Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Xiom vega pro, tour and euro blades for Vibrations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom vega pro, tour and euro blades for Vibrations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom vega pro, tour and euro blades for Vibrations
    Posted: 12/21/2016 at 9:48am
I just want to the know between the Vega Pro, Tour and Euro blades, which one has the most vibrations? thanks

below are the pictures of the specs but not sure how to interpret them

Edited by incarnation - 12/21/2016 at 11:30am
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 9:58am
check this
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70031&KW=vega+pro&title=xiom-blades-vega-tour-pro-and-europe

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64657&title=new-xiom-vega-blades

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:12am
thx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 10:35am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

check this
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70031&KW=vega+pro&title=xiom-blades-vega-tour-pro-and-europe

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64657&title=new-xiom-vega-blades

thx, but still cant find any mentions about the vibration among the 3 blades. lol 

I'll say for the Vibrations part. euro > pro > tour. and euro has the most vibrations amount the 3 blades?

Edited by incarnation - 12/21/2016 at 11:20am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 11:03am
Probably Pro or Euro - I would say Pro but others may disagree with good reason (I hate Koto anyways). Tour is definitely stiffer.

Edited by NextLevel - 12/21/2016 at 11:04am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 11:05am
can't understand their description of the vibration, but shouldn't more feel (to the right) = greater vibration?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 11:19am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

can't understand their description of the vibration, but shouldn't more feel (to the right) = greater vibration?

I wonder about the same thing, Since Euro has more vibrations than Pro. but from the picture the vibration of the Euro is more to the left. so I'll assume Tour has the lease vibrations then?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 11:27am
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

I wonder about the same thing, Since Euro has more vibrations than Pro. but from the picture the vibration of the Euro is more to the left. so I'll assume Tour has the lease vibrations then?

that would be my interpretation but a definite answer would require input from  someone with an exact understanding of the description (for vibraton)
notgooord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 11:57am
Xiom took butterfly blades and said:
Lets make the head bigger and the composite layer thinner.
Exactly the opposite of what they needed to do!
Who designs their blades????
coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 12:10pm
I don't have any experience with any blades, but since I'm fluent in Korean, I felt I could at least contribute to the thread. I took a look at Xiom Korea's website and based on reading their descriptions about the mentioned blades (as well as some others), the left most end means greater vibration, and the right end means less vibration. 

Their translation of 'solid' and 'sharp' could've been better explained, as well as the numbers going positive in both directions, but this should clear up at least what Xiom thinks as far as vibration goes. Xiom mentions that the vega euro blade provides 'feedback that can be felt to the fingertips' to enable offensive play. They're doing a lot of upselling on speed+control+feel on the euro blade, whereas the tour, they're selling the materials used (e.g. hinoki plies). 
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by coffeeholic coffeeholic wrote:

I don't have any experience with any blades, but since I'm fluent in Korean, I felt I could at least contribute to the thread. I took a look at Xiom Korea's website and based on reading their descriptions about the mentioned blades (as well as some others), the left most end means greater vibration, and the right end means less vibration. 

Their translation of 'solid' and 'sharp' could've been better explained, as well as the numbers going positive in both directions, but this should clear up at least what Xiom thinks as far as vibration goes. Xiom mentions that the vega euro blade provides 'feedback that can be felt to the fingertips' to enable offensive play. They're doing a lot of upselling on speed+control+feel on the euro blade, whereas the tour, they're selling the materials used (e.g. hinoki plies). 
makes perfect sense : left = greater vibration.  this will leave contradicting rating for the feel which I take + (to the right) = greater.  usually there is a direct correlation between feel and vibration.  very confusing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 1:50pm

makes perfect sense : left = greater vibration.  this will leave contradicting rating for the feel which I take + (to the right) = greater.  usually there is a direct correlation between feel and vibration.  very confusing.

I'm assuming by 'solid' and 'clear' (going in the rightward direction), they really mean a smoother feedback that a lot of people would like to related to butter. Instead of a good level of vibration to help players feel their way around their strokes more closely, there's a softer feel that provides just enough feedback to let the player know the quality of contact. 

You (as well as myself) can relate this to 'less feel', but I think Xiom's just trying to market between varying levels of vibration (and not a lack of any vibration/feedback) as quality of feel. If vibration were on a sliding scale from 0-10, xiom is trying to sell 3~5 range as 'solid feel' and 8~10 as 'sharp.' The Xiom euro could possibly be in the 5~7 range, as much 'sharper' feel might be disruptive to discerning feedback. 

edit: If I were to rephrase solid/clear, I'd put smooth/subtle. I can see why they chose solid/clear though. Solid things shake less, and subtleness increases discernment. 

Edited by coffeeholic - 12/21/2016 at 1:53pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 2:17pm
your description of the vibration is fine but could you explain what the feel spectrum of repulsing and capturing means 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 4:13pm

your description of the vibration is fine but could you explain what the feel spectrum of repulsing and capturing means 

My best guess is that capturing is in relation to dwell time. There was a description in the xiom vega euro product that compares the vega euro to be less flexible than the vega pro, but I'm not sure if I can say that Xiom has defined 'repulsing/capturing' to be anything more than dwell time. (i.e. not fully correlated to flex)

The thing is the tour is describe to have incredible speed and the right amount of 'repulsiveness.' It says the inner cores are zephyruim carbon and a very hard katsuri wood. This gives me the impression that the tour is on the stiffer side, but perhaps because of the kiso hinoki plies on the outside, some dwell can be achieved from compression in the softer wood, therefore they mention just the right amount of repulsiveness on the blade. 

Take with a grain of salt though. I'm only trying to explain how the details/data might match the ratings charts. I don't think Xiom product management wants you to get into the deep technical aspects of the blade as much as how they're marketing it for certain types of players Wink

Edited by coffeeholic - 12/21/2016 at 4:14pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 9:18pm

My best guess is that capturing is in relation to dwell time. There was a description in the xiom vega euro product that compares the vega euro to be less flexible than the vega pro, but I'm not sure if I can say that Xiom has defined 'repulsing/capturing' to be anything more than dwell time. (i.e. not fully correlated to flex)

The thing is the tour is describe to have incredible speed and the right amount of 'repulsiveness.' It says the inner cores are zephyruim carbon and a very hard katsuri wood. This gives me the impression that the tour is on the stiffer side, but perhaps because of the kiso hinoki plies on the outside, some dwell can be achieved from compression in the softer wood, therefore they mention just the right amount of repulsiveness on the blade. 

Take with a grain of salt though. I'm only trying to explain how the details/data might match the ratings charts. I don't think Xiom product management wants you to get into the deep technical aspects of the blade as much as how they're marketing it for certain types of players Wink

Thanks for your comment. 

I always thought that the more vibrations , the more dwell time it has.  I have tried Vega Euro and I really like the feeling and amount of dwell time it has. So I think I should look for the Capturing instead of Vibration then. I think Tour is the blade that would fit me since it has great amount of speed and a lot of dwell time. lol 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 9:30am
all this makes my head spin, why can't XIOM just use easily understood descriptions.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 9:31am

all this makes my head spin, why can't XIOM just use easily understood descriptions.

Maybe because the descriptions only matter to EJs who like to be confused and take this stuff seriously?
Cybershape Carbon
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Maybe because the descriptions only matter to EJs who like to be confused and take this stuff seriously?

yes.  BTW congrats on your new level.  You will be amongst the elite soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 1:53pm

I think a lot of it gets lost in translation. It makes sense in Korean :P
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 1:57pm

like the marketing info from the Chinese manufacturers, lost in translation too
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

yes.  BTW congrats on your new level.  You will be amongst the elite soon.

You are too kind.  Keep on EJing - I can say first hand it is more rewarding that training!
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:00pm

I am a little bit confuse about the Repulsing and Capturing part again. more to the right means more Capturing( more dwell time) and more to the left means more repulsing? but the repulsing part is negative so does it means more to the left is less repulsing since it's negative( less repulsing means more dwell time right? ) 
notgooord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:34pm
Repulsing or repulsive?
This blade is very repulsive lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

I am a little bit confuse about the Repulsing and Capturing part again. more to the right means more Capturing( more dwell time) and more to the left means more repulsing? but the repulsing part is negative so does it means more to the left is less repulsing since it's negative( less repulsing means more dwell time right? ) 

For that particular rating, you can assume it reflects dwell time from beginning to end. Least dwell = repulsive. Most dwell = capturing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic