FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I liked when Andro's marketing management acknowledged a mistake on their part with a confusing line of products and it seems their new offering is well structured to maybe support the most awesome series of rubbers since tenergy has come out.

It's still confusing. A prime example. Andro drops the ball once again.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It's still confusing. A prime example. Andro drops the ball once again.

IMHO, the Rasanter series has the least confusing nomenclature of all the rubbers out there. The letter (R or V) signifies whether emphasis is on spin/throw or speed. The number tells us the sponge hardness. How much more idiot-proof do you want this made, zeio?

Edited by slevin - 04/04/2017 at 6:54pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 8:58pm
Quote 跟你讲他这么每次都做很多型号,就是个错误,球友们怎么选择?而且没多大意思,反正我是不买了
Translation: Tell you what. He[Andro] makes so many models every time. It's just a mistake. How are people going to choose? And there is hardly any meaning, as I'm not buying.

That quote came from a tieba post about the Rasanter.

How Butterfly does it:

05 for Spin
25 for Countering
64 for Speed
80 for Balance

The regular version is for top performance, whereas the FX version is for stability.

How Nittaku does for its Tensor:

P-1 for Speedy Drive
G-1 for Spinny Drive
C-1 for Balanced Rally
S-1 for Speedy Smash

The key here is to make it so that no two models overlap in the primary design goal.

Not with the Rasanter. You have got 4 versions for Spin and 2 versions for Speed, which begs the answer - you can't be serious.

Edited by zeio - 04/04/2017 at 9:20pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 9:37pm
I believe a 5 degree difference in sponge hardness is a significant enough difference.  With Tenergy, you are expressing four different aspects of play, but when you select one, how strong or weak are the other 3 criteria for that rubber?  At that point, you"re almost better off with a graphical or numerical evaluation of the speed, spin, blocking, etc., which no one believes in the first place.

Edited by Rich L - 04/04/2017 at 9:38pm
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 4:31am

Translation: Tell you what. He[Andro] makes so many models every time. It's just a mistake. How are people going to choose? And there is hardly any meaning, as I'm not buying.

That quote is simply nonsense for rasanter.  I could believe it for older releases, but this time there has been a big effort by andro to do exactly the opposite of this.  Lots of marketing explaining what the models are.  The model names are explicitly describing the rubber's characteristics, unlike Butterfly where you need the nice fancy infographic to decipher their development codes.  Old andro models are being discontinued to remove further fracturing of the marketplace.  There are only two rubber types - V and R, and then a choice of sponge hardness which is a matter of personal preference.  If someone doesn't understand what sponge hardness means or how suitable it is for their game then no amount of information is likely to help them.

It's incredible really - andro has put more effort into explaining this than ever before for this release, and we get "how are people going to choose".  By putting a tiny bit of effort in and reading, I would say.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 8:28am
I agree with Andy. This R&V plus hardness in numbers set up is quite straight forward to me, way better than some other cute nicknames.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

That quote is simply nonsense for rasanter.  I could believe it for older releases, but this time there has been a big effort by andro to do exactly the opposite of this.  Lots of marketing explaining what the models are.  The model names are explicitly describing the rubber's characteristics, unlike Butterfly where you need the nice fancy infographic to decipher their development codes.  Old andro models are being discontinued to remove further fracturing of the marketplace.  There are only two rubber types - V and R, and then a choice of sponge hardness which is a matter of personal preference.  If someone doesn't understand what sponge hardness means or how suitable it is for their game then no amount of information is likely to help them.

It's incredible really - andro has put more effort into explaining this than ever before for this release, and we get "how are people going to choose".  By putting a tiny bit of effort in and reading, I would say.
ClapClapClap
If someone can't understand simple, cut dry instruction, he is an ID10T, Big smile
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 1:07pm
I find the new rasanter series naming pretty clear. It shows which series for grip/spin or speed/power and the hardness of the sponge, can't get any better than that. Don't even need to refer to a chart of some sort.

In contrast donic system was pretty confusing to search for spinniest/grippiest rubber and i had to refer to the chart which didn't match with the opinion of TT players on this forum.

Tenergy series is pretty clear as well and BTY has good marketing with videos about their rubbers.

Evolution is good too.

Edited by DreiZ - 04/05/2017 at 1:08pm
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 1:13pm
If you are buying R47 for BH for a heavy ALC blade (TB-ALC, Viscaria), I'd recommend 2.0mm.

Ultramax is a monster. Shall be fantastic if you like to take 2 steps back and BH loop like Kreanga. The arc and spin are vicious but at the table, obviously, you have better control with slightly less sponge.

Edit: I revise my impression of R47 on ALC blades - it is fantastic even on Viscaria / TB-ALC. 

Earlier review was done by taking rubber from 1 blade, not removing existing glue layer, adding new glue layer and putting it on new blade. I've never had a good experience doing this (I find that I need to remove existing glue layer to get optimal spin and feel).

Edited by slevin - 04/05/2017 at 1:20pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 1:45pm
Now the question that has to be asked of every rubber wanting to be great, how does it compare to Tenergy 05.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 1:59pm
T05 is nowhere near as good as R47.

The end, lock the thread.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 2:14pm

LOL!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

LOL!

Yeah, I suppose I should be serious for a second.

It's unlike T05, and should be considered an alternative rather than a clone.  It does things differently - like being very solid for drives, smashes, less sensitive to spin, more linear.  It's also probably a bit faster, easily a match at the top-end (if not better in terms of spin/speed ratio), but doesn't grab and sling the ball out with the same ease as T05 with lower effort shots, but that brings a predictability and reliability that inspires confidence in me.  

I already have an anti-BTY bias and would use one of many excellent ESN rubbers instead of T05, and R47 does feel like a bit of a jump forward for my needs, but there are people out there who just can't live without Tenergy's specific qualities, or the big catapult of MX-P, and maybe R47 would feel too different for them (as most new ESN would, perhaps).  They have my sympathies!
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 6:35pm
Despite what Bjoern said, retailers still have trouble choosing.

To the best of my knowledge, not one retailer in Taiwan stocks the whole range of Rasanter. Not even the official distributor for the region.

Maxwell, the distributor, is missing the V42.

Dange is missing the R37.

Xiao-tzai Sports stocks only the R50/R47, and V47. In the comments, a Rasant Grip user asked why there isn't a 42(likely talking about R42, who originally also wanted a 37), to which the owner said, due to another change in the ball, acceptance of the softer degrees is not clear and so is awaiting for market feedback.

From Andro Japan:

Very informative. /s

Edited by zeio - 04/05/2017 at 8:22pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2017 at 12:54am
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2017 at 3:12am

Despite what Bjoern said, retailers still have trouble choosing.

To the best of my knowledge, not one retailer in Taiwan stocks the whole range of Rasanter. Not even the official distributor for the region.

Maxwell, the distributor, is missing the V42.

Dange is missing the R37.

Xiao-tzai Sports stocks only the R50/R47, and V47. In the comments, a Rasant Grip user asked why there isn't a 42(likely talking about R42, who originally also wanted a 37), to which the owner said, due to another change in the ball, acceptance of the softer degrees is not clear and so is awaiting for market feedback.

Hi zeio!
We do not urge our customers or shops to stock all RASANTER versions.
They can decide on their own, which rubbers they would like to offer to their customers.

As far as I understand, these shops just made a simple decision to not stock a certain version, because they do not see them as that important. A decision, which is absolutely OK for us.
From my point of view this is not a result of having troubles choosing the right rubber.

All the best,
Björn
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2017 at 3:52am
Super extremely fast rubber and also easy to control.  I'm using V47 on my backhand and R47 on forehand. V47 make my punch ball like a laser beam lol. Rasanter is the best offensive rubber in my opinion....better than Tenergy also :D
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
mutuz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2017 at 8:09pm
excited for this!
I play with EL-P, should I go with the R42 or the R47?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2017 at 8:20pm
For those who are testing Rasanter series, which one is the closest to Tenergy 64?
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2017 at 7:33am
Hi I'm playing with the Sriver G3 in my backhand (1,9mm) I'm looking for a rubber that's a little bit softer (but not too soft) and with a bit more "spring". Are there any variant of the Rasanter series that would fit these criteria?

Basicly a rubber that is a bit more springy and a little bit softer than the Sriver G3
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 1:02pm
Anyone tried the Rasanter R50 yet? You guys all seem to be going for the 47!

R50 in ultramax sponge sounds like a beast! Imagine slapping two of those on a Primorac Carbon or TB ALC... Jeez

Edited by SmackDAT - 04/09/2017 at 1:05pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

R50 in ultramax sponge sounds like a beast! Imagine slapping two of those on a Primorac Carbon or TB ALC... Jeez

Yeah, me.  It's crazy.  Super hard, need lumberjack popeye swings to get the most out of it.  R47 is a lot easier to use for non-Conans.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 2:49pm
Andy did you notice some differences in spin between V47 and R50 is there a significant difference?
which one has a lower arc?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 3:28pm
I haven't used V47, but I can compare V42 to R42 if that helps?

I think Andro's marketing is broadly correct with the range - the V topsheet is noticeably softer due to the pip structure, so on the same sponge hardness the V will throw lower.  Spin is one of those tricky things because it depends on your stroke, but with V's topsheet being softer I find it's slightly better for spin at low speeds, but worse at high speeds.  It's sort of like asking if T64 has less spin than T05 (not that I'm saying that Rasanter is a copy of these, just that the concept of different pip structures is applied in a similar way).

That said, V42 still spins the ball up well on the whole, much better than Acuda Blue P2, for example.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 3:40pm
thank you very much andy i got your point
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 4:13pm

On Primorac Carbon R50 will feel like a piece of glass, PC doesn't like ultra hard sponges, anything harder than 05 is not welcome. V47 should be optimum. But on TBALC or Viscaria R50 must be a 16 inch battleship cannon 😀
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

On Primorac Carbon R50 will feel like a piece of glass, PC doesn't like ultra hard sponges, anything harder than 05 is not welcome. V47 should be optimum. But on TBALC or Viscaria R50 must be a 16 inch battleship cannon 😀

Like boosted bryce speed on 1 ply hinoki... or is that 18" cannon?
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2017 at 8:36am
My match last week was postponed, but happened last night.

R47 is such a great rubber in so many ways - continuous FH attack, loop variation, good performance on smashes and blocks, very predictable.  I had so many pop-ups on FH pushes and service receive, so in practical terms I was gifting as many points as I gained from the attacking side.  It has a hard feel in the short game that puts some extra demand on a weaker area of my game.  It isn't spin sensitivity, it's just a lack of cushioning I'm used to I think.  I could adjust with enough time of course, and the gap I have here is probably more down to my use of tacky FH rubber in recent months.  I'll probably stick with tacky for now, but if I was going to use eurojap then this would be my FH rubber.

R42/V42 are probably the best medium/soft ESN rubbers I've used since the plastic ball appeared.  I've tended to prefer 40-42.5 sponges on the BH wing for a long time now and I've gone through a lot of them over the years, probably hitting my most happy place with JP03 in the celluloid days.  Since plastic appeared I've used V15 Limber, Acuda Blue, V402 Limber, Hype EL, Nanoflex, and many others I've since forgotten, but these two have very much brought me back into the zone I've been looking for.  Choosing between them is tricky, but a minor issue really.  Loop with a bit of hitting - R42.  Hitting with a bit of loop - V42.  I'll definitely stick with these two over the summer on the BH wing.  Highly recommended to anyone who likes this kind of sponge hardness.

If anyone wants to buy the R50 or R47, both black, both ultramax, send me a PM.  They'll be on ebay next week (moving house soon).

Edited by AndySmith - 04/11/2017 at 8:37am
myrobostation View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrobostation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2017 at 8:55am
For those who are testing Rasanter series, which one is the closest to Tenergy 64?
ojej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2017 at 11:13am
V47
stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

my feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic