Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 3:52am
Sheet size was 169 x 171mm

Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
Sponsored Links

Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 9:47am
Sheet size 169 X 171 mm.  Emailed that info to your rubber mass database a couple of days ago.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 9:51am
Can anyone comment on how R47 compares with Adidas P7?  I'm looking at it to replace my BH rubber when it wears out.  So far, P7 has no peer in my opinion, but with Adidas out of the business, the search continues.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 3:04pm
IMO... p7 it's a pumped up barracuda ((( just wipe barracuda with a couple of a Dandoy concoction))... And done..... P7

Thing is buying barracuda or any other rubber when on sale , we are getting old-er rubbers and booster's worn already

But of course an altogether new rubber is enticing...I'll give rasanter a go sometime
still testing

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Rich L Rich L wrote:

Can anyone comment on how R47 compares with Adidas P7?  I'm looking at it to replace my BH rubber when it wears out.  So far, P7 has no peer in my opinion, but with Adidas out of the business, the search continues.

The peers are called "Hexer" and "Genius".
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 3:24pm
Thanks for that info, but I'd really like to try a newer, plastic ball engineered rubber rather than by an older generation rubber and start playing around with boosters.  I have a feeling that R47 might be the ticket, but I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to come out before I'm sure.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 4:40pm

I'd really like to try a newer, plastic ball engineered rubber

Wow, so you really believe this marketing blurb?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 5:12pm
I glued up another R47 ultramax on my other blade. Weight was a shade higher (71g uncut). 49g cut. Used for another league night.

Best rubber I've tried on BH, I think. However, if you are perfectly OK with the new-age 45 deg tensors (like Xiom Omega V Europe) and don't find them soft, then you can skip the R47 (as to me, it is a OVE with thinner topsheet, thicker / harder sponge and slightly better feel). The dwell makes it feel softer than 47 deg while looping (feels like T80 for those strokes). Huge arc and everything goes in (because of thick sponge).

For FH, I still prefer MX-P - quite likely because I'm very used to it. I would have to change my FH a bit to use R47 effectively.

I also prefer MX-P for FH serves (though my BH serves with R47 were very spinny).
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 5:20pm
Slevin does R47 exhibit any differences between red and black colors, like mx-p red being harder and black being softer?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 5:44pm
No.
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 6:09pm
Thanks.  I'm going to give R47 in 2.0mm a shot in place of P7.  If P7 still existed, I'd stay put, but the rubber's getting kind of beat up.  I think there's a few rubbers that are somewhat similar out of the package, including Omega 5 Europe, which I'm not that fond of, and Victas V>01 Stiff that doesn't have quite the throw angle and loft, but since I tried R42 on my FH, I had a feeling that the R47 might be the ticket on the BH.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 7:30am
Mine arrived this morning.  V42, R42, R47, R50.  I've popped the uncut weights in the Reporting... thread.  I'll get them setup for Monday night training.

The V topsheet is just as the blurb says - noticeably thinner and wider-spaced pips, giving it a softer, more flexible feel than R.  Not sure if that means more catapult or just more squishiness yet.  Quality looks high, as expected with ESN, weights are OK and uniform, smell is typical ESN rubbery stuff but not the obvious TRF booster smell from the Bluefire M or Evolution -P days.  I wonder if those days are behind us now for new releases.

Compared to EL-S, the R topsheet feels tougher and less pliant under finger compression.  The V topsheet is more inline with EL-S but perhaps goes the other way and is easier to move around.  The V topsheet is certainly closer to Rasant Beat or Acuda Blue while not being as crazy soft as those, while R's topsheet looks like a toughened up EL-S.  Both are potentially good changes IMO.  Both V and R are very grippy, matte in colour.

Cut weights (157x150):

V42 - 43.29
R42 - 44.46
R47 - 49.70
R50 - 51.55

Colourful, eye-gouging packaging:

Side-on stack.  Top-bottom R50, R47, R42, V42:

Edited by AndySmith - 04/01/2017 at 10:39am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 10:04am

Thanks.  I'm going to give R47 in 2.0mm a shot in place of P7.  If P7 still existed, I'd stay put, but the rubber's getting kind of beat up.  I think there's a few rubbers that are somewhat similar out of the package, including Omega 5 Europe, which I'm not that fond of, and Victas V>01 Stiff that doesn't have quite the throw angle and loft, but since I tried R42 on my FH, I had a feeling that the R47 might be the ticket on the BH.

Don't make that mistake about R47, I tested a new one yesterday and felt disturbed about the lower jump than I expected. I don't know about rest of the modifications but r47 is not any substitute of P7.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 10:49am

Thanks for that info, but I'd really like to try a newer, plastic ball engineered rubber rather than by an older generation rubber and start playing around with boosters.  I have a feeling that R47 might be the ticket, but I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to come out before I'm sure.

Neither of the 2300 (Hexer) and 2500 (Genius) users I know boosts.  IT's okay to try the new stuff but there is a good reason that those rubbers are not discontinued despite their age.  And it's a bit weird to claim that P7 was the gold standard and then talk about not liking the P7 equivalents.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 11:47am
NL this is an article(use chrome auto translate from german)  http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-genius-vs-donic-baracuda-vs-andro-hexer/ that talks about how these 3 rubbers are still very good, i m sure you saw it but doesn't hurt to put it out here.

Still disappointed in Rasanter for not being available through Dandoy/TT11, all that marketing hype and then not in stock, guess what , people will end up buying something else
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 12:00pm
From what I know, online stores are peeved at Andro for this as well. I'm glad I stocked up early.

Edited by slevin - 04/01/2017 at 12:11pm
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 12:37pm
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but I think Rasanter is available at TT11.  A friend of mine just got a couple sheets.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 1:33pm
I just got on the Tibi train for my sheets.  Choo choo.

About P7 - recent ESN rubbers are really different to the older ones from back in the day.  It's always going to be difficult to get anything new that's really close to P7 because they just don't make them like that any more.  So the closest fit will be from rubbers that were kicking around at the same time.  Someone who claimed to be an ESN employee said that Omega IV Asia was the closest in terms of construction (and I agree that it's close after trying it out), but I've heard good things about Nittaku Fastarc G1 as well (not tried it myself).

As a P7 user, I ended up with Omega V Asia from the newer generation and was very happy, but it still isn't so similar really.  It just worked well as a replacement for me and my brushy FH.

Edited by AndySmith - 04/01/2017 at 3:46pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Still disappointed in Rasanter for not being available through Dandoy/TT11, all that marketing hype and then not in stock, guess what , people will end up buying something else

Rasanter is available at Tabletennis-point.com
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 2:28pm
NL, I appreciate your input.  It's always helpful to hear from a wide variety of people that have had experiences with many different rubbers.  I think our reactions to these rubbers can be as different as our styles.  I've got 3-4 new rubbers to try on my BH, and the day my P7 craps out, I guess I'll just have to break out the glue, and give 'em a try.  
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 12:57pm
i would get them but i have too many tenergies stocked up
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 8:52pm
Two more R47 observations:

It is good on koto outer composite blades (like TB-ALC) but it feels much better on Limba outer composite blades (like Maze / Freitas ALC).

I don't quite like it on FH but I love it on my BH.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 8:45am
Had a 3 hour session last night, split roughly equally between V42/R50 and R42/R47 setups on my pair of Zoom Balance blades (ALL+ primorac-type blade, thicker and stiffer).

It's probably easier to talk about the topsheets first.  I think the R topsheet is excellent and is a step forward in many ways from rubbers I've tried recently.  Since the 40+ ball came out, new model ESN rubbers have mostly had a specific type of topsheet - matte, grippy, but generally on the soft side.  There are extremes of course, with Acuda Blue and Rasant Beat being the obvious ones.  R's topsheet is matte, grippy, but not soft.  I'd call it stiff more than hard - it lacks pliability unless you put some force into it.  It compares well to older-gen, harder topsheets (Rhyzm perhaps springs to mine), but has a lot more grip.  I'd say that the topsheet leads to the rasanters playing a touch harder than their sponge hardnesses indicate.

The V topsheet is noticeably softer - this is one of those times where the difference the pip structure makes is obvious in play.

R47 is where the action is, and I think it should be the most popular of the 4 I've tried.  It's pretty fast (even allowing for the slow-ish blades I was using).  The short game is very good and spin sensitivity is manageable in the low gears.  The stiff, slightly resistant topsheet gives a direct, predictable feel in low-power situations.  The sponge is medium-hard, small pores, not particularly bouncy and the package is fairly linear.  The catapult is at the top-end, and so is the spin.  To get a steamingly fast ball you need a fairly full stroke, and to get good spin you need to make sure you work the topsheet.  I found it gave very good loop performance from distance with a big stroke and good wrist acceleration.  On slow loops I had to remember to add a bit of wrist or I'd end up with a fairly lame, low-arc ball.  Serves need a good contact and some care to keep the ball short with good spin, but it didn't take long for me to adjust at all.  Basically - the performance is there and is very good, but you need to work a little harder to get it out.  But this also means R47 plays very solidly in all basic situations - driving, pushing, flicking, blocking.  It is a bit sensitive to spin once the speed of the rally goes up, but that helps loop-loop performance, while making passive play more troublesome.  The closest comparison is EL-S I suppose but the character of R47 is quite different in that low-gear spin is harder to get at, but the max performance feels higher to me.

R50 is stupid-hard.  Whereas R47 feels natural to me when looping, opening up, etc, R50 is simply too hard for me as an overall package.  Sure I could get some meaty flat hits going and blocking was super efficient, but my word it was like granite in comparison with most things on the market (putting aside tacky rubbers here).  Imagine MX-S with a harder, stiffer topsheet.  If that idea floats your boat then fair enough.  I haven't used Rasant Powergrip for any length of time but a clubmate was using it on a Trieber Z last night and Powergrip seemed a little softer than R50 to me.

R42 - I used this mostly on the BH side because I tend to use 42.5 degree on there anyway.  You can probably imagine how this is - slightly less linear, bit more bouncy in the short game, not as solid on hard loops, and so on.  This is mostly true, but there were some stand-out points.  I found it very easy to pull off a high-arc, short-placement ball, so this was great for lifting backspin early off-the-bounce and attacking serves.  Also, persistent topspin attack off block was very good.  Passive play was tougher than R47, and there were a few times where I was caught out by a fast ball when slightly out of position and I'd send the ball high and long.  It isn't as stable as R47, essentially, but as a medium-soft loop-attack rubber it's great.  It felt like a mix of Bluefire JP03 and M3 back when I was using celluloid, in a good way.

V42 - again, mostly used on the BH side.  The throw is lower than R42 (if R42 is medium-high, V42 is medium-low), and the lower arc gives it a faster and more direct feel in play.  It's less sensitive to spin, needs a bit more effort to keep the ball moving when play is slow, blocks better, and has a more harmonious feel overall.  I preferred V42 over R42 on my BH side, but I hit, drive, block on that wing more than I loop and it was just more effective for me.  It reminds me more of something like Acuda Blue P2/P3 but with a less extreme topsheet and more allround suitability - far better for looping than Acuda Blue.  Actually - thinking back - V42 is probably the closest I've come to finding a direct replacement for T64-FX.

It's only 3 hours use, but I think they're very good and I feel that a combination of V42/R47 is pretty hot for my needs.  If nothing else then V42 or R42 are excellent BH rubbers for me and I'll likely stick with them for a while over things I've used recently.  I have my last league match of the season tomorrow night and there's nothing riding on it for either side so I'll give them a bash under a more "pressured" match situation and see how it goes.
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 9:58am
Hi Andy, do you think that R42 could be a good move foe someone using Adidas P7 on FH side?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

Hi Andy, do you think that R42 could be a good move foe someone using Adidas P7 on FH side?

My first instinct is no. It's quite a lot softer, and behaves very differently to older ESN rubbers. I guess you'd want R45 ideally, but they don't make that. R47 is the nearest one but is faster, and again has a really different feel to older ESN.

Having said all that, my second instinct is - why not? If I was using P7 now I'd go for R47 out of the range if I wanted to give it a shot. See if you can try someone else's sheet first though.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 10:17am
Great review Andy ! Currently using ELS max on my FH , which would have about the same feel but more spin?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Great review Andy ! Currently using ELS max on my FH , which would have about the same feel but more spin?

R47 is the one in the el-s zone. R's topsheet is quite different, and this is where the distinction comes from. El-s gives easier spin at slower stroke speeds. Harder to get spin out of R47 but this makes it more stable and I got a lot more spin and arc on full strokes. Not sure if the ultramax sponge helps here a bit as well, but I feel that R47 is very accurate and powerful when stringing hard attacks together, whereas el-s gives a low ball on power shots in comparison.

Both good rubbers of course.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 12:06pm
Andy, would you say the R47's throw is higher(like 05) or low like previous rasants, and also how hard/easy is it to loop backspin?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Andy, would you say the R47's throw is higher(like 05) or low like previous rasants, and also how hard/easy is it to loop backspin?

It's higher than older rasants. They've always been peculiarly low in the past, and I think V47 is probably along the same low lines. R47 not as high as T05 but not far off on big strokes. It's more direct with a firm feel on basic, slower shots, very noticeable during a counter hit warm up.

edit - oh, and backspin.  I had no real issues with it - went well.  I had a good session with a chopper and it did really well, but the chopped ball was coming on to me quickly.  Against general attacking players, you get more of those floaty balls that sit up and I didn't do so well against those, but that could be me having used tacky FH rubbers over the last few weeks.

Edited by AndySmith - 04/04/2017 at 2:18pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 4:29pm
I've been thinking more about it during the day, trying to come up with comparisons and analogies. The best I've come up with so far - R47 gives me the same sort of early feeling that Tenzone Ultra did at the time. R47 has better grip, more speed, and a bump in high gear performance, but factor in the 40+ ball where you might need these extra bits, and you have a similar first impression.

Some people didn't like TZU because it didn't have "enough". It's no catapult monster like mx-p and some just can't live without that kind of rubber characteristic. R47 has that predictable solidity, but with more of everything at the top end.

I don't think it will be universally loved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic