Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Master Chi-Shan Yeh teaches some lazy kid a lesson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Master Chi-Shan Yeh teaches some lazy kid a lesson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master Chi-Shan Yeh teaches some lazy kid a lesson
    Posted: 03/17/2017 at 7:56pm
Master coach Chi-Shan Yeh teaches some lazy kid a good lesson.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 03/17/2017 at 7:57pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:20pm
That's sounds a little rough, doesn't it? Yes he gave away his lead in that last set, but managed to pick it up again and was a little unlucky in the end.
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:07pm
Is this a sales pitch? Master Coach Yeh for sale?
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:14pm
dan_can View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_can Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:34pm
I honestly think the kid is better.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 3:32pm
That lazy kid with zero footwork relies on his modern expensive equipment to smash the ball and win easy points.

Master Yeh, on the contrary, relies on his skills and superb physical shape to outplay the youngster. Great win!

Edited by ChichoFicho - 03/18/2017 at 3:33pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by dan_can dan_can wrote:

at eating hamburgers perhaps yeah
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 3:49pm

======================
True.
No doubt in my mind.
Master Yeh just lucked out.  Master Yeh is not going to be that lucky next time.

skip3119
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

======================
True.
No doubt in my mind.
Master Yeh just lucked out.  Master Yeh is not going to be that lucky next time.

I think Master Yeh clearly underestimated the goofy kid. He thought he would beat him without having to sweat. Next time they play it will be an easy win for master Yeh,
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

I think Master Yeh clearly underestimated the goofy kid. He thought he would beat him without having to sweat. Next time they play it will be an easy win for master Yeh,
=======================
Welcome to have a different opinion, you may very well be right - even though I see it differently.
Master Yeh seemed to have problems to cover his forehand side when the ball goes to that direction - either lack of anticipation or slow feet. That's what I see.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/18/2017 at 6:31pm
skip3119
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 7:45pm

at least he serves properly, he didn't look lazy to me
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 8:54pm
I feel Tseng was a bit casual; laid back, having to play an old man.
If Tseng had step two gears, I think 'Master Yeh' would have lost 3 - 0. 
OTOH, if I play 'Master Yeh', he will beat me 3- 0 or 5 -0 or 7- 0.
No disrespect to 'Master Yeh'; such a good player. I like to watch him play.

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

U kidding right about the kid's serves being properly???

I'm too "lazy" to find that video of that Russian vs the French (new euro champ)) when the Russian lost plenty of points for faulty serve throw, i happened to agree

Well that "lazy"kid does MOST of his serves almost as bad....from extended left arm he throws the ball in a BIG parabolic like arc with ball landing right on his paddle some 3 feet backwards.....

Can be seen perfectly when he is closer to the camera..

Edited by Tuly007 - 03/19/2017 at 12:30am
still testing

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Tuly007 Tuly007 wrote:

Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

U kidding right about the kid's serves being properly???

I'm too "lazy" to find that video of that Russian vs the French (new euro champ)) when the Russian lost plenty of points for faulty serve throw, i happened to agree

Well that "lazy"kid does MOST of his serves almost as bad....from extended left arm he throws the ball in a BIG parabolic like arc with ball landing right on his paddle some 3 feet backwards.....

Can be seen perfectly when he is closer to the camera..

Great observation there! In recent years, it is mostly the  kids trying to cheat with the serve. At least that's my impression.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 10:20am
if Master Yeh plays like in the later part of game 5 thru out the kid would have had no chance - he does not seem to have the tools to initiate the attack in that match.
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 11:19am
Congrats to yeh for the comeback. However, is serve is sort of questionable. He holds the ball a little bit to far behind the white line and tosses to himself. 
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 11:24am
The master seems to have forgotten about this rule on his high toss serves:

2.06.05 As soon as the ball has been projected, the server’s free arm and hand shall be removed from the space between the ball and the net. 
The space between the ball and the net is defined by the ball, the net and its indefinite upward extension. 

Wink
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 12:10pm
Why OP saying the kid is a lzy kid is beyond me Dead
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 12:17pm
The traditional pen-hold players are all very strong on their FH side. They all love their opponents sending the balls to their FH side.

Look all those balls coming to Master Yeh's FH side and look what happened.

Just don't think he can beat the kid easily next time when they meet.  My money is on that kid.
(You may have different opinion.)

Edited by skip3119 - 03/19/2017 at 12:20pm
skip3119
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 2:02pm
Nice Match but why "master"? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Nice Match but why "master"? 
 He is one of the best players in his age group in Taiwan and is particularly renowned for his strong backhand punch
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 3:30am
What I learn from this vid >

The more modern game and 'young'power give the kid a bit of adventage over Jpen master. The kid seem decent but a lot more to learn. His serve compare to Jpen Master us totally difference in aspect of variation and placement. 

Still, he got wreck by excitement of 9-3, 2 more points to finish, he is capable of that, but nervously wreck his game when Jpen master get his point back.

1. Improve this kid mental strength, he not focusing at all when loosing.
 Look at his face at 9-5 9-6 9-7. LOL!!!
2. He should learn more of serve receive and serve deception.
3. Foot work
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 10:05pm
Master: I don't see anything master.
Lazy kid; I don't see anything lazy. He is pretty active. Lot of good loops as he footworked to loop from bh corner. Recieve serves early on rising, some drop shots & some aggressive push. Only major weak spots were in his BH. Blocks/counter and loops. Experience players will place on fh once and play to his bh.
Btw. This kid will get better in 6mo or a year and easily beat what so call master here.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 10:32pm
That "lazy" kid used to be on the youth national team of Chinese Taipei.

Seriously?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2017 at 7:27am
Kid is good but quite lazy and a notch on the fat side. It is remarkable however that he made master Yeh sweat.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/08/2017 at 7:28am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2017 at 2:33am
Well I don't see a 'lazy kid' at all, just a decent player, the 'master' also needs to sort out his wide f/hand weakness (Though I suspect age is the problem there!) he also leaves his free arm in the line of ball flight for far too long and gained considerable advantage by doing it. They are both very good players.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 3:59am
Many people underestimated master Yeh. Jorg Rosskopf barely escaped at the 1/2 final stage at the World Vets.

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 11:55am
Another good match but at 7-1 in the 5th there was only ever going to be one winner. That 5th game there was simply no answer really from "Master" Yeh. He played pretty strong in game 4 when Jorg seemed to let off the gas a bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic