Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skyline TG2 NEO dead after 3 sessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skyline TG2 NEO dead after 3 sessions
    Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:36pm
Recently I put tg2 neo 2.1mm on yinhe mc-2 (my standard blade) and played 3 sets match with 2 min warm up and rubber was hard and fast on big swings, high throw, and I liked all of this. I played very well. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.3 seconds.
Few days after this I played tournament  (I dont practice anymore), 4 matches, rubber seems like lost hardness and speed little bit but still was very good on big swings. I played well. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.3 seconds.
Few days after I played tournament, noticed less hardness and speed, but I used full body swings and still played well, but noticed better opponents block and punch my loops. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.1 seconds.
Few days after, new tournament, almost no tack, rubber has undefined throw angle, and I have troubles to loop, either ball is in net or too long, everyone punch my loop, so I have to use bh much more. I played very bad ofcourse.

All this time I carefully remove any dust from rubber, put plastic sheet on it between matches. I was angry because t05 last only 3 months, but tg2 lasts only for 2 weeks ShockedShockedShocked

My level is good recreative player/lower official league, play with lot of looping.

Rubber is from tt11. 

Anyone has similar (or opposite) experiences with this rubber?
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Recently I put tg2 neo 2.1mm on yinhe mc-2 (my standard blade) and played 3 sets match with 2 min warm up and rubber was hard and fast on big swings, high throw, and I liked all of this. I played very well. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.3 seconds.
Few days after this I played tournament  (I dont practice anymore), 4 matches, rubber seems like lost hardness and speed little bit but still was very good on big swings. I played well. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.3 seconds.
Few days after I played tournament, noticed less hardness and speed, but I used full body swings and still played well, but noticed better opponents block and punch my loops. Rubber can lift ball from table for 0.1 seconds.
Few days after, new tournament, almost no tack, rubber has undefined throw angle, and I have troubles to loop, either ball is in net or too long, everyone punch my loop, so I have to use bh much more. I played very bad ofcourse.

All this time I carefully remove any dust from rubber, put plastic sheet on it between matches. I was angry because t05 last only 3 months, but tg2 lasts only for 2 weeks ShockedShockedShocked

My level is good recreative player/lower official league, play with lot of looping.

Rubber is from tt11. 

Anyone has similar (or opposite) experiences with this rubber?

Two weeks sounds abnormally short, but depending on how much you played it isn't impossible. I had my TG3 Neo for about a month when I noticed the quality of shots took a noticeable decline. Easy shots were going off the end of the table, the rubber felt quite dead, etc. After that I decided to boost it with Haifu Seamoon and the results were nothing short of spectacular. I know boosting can be an expensive and messy affair, but it was 100% worth it for me personally. If you've been cleaning it properly and putting plastic on it I highly doubt it lost any noticeable amount of tack. 

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:25pm
Not quite sure about this, humid weather???
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 5:45pm
If you got 3 sessions out of DHS rubber thats about 3 more than I have ever gotten from a DHS inverted rubber. CongratsClap
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 5:13am
tbh I thought TG2 never played well, soaked in Dian Chi, or seamoon, or transmission fluid. 

TG3 on the other hand, I've experienced that. Perfect from about 3rd session for 2 weeks or so, and then rubbish. 

Stick to good ol' H3 mate :) 
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 4:35pm
I had h3 once, couldn't send incoming non-backspin ball on other side even after several sessions :)
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 10:02am
Is there some rubber which would behave like new tg2? Hard, non-bouncy? What you think of xiom something china?
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 11:08am
I hesitate to give any advice here.  You say you can't use H3 at all, and you found TG2N unplayable after 2 weeks - which could just be you breaking the rubber in.  I'm tempted to say that you should stay away from hard, tacky rubbers.

But FWIW - I'm really enjoying Tibhar Hybrid K1+ at the moment.  A little less demanding than unboosted H3N, modern sponge, ESN quality control, cheap from ttnpp.  I much prefer it to earlier tacky ESN attempts like Xiom Tau or Palio Thors.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 11:53am
That was my thoughts also; the rubber was played to the point of break in.  It's actually how the rubber normally should play.  The initial "dead" state is not the way it should play.  

Hybrid K1+ is a great substitute, but it is like DHS rubber that is already broken in and moderately boosted. On my sample, the ball would not cling upside down at all, but grip and high throw remained excellent even after daily play for 2 months.   At two months, it was still good.  I just wanted to try H3 National again, my favorite DHS rubber.  H3 National is truly exceptional rubber, especially on my Hyper Touch.   But given a choice now, I would pick Hybrid K1+.   I think players that like OVA would like Hybrid K1+ too.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by onehander onehander wrote:

I think players that like OVA would like Hybrid K1+ too.

Yeah, this is the switch I've made - OVA to K1.  And I'm really enjoying it.  Just have to hope that we can still get stocks of it in the future.  Don't like relying on ttnpp or taobao agents long-term.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 4:35pm
gotta break those rubbers in. and gotta keep the rubber free from dust.

i gota blue sponged tg2 from prott recently (80usd, sue me couldnt find any cheaper bluesponged ones)
anyway the rubber plays very well. initial tack is humongous most ive ever experienced 
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 7:34pm
ok, could be that break in period is few sessions. Do you think my blade affects overall performance? Blade is very flexy, and relatively soft, galaxy mc-2. Maybe tg2 goes better with other types of blades?

Anyway rubber was in my opinion much better before break in, slow on serve receive and very fast on hard swing. Just for my playing style. 

If there is rubber which behave like non broken tg2, but for long time, I'd buy it immediately.

Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 8:00pm
i have some H3 sheets i can use for 6-7 weeks and some for 2 weeks max...varies
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 10:31pm
Generally chinese rubbers last a long time. I have had my Hurricane 3 Neo for about 3 months now and the spin and grip is still amazing. Normally i clean my rubbers with a solution of a little bit of alcohol with water mixed in to help it evaporate easier. Also, it is usually recommended to boost chinese rubbers to make them more "elastic", due to the hard sponge. 
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 11:45pm
I use TG3 neo. Played for few months until one day it became Oxidised. Lost its tackiness.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2017 at 12:07am
If you like TG2 before break in, then you like the sponge when it's harder.  

Get H3 provincial at 41 degrees.  Wipe with clean water and cover with a protector sheet after each use to regenerate the tackiness.   It's a pain, but that's how you retain the tack. 
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2017 at 3:01am
I used TG2 NEO for a couple years before switching to H3 NEO.  Like everyone else has said so far, I am assuming you are not boosting TG2 NEO, and that what you are experiencing is the rubber breaking-in.  

If you don't like the broken in feel, maybe consider the non-NEO version of TG2?  It feels harder and plays deader initially than the NEO TG2.  Once the non-NEO TG2 breaks in, it will feel more like what the TG2 NEO feels like fresh out of the package.

However I'd like to comment that if you don't boost you are missing out on the amazing capabilities that the rubber has to offer!  Wink
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2017 at 9:40am
I suppose boosting will make rubber even softer and slower on hard shots?
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I suppose boosting will make rubber even softer and slower on hard shots?

Softer, but certainly not slower!  
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
cpen74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpen74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 10:19am
Which booster is recommended for TG2 Neo? And which booster effect lasts for the longest time?
seamon? falco long? other?

Edited by cpen74 - 05/11/2017 at 10:20am
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 1:36pm
Take a look in this thread:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78711&title=test-chop4evers-reviver-phoenix-and-more

I personally try this booster and it did not make my rubber softer rather crisp and perky :).
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 6:13pm
I only tried seamoon on it but the effect is absolutely crazy.
Don't use more than 2 layers or it becomes so fast that you won't be able to control it.
Throw will become lower, hardness will decrease slightly and spin stays about the same.
I used three layers and it is easily the fastest rubber I ever played with.
Don't boost it if you intend to put it on a fast carbon blade!Confused
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 2:14am
After my initial dissapointment with rubber breaking, I put this rubber on fh on viscaria blade and it's not so bad, I'd even say it' pretty good. Not fast until you swing hard.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 4:33am
I have started this topic: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79069&PN=1#978971
Please join in if you are interested in.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2017 at 8:52am
My neos can never lift a ball off the table and long lost its extreme tackiness, but I still love it... After breaking in, the sponge becomes a lot more lively and your blocks start to become amazing because it becomes less sensitive to spin and more controllable. I play it on a 7 ply blade (DHS PG7) though which I think offers some amazing feeling for the ball. Could be just me though, I value control a lot more than power because power is never a big concern at my lowly level, it's consistency and control that matters the most.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I used TG2 NEO for a couple years before switching to H3 NEO.  Like everyone else has said so far, I am assuming you are not boosting TG2 NEO, and that what you are experiencing is the rubber breaking-in.  

If you don't like the broken in feel, maybe consider the non-NEO version of TG2?  It feels harder and plays deader initially than the NEO TG2.  Once the non-NEO TG2 breaks in, it will feel more like what the TG2 NEO feels like fresh out of the package.

However I'd like to comment that if you don't boost you are missing out on the amazing capabilities that the rubber has to offer!  Wink

This.

I play with TG2 NEO on FH and tough it out for 2 weeks with a new sheet until it breaks in.

You could try Non-NEO TG2 but I think that H3 41 is probably closer to what you might enjoy.

Also, what you said about viscaria sounds right.

Edited by icontek - 05/14/2017 at 9:41pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 5:45pm
of course, after two weeks playing with tg2 on viscaria, it become dead again...
Will I ever find rubber which can be consistant for 4 months?
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 5:59pm
I think you should try to define what you consider 'dead'.
Nobody of us here except you has had durability issues with this rubber.
Mine is well over a year old and has not decreased much in performance.
Maybe it's the factory tuning effect that wears of and in that case you should consider boosting.

Edited by Hozuki - 05/28/2017 at 6:01pm
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2017 at 10:35am
dead - no spring, and speed and spin is less then rubber was new. At the begining when I jump around bh and make good fast fh loop, ball is fast with low bounce, opponents cant return this. When rubber dead , this type of loop is not possible, ball is slower, arc is higher- opponents punch smash it.

For people who used speed glue once, dead is for example sriver fx after two weeks from last gluing.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2017 at 12:27pm
Put a couple layers of falco long booster on it. With DHS rubbers I use their cleaner after every session and keep protective film on when not in use

Edited by jpenmaster - 05/29/2017 at 12:29pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic