FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Anyone tried the Rasanter R50 yet? You guys all seem to be going for the 47!

R50 in ultramax sponge sounds like a beast! Imagine slapping two of those on a Primorac Carbon or TB ALC... Jeez

Yeah, me.  It's crazy.  Super hard, need lumberjack popeye swings to get the most out of it.  R47 is a lot easier to use for non-Conans.
Would love to try it on the backhand :D sounds like my kind of rubber 
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:41pm

Anyone tried the Rasanter R50 yet? You guys all seem to be going for the 47!

R50 in ultramax sponge sounds like a beast! Imagine slapping two of those on a Primorac Carbon or TB ALC... Jeez

Yeah, me.  It's crazy.  Super hard, need lumberjack popeye swings to get the most out of it.  R47 is a lot easier to use for non-Conans.
Would love to try it on the backhand :D sounds like my kind of rubber 

Same here!Big smile

I am actually getting one to try on the backhand within the next week or so.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 9:27pm
I just try 47 R and 47 V

V is hard fast and direct.
R has grabbing feel,spin and stability is very good.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

I just try 47 R and 47 V

V is hard fast and direct.
R has grabbing feel,spin and stability is very good.
Would you say R47 is a T05 clone and V47, T64´s?
Or are Tenergies still superior?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2017 at 6:19pm
crowsfeather..... your signature is nice ;-)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 6:03pm
Finally peeled off the aging sheet of Adidas P7 off the BH side of my Xiom Vega Tour and glued on a black 2.0 sheet of R47.  Keeping in mind that the rubber has not undergone any kind of break in period, my first impressions are that the R47 has a very direct response, but does a better job with a harder hit than with a more delicate shot.  The spin is there, but I don't feel the cushiony sensation of the P7, or rubbers like the Yasaka Rakza series.   I think it's going to take some time to get used to the variation of characteristics, and again, we're talking about a brand new sheet as opposed to one that has seen 7 to 8 months of use.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 6:38pm
R47 is a medium-hard rubber (but softer than MX-P). It's uniqueness among the slew of 47 degree ESN rubbers is that the thin topsheet is easier to deform (making it easier to generate mechanical spin). So, even though the topsheet is very grippy, one should use non-delicate shots to fully utilize R47's capabilities, IMHO.

Works great on composite limba blades.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 6:05pm
I tried V42 2.0 today. It is a light rubber (170x170mm, 61g) that plays similarly to the JP03. Feels a bit like Acuda Blue P2. Good control. Average overall.

I am concerned about how long the spin shall last - that was JP03's weakness.

Don't be fooled by the 'V' moniker: it is slower than the R47. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Regarding durability, my R47 is still going on strong without any visible deterioration. Durable for sure.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:00am
Played another 2 hours with V42 2.0. I can confirm that it is very similar to JP03.

However, it is improved JP03 in that the sponge pores are small. This means that it takes a bit more power to bottom out the V42 (which is good).

Just like JP03, it is not too fast, takes a bit more to spin the ball, it is relatively insensitive to spin and its soft sponge + softish topsheet / medium-low throw make it a very good rubber for me to do a backhand sidespin opening loops (chiquita) with. Not great for punching with (though you can punch with it). Spin at the table is quite good (though, I'd get a better barometer of this after about 3-4 weeks of play).

Another thing I like about the V42 is its excellent short game. It has very low short game bounce (quite amazing given that it is a soft rubber). Much easier to play with in the short game than the R47.

This rubber is good for close to the table play. I haven't played with R42 but my guess is that R42 is better away from the table.

Also, I can't feel any special effects of the thin topsheet here.
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:32am
which one would be the closest to Rakza X soft?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

I haven't tried R42 so I can't comment (otherwise, I'd just say something silly like 'Andro Hexer' if you catch my drift). AndySmith has tried both V42 and R42, I think.

I do know that V42 is a bit different (though hardness level is same) because V42's topsheet is a bit softer and it has a bit lower throw.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

I haven't tried R42 so I can't comment (otherwise, I'd just say something silly like 'Andro Hexer' if you catch my drift). AndySmith has tried both V42 and R42, I think.

I do know that V42 is a bit different (though hardness level is same) because V42's topsheet is a bit softer and it has a bit lower throw.

And I haven't used RXS, so I'd be guessing.  In terms of hardness it's going to be one of the 42s, so I'd say pick the one based on your expectations of throw.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Elpasko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elpasko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 8:32am
Hi,

what is the most similar to the combo - Grip 2,1 + Powersponge 1,9??

R42 + R37
R47 + R37
R47 + R42

...nothing :)

TY,
Jan
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Elpasko Elpasko wrote:

Hi,

what is the most similar to the combo - Grip 2,1 + Powersponge 1,9??

R42 + R37
R47 + R37
R47 + R42

...nothing :)

TY,
Jan

Powersponge is incredibly close to Bluefire JP03, so I'd definitely go for V42 for that.

Grip is trickier.  I don't think R42 is ideal for this (too soft, too much catapult), so it might be V47 (although I haven't used it, so just a guess).
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 9:45pm
Will be interesting to see how this measures up against the Evolution series [specifically the MX-P for me], which has become the go-to / very popular and commercially successful. I like my forehand with the MX-P a lot, but if I have the means and its not unrealistic to think the rubber is an improvement, getting something that's even better / better for your style of play [and mine is a little bit out of the ordinary] is something that's exciting.

Will obviously wait for more reviews in my current situation / maybe try someones when its a bit more widespread as a rubber. If it doesn't catch on / can't try it, MX-P is not a bad rubber to go back on, esp. with its competitive price [115 euro for 4 sheets at Dandoy/TT11]

Also personally, its not difficult to wait for a nice 25% weekly discount and purchase 1, a BH rubber and the new D40+'s and qualify for free shipping!

Edited by Basquests - 05/06/2017 at 9:46pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2017 at 7:41am
rakza x soft max on BH has been too slow on a '93 edition acoustic

Just ordered V47 max red

Edited by mon22 - 05/07/2017 at 7:42am
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:18pm
I'm glad it gets the fatt seal of approval.

Our best club player has switched to R47.  He says that it's given him back the ability to loop from all sorts of awkward positions - below the table, from miles away, extreme angles and so on.  He specifically said that this is the first time he's felt able to do this with a lot of confidence since the plastic ball arrived.  We'll have to see if he sticks with it.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:40pm

I'm glad it gets the fatt seal of approval.

Our best club player has switched to R47.  He says that it's given him back the ability to loop from all sorts of awkward positions - below the table, from miles away, extreme angles and so on.  He specifically said that this is the first time he's felt able to do this with a lot of confidence since the plastic ball arrived.  We'll have to see if he sticks with it.

what he was using before?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I was using all sort of things oh sorry you were asking about the best player of his club...

about you I know
I surprise you still using Vega Pro
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 9:46pm
Andy, can you please tell us what thickness is he using? Thanks

Edited by Chopper88 - 05/08/2017 at 9:47pm
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 2:46am
Just wanted to chime in also. I have a sheet of V47 2.0mm. Very light rubber, even when switching from Mercury 33 degrees you can notice the difference in weight.

Used on BH. Very predictable, very spinny. I switched it over mid tournament and did not have to make any adjustments. Easy to use. Keen to try the R series for forehand now.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

He's using R47, black, ultramax on a Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon.  Previously he was using T05, so he was dead to me.

As much as he's super keen about R47, I'm waiting to hear back from him after he plays competitively in the league with it.  He's pulping the opposition in the club, but he needs to use it in a more stressed environment.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 3:08pm

He's using R47, black, ultramax on a Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon.  Previously he was using T05, so he was dead to me.

As much as he's super keen about R47, I'm waiting to hear back from him after he plays competitively in the league with it.  He's pulping the opposition in the club, but he needs to use it in a more stressed environment.

Thank you , I will ask again , in your option, the R have a bit more spin then the V47?
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 3:36pm

Such love for T05 users lol
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 5:03pm

Thank you , I will ask again , in your option, the R have a bit more spin then the V47?

Yes.  The V isn't bad, but the R is excellent for spin and stability.

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Such love for T05 users lol

It's more of a comedy angst type of thing these days.
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 1:35am
Used V42 2.0 for a couple months on FH, coming from T05 1.9. Wasn't expecting much but it's quite nice actually. Not as overly mushy as I feared (though I used it on a hard blade) and the spin was fine (so I suspect it is more the T64 concept rather than something you would write off as merely a hitter's rubber). More linear and stable than I remember from past ESN, with good mix of control, spin (albeit lower throw), power, yadda yadda. With a recent tournament over with I am going to try R42 for awhile now instead. Unless I try Rozena or something, and based only on trying V42, I could totally see myself settling down with something in the Rasanter range eventually. Too bad they don't have 44 or 45 or so.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 2:16am
As a few have mentioned and you tried yourself, the V topsheet is so soft that even on the 47 degree sponge it doesn't play like a hard rubber.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Too bad they don't have 44 or 45 or so.

Yes, this is a shame.  I guess they might feel that there would be too many options then, but it would be easier to find a direct swap for Rasant Grip if they had 45deg sponges.  There is quite the gulf between R42 and R47 IMO.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 6:23pm
I have R47 ultramax and V42 ultramax available in the For Sale section if anyone wants (1 new R47, 1 new V42, 1 barely used V42 2.0).

\ shameless plug
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 8:27am
i have change from rasant power grip 1.9 fh, rasant grip 1.9, too r47 2.0mm fh,r47 2.0mm bh ,ive  been playing for about 8hours with them,looping, pushes, retuning topspin, serving allgood.my blade  andro triber z really pleased
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic