Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BTY 2017 Rozena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 9:13am
Wonder if this is going to be the "Sriver SS" (Spring Sponge) I've dreamed about for years... LOL
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Sponsored Links

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 2:08pm
The best I can tell from overlaying these photos it is close to Tenergy 80 as far as the topsheet goes.  If these pics are accurate to scale.  I tried to match the topsheet thickness and sponge thickness for comparison.  I'm at work now so don't have anything to allow a closer inspection at the moment.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:45pm
I just got a sheet of red rozena 2.1

Just first impression : play similarly like Tenergy 05/80 with more linear behavior.
Grippy behavior you seek in T05 is there, favor more for who hate springy T05
Considered Rozena is in the price range of Evo Omega Rasant Bluefire,

In Thai Baht
Rozena 1500 with discount > 1350 (40USD)
Evo 1100-1200 (35USD)
Rasanter 1330 (38USD)
Omega V 1200 (35USD)

Wise marketing plan for BTY, another competitor for the price range of popular rubber and for those who tend not to afford Tenergy.

Full Review coming soons.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

I just got a sheet of red rozena 2.1

Just first impression : play similarly like Tenergy 05/80 with more linear behavior.
Grippy behavior you seek in T05 is there, favor more for who hate springy T05
Considered Rozena is in the price range of Evo Omega Rasant Bluefire,

In Thai Baht
Rozena 1500 with discount > 1350 (40USD)
Evo 1100-1200 (35USD)
Rasanter 1330 (38USD)
Omega V 1200 (35USD)

Wise marketing plan for BTY, another competitor for the price range of popular rubber and for those who tend not to afford Tenergy.

Full Review coming soons.

How is the weight?   Did you measure and weigh it before cutting?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:33am
Sorry I didn't, but I'm sure it's lighter than T05.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:36am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:36am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:49am
pips diameter seem the same
Rozena's pip is higher by just a bit with more pip-distribution distance.

overall feel - Rozena seem denser to me especially sponge....... manufactor and some other people say it's softer??? The fact is Rozena is on ITC Premere XR while T05 is on another player ZJK SZLC.
So I press the cut rubber and still Rozena is firmer. Some people at gym agree with me.
Please confirm that or against it if you find this wrong. So that I'm not misleading MyTT readers.

Impression Rozena is difference from Tenergy in term of Bounciness and Catapult effect. It has more linear behavior for one who hate Tenergy springiness. Gripness is almost the same

Need some more days to break though the rubber.

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 9:18am
sounds like a tamed Tenergy, not bad, this will blow away my EJ budget...:)

What's the weight of this rubber compare to Tenergy?  

Edited by Believer - 04/26/2017 at 9:22am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 3:55pm
Before we played mxp omega ... as a tenergy 05 clone. Today we are going to play an mxp clone for the same price while mxp is already very good , why? Don't think it would succeed.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
learnTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learnTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 3:27pm
I hope I didn't break a rule .... below, I google translated and copied from:  http://www.tt-spin.de/butterfly-rozena/

Butterfly Rozena
April 26, 2017 by tt89player

With the Butterfly Rozena a covering was announced, which only as a second Butterfly covering the technologies Springe Sponge and High Tension combined with each other. Apart from the Tenergy flooring, of course. So far, these are only combined with the Butterfly Spinart.

The Japanese traditional company seems to have completed the popular Tenergy pavement series. The long-term success and the already eight different versions give the guess right.

With the Rozena another target group of table tennis players is to be addressed. This is to be done in two ways. On the one hand the butterfly's charm is offered at a lower price. With 44,90 € UVP this is still twelve euros under the VK of the Tenergy's.

On the other hand, it has been recognized that many players are looking for an attack pad that forgives even the one or inaccuracy in the game, but which can still be added to the high-performance coverings.

In the advertisements, Butterfly praises the new Rozena as the flooring for the way upwards. The Tenergy coating series is still the top product for top players. Since I could imagine that so some youth players are now addressed.

Less my case is the new pink sponge. I can say at the same time that it is an ordinary jumping sponge sponge. So do not fall into anticipation just because of the sponge color 😉
Technical characteristics of Butterfly Rozena

When unpacking the cover I noticed some things. The upper rubber is very similar to the Tenergy pads. The coating surface also seems to be very high-quality.

The smell of the sponge is identical. The sponge itself is only slightly softer with its 35 ° Japanese sponge hardness compared to the usual 36 ° Springe Sponge sponge. Overall I would classify the coating between medium and medium-hard.

If I did not know better and if the sponge was not pink, I would think that I had some Tenergy covering before me.

The weight of my specimen (red 2,1mm) is in the package 96g. Unpacked the 69g. On my Butterfly Primorac cut comes the Butterfly Rozena on 45g. This is minimal lighter than an average Tenergy 05 on my wood brings (46-48g).
Features of the Butterfly Rozena

Also from the play feel is the relationship to the Tenergy's clearly felt. I think that in a blind test many would not notice the difference.

The Butterfly Rozena is a bit more lively and a little more catapulted than the harder Jump Sponge Pads. The impression of total hardness in between medium and medium hard area is confirmed.
Topspin, topspin and half-distance

The first topspins succeed intuitively well and with a familiar feeling. The countless hours of playing in which I had the Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64 on my racket are paying off.

The topspin on undercut can be opened both spinning and soft, as well as hard and dynamic. The Rozena has a wide range of possibilities. The variability is the great strength of the coating in the spins. Tenergy floor coverings, whether it is the T05 near the table or the T64 from the half distance, can be achieved with the Butterfly Rozena from any position a good performance.

Both at the table at an early ball meeting point, as well as from the half distance, the pad has an excellent acceleration and dynamics. The spice curve of Butterfly Rozena is mid-high and lies between T80 and T64. The rotational level is equally applicable.

In the case of countertop spindles, a lot of pressure can be generated. The variability and dynamics ensure that the right ball can always be played. Many points are also achieved by the fact that the covering in the attack game has a comparatively high fault tolerance.

Even with demanding balls, the upper rubber grips the ball optimally and allows for change of cut easily. Extreme topspin angles are easy to play with the other pads like Tenergy 05, Vega Pro or Nittaku Fastarc G-1 better.

The Butterfly Rozena is by no means an easy to play surface. Compared to the sensitivity of the Tenergy 05 against the incoming spin of the opponent, or the difficult to control the Tempodynamik of the Tenergy 64, can be scored with the Rozena also sometimes with not so optimal position to the ball.

The control comes however not as with the T80 by the Obergummi alone, but by the combination of the somewhat softer jump sponge sponge and the again changed Obergummi.

learnTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learnTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 3:33pm
Serve, kickback, block and shot

In the block game, the Butterfly Rozena works on a good level. Fast and passive blockballs can be played with good odds. The susceptibility to spin lies in the middle range of what I am accustomed to from comparable table-top carpets. The light catapult and the medium ball flight curve give a good, if not outstanding, support and forgive some mistakes.

In the serve I find the Butterfly Rozena very good. The rotational level is in the upper range. All my dangerous markups show their effect. Placement is simple and easy.

In the kickback, the coating takes up a lot of spin. Compared to the Tenergy 05 is however relatively little. A good timing I would nevertheless advise. Especially in the short-short, the flooring is optimal, as the ball can be placed precisely. Flips above the table are very spinning and with good pressure.

The killing succeeds quite well with the Butterfly Rozena. The lining has a lot of tempo and dynamics reserves, although there are harder and faster pads. The error rate is low. Balloon defense also shows its variability and stable properties. Counter-attacks are possible from all positions. Both soft topspins and hard backlashes can be used.
Conclusion to the Butterfly Rozena

If I did not know better, I would say that Butterfly has brought another Tenergy to the market. But this is cheaper under the label Rozena.

Furthermore, the lining is slightly more good-natured and more variable than its predecessor and combines the great strengths of all Springe Sponge / High Tension pads.

If you look at the Rozena as a stand alone, then I would speak of a balanced topspinbelag, which develops a good dynamics. This can be operated variably both at the table and from the half-range.

Due to the softer sponge, it also looks more kindly than the Tenergy pads, with its dynamics and speed approaching.

A controllable attack surface was promised, which also forgives a bad position to the ball. And Butterfly has delivered. After the low success of the last non-Tenergy floorings, Butterfly has now launched a floor covering which can be an alternative for many table tennis players. And this was underpinned by a comparatively low EIA.

So if you're looking for a variable attack pad that has a lot of spin and a high pace but still forgives some mistakes, the new Butterfly Rozena should stick to the bat

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 4:02pm
Why is it whenever I read about this rubber, I keep thinking of Super Saiyan Rose from Dragonball Super...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 4:58pm
Because you're the biggest ej ever in the history of the world?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 10:10pm
KAmehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Why so unserious...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Why so unserious...

Because I actually thought Saiyan super Rose was a TT rubber and Dragon ball an equipment company, LOL. Wikipedia tells me otherwise.

Edited by BRS - 04/28/2017 at 1:52pm
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 2:08pm
In stock at ButterflyOnline now.
http://shop.butterflyonline.com/rozena-rubber-rozp
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 3:00pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:04pm
Rozena....

I just bought a rubber named Rozena,
And suddenly my game
Will never be the same
For me (or my opponents).

Rozena....

I just played a match with Rozena
And suddenly did discover
How beautiful a rubber
Could beeeeeeee!

Rozena....

Play it loud and it's always loop killing,
Play it soft and it's equally thrilling...

Rozena....

I'll never stop playing Rozena!

The most beautiful sound in the whole world---

Ro-zeeee-nnnnn-aaaaa (pianissimo)
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:08pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 7:40pm
"Meet you all the way, meet you all the way, Rozena, yeah "

C'mon everybody sing along

"Meet you all the way....."
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 8:43pm
@NextLevel I'm pretty sure it had some influence on the naming. we already have blue and green sponges. this was the next obvious choice in RGB. Also pretty sure JP intended it to be "Rozen A" not Rozena (like Wave Drive A) but it got lost in transliteration. next, we may have neon colored sponges or multicolored

Edited by kurokami - 04/29/2017 at 8:44pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 3:03am
I bought a Rozena last week, got like 1h of play.

To me it seems like a lower throw 05. With less spin. Also looks like a thicker topsheet.
I would recommend this to players who find 05 a bit high throw on the FH. Or want something like a slower T80. Not by much though.

I personally did not like it on the x5, will try it on a more flexible blade where I find 05 too bouncy and high throw.

Weighed the whole package, 94 gr.

Edited by manyaku88 - 05/01/2017 at 3:05am
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 6:01am
Japaneses commercial said it name after the color Rose color sponge.

We definitely should ask nittaku how they name the product.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 8:16am

Only after Yasaka:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 10:10am
Guys, told you my EJ budget is blown away...:(

So I got a sheet last week and tried it with a robot this weekend.

I have Evo EL-P (a few months old) on the other side and this is just based on one quick robot session...

Overall, Rozena plays very much like Evo EL-P.  It does not have the hard feel like MX-P.  So IMO, Rozena is closer to Evo EL-P than MX-P.  Also, when you examine the rubber, the top sheet looks very much like Tenergy.  I didn't pay attention to the thickness of it.  But it looks like a Tenergy topsheet.  Since I was quite excited to try it, I completely forgot to weight it even though I asked the question earlier... LOL.

In comparing EL-P, here it is:

Spin: EL-P = Rozena

On service, both rubbers generate about the same spin.  Rozena can generate good spin like you expect from a Tenergy rubber.

On short push, the ball spin seems a bit weak.  So the "bite" on the ball is a bit less than Tenergy, but in par with EL-P

Lifting Backspin shots is not as easy as I expected for bigger drive loop.  But for short spinny loop, it is much easier. So perhaps the sponge is a bit too firm and the top sheet does not have enough bite to pickup the ball for bigger stroke at times.  Or it can just be my poor technique...:(

Rozena is also not very sensitive to incoming spin in general.

Throw: Rozena > EL-P

Rozena clearly has a higher throw than EL-P, very much like Tenergy 05 high throw. So to me, this suits the FH side because I like a higher throw on FH.
This also makes service receive quite easier for those short push of Backspin serve over the net short.

Speed: Rozena = EL-P

The rebound from incoming balls are pretty much the same between the two rubbers.  When I hit the ball, the Rozena does have a louder sound than EL-P. But overall, the speed on the two rubbers are similar.  Granted, I don't have the space to test any long distance shots.  Some one can do this test from the club play.

All in all, I didn't have to change much on the strokes to adjust between the two rubbers except the higher throw from Rozena on timing.  The blade that I have is Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition.  So this is a Clipper clone blade with some flex to it and a bit high throw.

I think that Rozena is definitely a tamed Tenergy that has some of the Tenergy characteristics with lesser spin and speed.  The rubber does have a higher tolerance and it is very easy to play with.  But there are other rubbers that have the similar characteristics.  So this may be a good one if someone wants to stay with Butterfly brand and enjoy some of the Tenergy traits with a lower price.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Only after Yasaka:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=2858

Faluska, WHAT !!! ?

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 10:15am
Spent 3 hours with a red Rozena so far.  As others have said, it's pretty much a subtle variation on Tenergy as opposed to something halfway between T05 and Bryce, or Roundell, or whatever.  It has the spring sponge character of the Tenergy line with some adjustments, in a similar way to how Spinart adopts some family traits while being its own tacky thing.

Believer has a good comparison with EL-P really - they're similar types of rubber in terms of use.  I'd give Rozena the edge in spin (and throw), and EL-P feels faster/bouncier to me.

Compared to T05, Rozena...

...less low-end catapult
...reduced spin sensitivity
...slightly harder to produce spin
...bit softer
...slightly lower throw (but still high)

It's also surprisingly loud on flat hits, which was a nice surprise for a rubber that isn't particularly soft-sponged.

Rozena has a very easy-going short game, much better than any of the Tenergy line.  I'd say that was the biggest advantage you get with it, while sacrificing some spin from half-hearted strokes.  I'd personally choose it over any Tenergy, and it's cheaper too.

The comparison with something like Karis is another one worth making - both are going for the no-nonsense, good performance without being demanding market.  Rozena is pretty laid-back in the short game and still has good top-end catapult, and I'd say this maps well to how Karis behaves too in terms of linearity.  But Rozena has better spin capabilities than Karis, and throws higher.  In contrast, Karis plays laser sharp with ridiculous precision, and Rozena needs more care with bat angles and attention to the quality of the incoming ball when the rally is opened up.

I'd say it's like T05 but with 10% less sponge hardness, speed, catapult (all from the low gears), spin.  For me, this makes it a better rubber for my level of play and needs, but I'd advise existing Tenergy users to be wary of the trade-off being made here - you might miss the features Rozena has toned-down.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 8:50pm
i guess i will have to try it for myself
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic