tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Coaching & Tips > Coaching & Tips

I can't stop watching that FH finish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't stop watching that FH finish
    Posted: 03/09/2017 at 11:28pm

That ultimate fh loop along the line from the bh corner contains a lot to be observed; it's unbelievable!  the legs' work and the finesse of the yet powerful contact is an absolute standard to me. 

I wish a volunteer makes it an animated gif and posts it here.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2017 at 11:59pm
That is amazing. And FZD knew that he could not return with his backhand because ML was waiting on the backhand corner. Running pass the ball to return the ball requires footwork and clear game strategy. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 12:07am
Here it is

kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 12:15am
Another crazy point from FZD

fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 10:40am
Kindof99 is on fire! Thanks. After the fh finish the recovery is still there, he was ready after his knees were almost touching the floor. I am very impressed. The wonder kid is turning into the ultimate tt boss. The next wttc final with ML, assuming no major upset, promises to be goliath vs goliath, now that david grew some balls, bad pun not intended.

Edited by fatt - 03/10/2017 at 4:48pm
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 4:24pm
Although FZD did an admirable  job hitting that Fh, ML lost the point rather than FZD winning it.

Clearly ML over swung on his first Fh and was slow in recovering  thus forcing him to block the next shot.  Then he blocked weakly giving FZD time to move into position for the Fh.  And finally when FZD did hit the Fh, ML made the mistake of stepping diagonally backwards instead of stepping diagonally in and simply blocking cross-court.

As an accomplished 1800 rated player I would have played the point entirely differently.  I would have looped the first Fh slow and with as much spin as I could generate.  This would give me time to recover for my next shot.  Since FZD has not seen a slow spiny loop with that little spin since he was 8 it is very likely he would net his return.  If he somehow did manage to counter-loop  my attack, I would execute the perfect pivot move to walk back to the barrier and pick up the ball he just hit past me.  Same result as ML but at least I would know I had not made any mistakes.

Mark - The one US player who terrifies the CNT
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Although FZD did an admirable  job hitting that Fh, ML lost the point rather than FZD winning it.

Clearly ML over swung on his first Fh and was slow in recovering  thus forcing him to block the next shot.  Then he blocked weakly giving FZD time to move into position for the Fh.  And finally when FZD did hit the Fh, ML made the mistake of stepping diagonally backwards instead of stepping diagonally in and simply blocking cross-court.

As an accomplished 1800 rated player I would have played the point entirely differently.  I would have looped the first Fh slow and with as much spin as I could generate.  This would give me time to recover for my next shot.  Since FZD has not seen a slow spiny loop with that little spin since he was 8 it is very likely he would net his return.  If he somehow did manage to counter-loop  my attack, I would execute the perfect pivot move to walk back to the barrier and pick up the ball he just hit past me.  Same result as ML but at least I would know I had not made any mistakes.

Mark - The one US player who terrifies the CNT

Mark, if FZD managed to counter-loop your attack, you'd be so awestruck that your body might become temporarily paralyzed before you could execute the pivot move to the barrier.

Edited by heavyspin - 03/14/2017 at 2:56pm
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 3:15pm
Since I have already faced the awesome Heavyspin  Fh slow loop I do not think anything FZD   did would affect me in that way.  Once you have seen the  ultimate shot everything pales in comparison.

Mark - Who after many tries finally managed to block Heavyspin's loop only 2 Ft off the table.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 5:45pm
Impressive display by FZD. The sequence of fh from the wide forehand court followed by strong fh from the backhand corner requires a deeper knee bend along with quickness and power. 

It's similar but higher level than what I used to be able to do when I was younger and lighter.
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 11:16pm
Fan Zhendong was just so on fire that match....Best legwork in table tennis after the old Zhang Jike for sure.
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic