Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best Nittaku Blade for control?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Nittaku Blade for control?
    Posted: 12/08/2016 at 5:47pm
I'm not a pro player but as an ex-varsity TT player turned hobbyist I've found enjoyment on buying good equipment.  

I'd like some advice on Nittaku blades. I'm looking for a blade that is "somewhat-offensive" just a bit above all-round. But have tons of control. Are there any carbon blades of nittaku that has lots of control? 

I'm not really looking for blades with a lot of power because my shots tend to go out a lot with powerful blades. But I'd like some hardness to the blade and I miss that loud "crack" sound of the ball hitting a carbon blade.

Any suggestions on nittaku?
Sponsored Links

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 6:07pm
From my experience, All Nittaku blades are great quality even some are made in China. But a thing that I will warn you is the Nittaku handle is so small. I used to play Latika when started playing table tennis and it was versatile blade.
However if you please tell more information (Current blade, rubbers), I think everyone here can give you better suggestion for what you are looking for.

Cheers.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 6:47pm
I'm using Donic Desto F3 on the forehand and XIOM Elite on the backhand. I'll probably switch to both desto F3 for forehand and backhand in the future or try one of the new rubbers from donic. 

I like the non tacky softer rubbers that "catch" the ball when you loop to produce spin instead of using the grip of the rubber. I guess they call it dwell time. 

I'm currently using Stiga Emerald VPS V. But previously I used Stiga Offensive Classic carbon. I miss the loud "crack" sound of the Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon and I'm a bit "meh" on the Emerald VPS V.

I guess I would say the Emerald VPS V has a lot of power for an all wood blade that my shots go too long and outside the table. The speed I like and the ball feel too so that makes it weird for me. 

I'm thinking Barwell Fleet might be the one as I think it may be a tiny bit less "bounce"/"power" than the emerald? But I don't really know. Also, glass fiber might not make the "crack" sound I'm missing. What do you think?

When it comes to the handle, I like the feel of the newer Timo Ball ALC. I also like the Geregely Classic handle. I'm not too keen on the Stiga handle of the Emerald VPS V as I think it's too "thin" and small. The emerald handle also makes the blade a bit top heavy. The thicker rounded feeling of the Timo Ball ALC is good. I considered getting a Timo Ball ALC but what pulls me back is the head size... i think it's a bit smaller than what I like the racket to be. The handle is perfect though. 

Edited by shogrran - 12/08/2016 at 6:51pm
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 7:13pm
I'm not an offensive player, but I prefer making controlled top spins with opportunistic flat-drives. That issue with the way I play with the emerald is that it frequently goes off on the far end of the table OR it falls too short into the net. So I guess control wise it doesn't fit me. I'd like a racket that gives a little bit more wiggle room for those players like me with not much"fine tuning adjustments" on the hand.  If that makes any sense. 

Edited by shogrran - 12/08/2016 at 7:16pm
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 7:25pm
If you also think that Stiga handle is too thin then I think you should avoid Nittaku. Most of them are even thinner and smaller. I think TMB Alc's head size is quite standard (157x150). So I have no idea some of allround or offensive blade will provide that larger head size. May be other forum members who got experience can suggest you.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 9:56pm
Get Nittaku Latika if you prefer large handle. You can also try Nittaku Acoustic/ Violin large handle.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

hungry cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungry cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by shogrran shogrran wrote:

Are there any carbon blades of nittaku that has lots of control? 

In my opinion carbon is never good if you are looking for control because even if it isn't a fast carbon blade carbon tends to deaden your ball feel which to me is important to control.  To have great feedback of what you are doing to be able to feel what you do wrong and replicate the feel of a good shot.

A five ply wood blade in the ALL + to OFF- range that has harder outer plies might be what you are looking for to have both control and a feel of hardness.  From Nittaku the Violin would probably be your best match.
70s Stiga Stellan Bengtsson

FH - Mark V 2.0

BH - Donic Bluefire JP 03 2.0
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 2:20am
Nittaku septear is faster than violin. Rubbers with medium hard to hard sponge works really well with it. I have used Donic acuda s1 turbo with septear, high control setup despite being very very fast
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 3:33am
Acoustic may also be worth a try. A best seller due to its playability: control, feel, spin and speed. I use the Acoustic Carbon which a notch up in speed.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 8:34pm
Runlox, Runlox, Runlox - the answer is the Nittaku Runlox.

Just get a Nittaku Runlox-5 (or Avalox P500—same blade) and don't look back.  There are plenty of rave reviews about this blade on this site and others.  I used one for a while and developed all of my strokes with it.  I might even have one for sale in my closet.  The go on the For sale forum from time to time, but usually get snapped up pretty quickly by those who know and love the feel of them.  Good luck to you.

Reviews:

Edited by king_pong - 12/10/2016 at 10:17pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 9:16pm
I recently switched from Butterfly carbon/ZLC blades tot Nittaku Barwell Fleet, and have been loving it since.  Give that a try if you can.
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 10:48pm
I guess as a not-so good player I need to reword myself since I may be using the terms wrong. 

I'm looking for a carbon blade with a lesser power than the all wood I'm using. It's one of those "I made a mistake and bought a super powerful blade I can't control" situations. 

My shots are either going out on the far end of the table or falling into the net when I try to control the power. I don't have the fine tuning yet for the blade I'm using (emerald VPS V by the way) and I think it would be better for me to slow down for a little.

I don't want to go all the way though as there are some things I'll actually miss on the blade I'm using. The feel is good and the looping is also good. 

Actually I've been doing quite some thinking maybe that rather new stiga all-round carbon blade would be better as a practice blade for me. 

So what I'm looking for is a blade with a bit more "wiggle room" for mistakes but with the carbon "crack" feel. 

I used the an old donic power persson carbon blade back in my entire college and I guess I'm looking for a modern day equivalent. 

Edited by shogrran - 12/10/2016 at 10:55pm
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I recently switched from Butterfly carbon/ZLC blades tot Nittaku Barwell Fleet, and have been loving it since.  Give that a try if you can.

I read that's glass fiber? 
What's the deal with glass fiber? does it provide speed/power or does it provide control or dwell time? 
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 12:17am
to me, it feels that the fiber glass has a little bit more power while retaining the good control
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 4:53am
Nittaku all-wood blades are always very nice, but i feel Violin maybe a little slow for an advanced power looper in PB era. I sold mine this past summer coz it lacked power at mid distance even with hard rubbers.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 7:05am

I guess as a not-so good player I need to reword myself since I may be using the terms wrong. 

I'm looking for a carbon blade with a lesser power than the all wood I'm using. It's one of those "I made a mistake and bought a super powerful blade I can't control" situations. 

My shots are either going out on the far end of the table or falling into the net when I try to control the power. I don't have the fine tuning yet for the blade I'm using (emerald VPS V by the way) and I think it would be better for me to slow down for a little.

I used the an old donic power persson carbon blade back in my entire college and I guess I'm looking for a modern day equivalent. 

BTW Donic Peersson Power Carbon is a very powerful blade. If you want to slow down the pace go for the Waldner Senso Carbon, or some of the recent Soft Carbon blades produced by Yinhe, or Palio-all good quality. Stiga allround carbon is a nice one too
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

BTW Donic Peersson Power Carbon is a very powerful blade. If you want to slow down the pace go for the Waldner Senso Carbon, or some of the recent Soft Carbon blades produced by Yinhe, or Palio-all good quality. Stiga allround carbon is a nice one too

Hmm... that's weird. I feel that the current blade I'm using (emerald vps v) has more "power" or "bounce" to it than the donic persson power carbon I used back in college. 

What's the nittaku equivalent for the stiga allround carbon? or butterfly equivalent for that?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic