Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rakza 7 Soft Real or Fake? [solved]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CyberInferno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rakza 7 Soft Real or Fake? [solved]
    Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:14pm
I'm getting back into table tennis after a hiatus, and I ordered some Rakza 7 Soft rubbers from a site I probably shouldn't have without knowing better (dhgate link to my purchase). I literally googled "cheap table tennis rubbers" and that was the first site that came up.

After doing more research, I believe these are probably fake (the price is too good to be true), but I'm wondering if anyone can compare the pictures of my unopened packages to known real packages so I can file a dispute with the seller. Pictures of my packaging are available here. Also, when I opened the mailer, a strong odor came from the rubbers. Is that normal?

I'm essentially trying to get some kind of definitive proof that these are fake so I can use that in filing a dispute with the seller and getting my money back. Or if you all think it's possible that these are real rubbers, I can open up the packaging and take pictures of the rubbers themselves.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by CyberInferno - 02/22/2017 at 3:17pm
Sponsored Links

mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:47pm
They are same with mine real rakzas:)
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam
mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:50pm
But it can still be an identical copy of genuine ones, you should try a real one and decide whether it plays same.
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:56pm
Bar code at the bottom right on the back cover is missing.
mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:39pm
I looked detailed and mine also doesn't have spanish flag and a line missing at your rubbers at the back cover

Edited by mrflick - 02/22/2017 at 2:40pm
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

Bar code at the bottom right on the back cover is missing.
Originally posted by mrflick mrflick wrote:

I looked detailed and mine also doesn't have spanish flag and a line missing at your rubbers at the back cover
Thank you both so much for the detailed investigation. That's exactly what I needed to file my dispute.

Lesson learned—only buy from sites recommended on this forum! It's a shame because the overall service was good on top of the price being obviously very good. I ordered them on a Sunday and received them in 10 days from China with free shipping.

EDIT: In order for me to file my dispute, I need an actual picture of an authentic one so that I can highlight the differences in my comparison. Would it be possible for one or both of you to take a picture of the front and back of an authentic one and upload it? Thanks again!

Edited by CyberInferno - 02/22/2017 at 2:54pm
mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 3:12pm
I'm not good at these things, wii ithis work:
https://imgur.com/a/vASEk
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 3:14pm

I'm not good at these things, wii ithis work:
https://imgur.com/a/vASEk
That's perfect. Exactly what I need. Thanks again for all your help! Glad to see this community is as great as it looked!
mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 3:28pm
You are welcome:)
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 2:15am

But it can still be an identical copy of genuine ones, you should try a real one and decide whether it plays same.

i got a new rakza 9 with strong booster smell like dandoy booster wonder if its normal
mrflick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 2:22am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

i got a new rakza 9 with strong booster smell like dandoy booster wonder if its normal

I'm now using 7 and 7 soft but tried 9 also, Mine rakza 9d smell same heavy booster so ı guess it's normal.
Timo Boll Spirit ST
Vega Pro
F3 BigSlam
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:04am
Originally posted by CyberInferno CyberInferno wrote:

I'm getting back into table tennis after a hiatus, and I ordered some Rakza 7 Soft rubbers from a site I probably shouldn't have without knowing better (dhgate link to my purchase).

These are fake. R7 or R7S do not have a plastic cover on the topsheet.
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:31am
wouldn't buy any rubber or blades from China

there is a reason it is so cheap

:)

Edited by in2spin - 02/24/2017 at 6:32am
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

Originally posted by CyberInferno CyberInferno wrote:

I'm getting back into table tennis after a hiatus, and I ordered some Rakza 7 Soft rubbers from a site I probably shouldn't have without knowing better (dhgate link to my purchase).

Also look at the price, most reputed sellers are selling Yasaka Rakza series for $30-$40 and if ever in doubt about authenticity you should always buy from reputed sellers like TT11.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:46am

I've used Rakza 7 and 9 for many years and never smelled any booster on them, where did you order yours from and for how much?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

I've used Rakza 7 and 9 for many years and never smelled any booster on them, where did you order yours from and for how much?

tt11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 5:33pm

tt11

Then the product must be real but I've never smelled any booster on any of the Rakza rubbers, maybe you should contact tt11 and confirm if the newer batches have factory tuning or not?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

Thanks for the further confirmation. I'm going through a dispute with the seller now. He's not objecting to a refund, but he's objecting to who pays for return shipping. Hopefully DHgate sides with me when I escalate it.

Also look at the price, most reputed sellers are selling Yasaka Rakza series for $30-$40 and if ever in doubt about authenticity you should always buy from reputed sellers like TT11.
That's definitely one of the things that made me suspicious after my purchase (it was too late to cancel though). I stupidly looked only at reviews and didn't even check for the MSRP, so I didn't even realize that I was paying about 1/4 of the retail price. I'll definitely make any purchases of high-end rubber from reputable sites from now on. For now, I've actually settled on an authentic Chinese rubber (999T) recommended here for lower-level players.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 8:32pm

I've used Rakza 7 and 9 for many years and never smelled any booster on them, whereķ did you order yours from and for how much?

tt11

Then the product must be real but I've never smelled any booster on any of the Rakza rubbers, maybe you should contact tt11 and confirm if the newer batches have factory tuning or not?

I think factory tuning must have a different smell but thiw smell like dandoy booster or amsir booster

i got a 1.9mm hexer pip sheet that was too bouncy must have been factory overboosted

Edited by bbkon - 02/27/2017 at 10:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic