Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Neo question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hungry cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungry cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Neo question
    Posted: 12/08/2016 at 11:05am
I was able to play a bit with H3 neo and it seems to be a perfect match for what I am looking for.  Very linear, not to slow, not to fast, great spin. 

The sheet I was playing with was only a week or so old.  My question is the H3 neo just a factory boosted sheet of standard H3 that will die off in a few weeks and become dead?  Or is it a bit more lively sponge than the standard H3 that will play the same throughout the life of the rubber?
70s Stiga Stellan Bengtsson

FH - Mark V 2.0

BH - Donic Bluefire JP 03 2.0
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 11:22am
The Neo is NOT boosted but it is a different sponge made to be used with booster whereas the regular H3 was made to be used with speed glue.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
hungry cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungry cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 11:34am
I don't know that I would want it boosted as besides the legality and pain of it I wouldn't want a speed increase as I don't like super fast rubbers.  Mark V 2.0 is what I have currently as my forehand rubber.  So a sheet of H3 Neo won't lose its characteristics in a few weeks like some factory boosted rubbers do?
70s Stiga Stellan Bengtsson

FH - Mark V 2.0

BH - Donic Bluefire JP 03 2.0
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by hungry cow hungry cow wrote:

So a sheet of H3 Neo won't lose its characteristics in a few weeks like some factory boosted rubbers do?

No it won't! If you don't want to mess around with booster and you want more of a classic feel then it should work for you.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
hammondpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammondpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 1:37pm
I agree neo 3 gets better over a few weeks. Straight out the packet will feel bit dead. Quite normal.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by hammondpro hammondpro wrote:

I agree neo 3 gets better over a few weeks. Straight out the packet will feel bit dead. Quite normal.

+1. gets way better after breaking in. commercial ver relies more on tackiness vs topsheet elasticity for spin but in general, it's not a win-or-lose difference. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 7:51pm
You should boost it though, haha. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic