap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic