Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITC Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITC Blades
    Posted: 02/21/2017 at 10:15am
I'm interested in knowing more about ITC blades.  Anybody has any experience with any of those blades?

Thanks,
FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
Sponsored Links

FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 10:57am
I found some posts from this forum regarding ITC blades but wonder if anyone for now have used the Premier XF for a while.  This sounds like a blade for me but I just want to hear from the user, especially those who have used this blade for a while, or any ITC blade for looping.

I really want to find a blade to fit my style and have it for a while since I cannot get rid of my EJ bug of trying to find a "perfect" blade.

Thanks very much in advance.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 02/21/2017 at 10:59am
Current Setup:
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 12:45pm
What do you think of the Nittaku Adelie, and how does it compare to Ludeack?  Have you compared it to the standard Clipper?   I'm just trying to get an idea of what you've tried and what you've like so far.  

What 5 ply blades have you tried and liked?   Premier XF is more like a faster 5 ply blade.  I have heard it's like a slightly faster Nittaku Violin.  Both feel nothing like any of the 7 ply Clipper type blades.  
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 4:17pm
My signature is old.  I had that from 2014 and didn't play for about more than 2 years and just got back to playing.  And I used Ludeack Fleet which is now too fast for me.  I would like to use Ludeack Fleet more than Adelie.  

And after finding out that Ludeack Fleet is too fast for me, I tried Primorac Carbon with Rasant Grip and I like it.  But I would like to have a little more hold (dwell) when looping so I'm looking for this "perfect" blade and find out that Premier XF could be the one.

I never tried Violin or Clipper so I can't tell.  And to be honest, since I'm back and doing fine with Primorac Carbon, I think I can handle Ludeack Fleet or Adelie better but I think I might want to try the Premier XF and (hopefully) find the "perfect" blade so I can sell all of the blades that I have.

I think I prefer to have a blade that I can feel it grip the ball more than those blades that I tried to generate enough spin but also enough power to loop from mid-distance.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 5:02pm
I have not used ITC Premier XF.  But I have used the Adidas Hypertouch which is similar and from the same blade designer.  It feels very soft with responsive touch and still has really nice speed.  It is one of my all time favorites.   Because of the Hypertouch, I'm pretty confident the Premier XF probably has the same excellent fit, finish, and feel with maybe just a difference in speed.  
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 5:44pm
Thank you onehander for your input.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 6:52pm
Itc xf is not too fast. It is a fiberglass/arylate blade with no carbon. I prefer the itc xr since it is like a carbon version of nittaku violin. haing white ash outer plies makes it a good looping blade with good feel and speed.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 7:32pm
Hi Yogi_bear,  is the ITC XR similar in feel and speed to the Hypertouch?  Thanks!
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 12:57am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Itc xf is not too fast. It is a fiberglass/arylate blade with no carbon. I prefer the itc xr since it is like a carbon version of nittaku violin. haing white ash outer plies makes it a good looping blade with good feel and speed.

Thanks for the input yogi_bear.  I believe that it's not too fast since the description of the blade says that it's hold more than boost.  

I find that I can loop well with the Primorac Carbon that is still a surprised to me since I think the blade is more for hitter.  Maybe because of the outer plies are Hinoki.  I probably should look for a Hinoki-Carbon blade.  I still want to find something that can help me loop well close to the table since Primorac Carbon is a little fast and not so consistent.  

The ITC Premier XC might be the one.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 02/22/2017 at 1:02am
Current Setup:
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:02am
Try the itc strike carbon then. The speed is like a primorac carbon.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:12am

Yes, you're right.  The structure of Strike Carbon is the same as Primorac Carbon.  But it is rated the fastest blade of all ITC blades so I think I'm more into the Premier XC or the XR (I read your review on megaspin.net regarding the Premier XR).

Are you still using the Premier XR?  I also think of trying MX-P or MX-S.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 02/22/2017 at 1:13am
Current Setup:
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:25am
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Yes, you're right.  The structure of Strike Carbon is the same as Primorac Carbon.  But it is rated the fastest blade of all ITC blades so I think I'm more into the Premier XC or the XR (I read your review on megaspin.net regarding the Premier XR).

Are you still using the Premier XR?  I also think of trying MX-P or MX-S.

FireHorse

Well, I just realized that you also had a review on the Premier XC as well.  I guess I will wait for a while so the EJ bug in me decides which one to pick.

Thanks,
FireHorse
Current Setup:
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:44am
There won't be no perfect blade...I end up with 49 blades looking for it.....more u buy more messed up one becomes,imo
Been there,for real

Since I've seen Ludeack come up ,decided to add more to your inquiry ....

Just bought 2 never had any,Ludeack regular that is, same weight((85 gram)) but different feel one of the other,but both are very soft and flexy,more than my 88 clipper and 3 Tibhar both blue and way more than black edition
2 weeks ago just received 2 PeterPans,I had one since a year ago although different weights and feelings

If I ever buy any other, although I really need to stop, will be the Barwell fleet 2-3 at the time and weight, but I must have the willingness of the seller to even be there myself in person and bounce the ball on bare blade that means Paddle palace or tabletennisstore,don't know others that sell nittaku or TT 11 but I must ask them to do it and confirm to me that they are sending me the closest feel and sound as possible ....I have bought a multitude of 2,3 even 4 blades of the same model and they all feel different
Tried 3 BF blades in the club,a bit different feel all from each other but the feeling of the ball is outstanding indeed...

I was really thinking on a couple of Tibhar KJH 7 ply but I know nobody that have one
So I may end up close to Nexy USA location to try them "naked" the blades that is....lol.,if available before buy

What we all need is more practice with what we all in these forums have or if possible stay out of them,for our own and account good....I may get booted for saying this though.....

Good luck

still testing

FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Tuly007 Tuly007 wrote:

There won't be no perfect blade...I end up with 49 blades looking for it.....more u buy more messed up one becomes,imo
Been there,for real

Since I've seen Ludeack come up ,decided to add more to your inquiry ....

Just bought 2 never had any,Ludeack regular that is, same weight((85 gram)) but different feel one of the other,but both are very soft and flexy,more than my 88 clipper and 3 Tibhar both blue and way more than black edition
2 weeks ago just received 2 PeterPans,I had one since a year ago although different weights and feelings

If I ever buy any other, although I really need to stop, will be the Barwell fleet 2-3 at the time and weight, but I must have the willingness of the seller to even be there myself in person and bounce the ball on bare blade that means Paddle palace or tabletennisstore,don't know others that sell nittaku or TT 11 but I must ask them to do it and confirm to me that they are sending me the closest feel and sound as possible ....I have bought a multitude of 2,3 even 4 blades of the same model and they all feel different
Tried 3 BF blades in the club,a bit different feel all from each other but the feeling of the ball is outstanding indeed...

I was really thinking on a couple of Tibhar KJH 7 ply but I know nobody that have one
So I may end up close to Nexy USA location to try them "naked" the blades that is....lol.,if available before buy

What we all need is more practice with what we all in these forums have or if possible stay out of them,for our own and account good....I may get booted for saying this though.....

Good luck

It's so true that we all need to practice more and should probably stay with one setup for a long time before deciding to switch.  I do like to have a blade that I can loop well with it but also have a nice, artful handle design.  The Primorac Carbon handle is too traditional.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:04am
If u like rocket launcher,that must be the one...
still testing

ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:26am
Not all EJs are cut from the same cloth. There are ones who show obsessive compulsive personality traits and are always looking for the "perfect blade". And then there are ones like me who would show more impulse control problems and tend to show more of a "shopaholic" tendencies and experiance pleasure after buying equipment.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 3:18am
For a looper like me, I prefer the xr but it is slower than pc.

FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Not all EJs are cut from the same cloth. There are ones who show obsessive compulsive personality traits and are always looking for the "perfect blade". And then there are ones like me who would show more impulse control problems and tend to show more of a "shopaholic" tendencies and experiance pleasure after buying equipment.

Yes, it's true.  To me, I just want to have a well-designed handle looping blade that I can never miss hehehe...

FireHorse
Current Setup:
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:53am

For a looper like me, I prefer the xr but it is slower than pc.
Thanks yogi_bear!  Your input is greatly appreciated.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:18am
I don't care for the handle look cause lately I bought me a Dremel 3000 rotary tool and kind of started to experiment with shaving the bottom of some handles FL ones (((and the wings on some)))to feel more straight cause I realized the straight work better for the back hand for me,and all my paddles have some kind of over grips on them,

I absolutely cannot play wo one anymore...

Edited by Tuly007 - 02/23/2017 at 12:19am
still testing

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 8:43pm
Any retailers in the US selling them besides Megaspin (who seem to be out of stock on the X series)?
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 12:48am
Two of my clubmates own the ITC XR and XC. I am not quite sure which is which as they both look almost the same. What I know is that when I play against one, it feels like you are playing against a solid brick wall. Very good solid blocks, great speed, smashes sting like heck. A solid smashing blade. The other one is a nice looping blade. Feels almost like wood, real pleasant feel. Pretty good speed for a looping blade. Nice control for all sorts of strokes at and near the table. Both have very good quality finish, classy would be an apt description. Now which is which, he he can't remember. I guess the XC is the looping blade and XR is the smashers blade. Not really sure, flip a coin. 
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 12:49am
Opps Yogi says that XR is the loopers blade. So there it is XC for the smash.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 2:01am
As far as I can tell:

XF = OFF- (Spin-Based Game)
XR = OFF (Power Loop Based Game)
XC = OFF+ (Smash Style Game)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic