FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Camera Positioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camera Positioning
    Posted: 04/24/2017 at 9:28pm
When recording a righty-lefty match, where should one position the camera? I prefer the view angled to the forehand court of the near-side player. So when I recently played a lefty, I moved my camera from one side to the other when we changed ends. The match went 5 games, so I also moved the camera (as quickly as possible) in the middle of the 5th. 

Another issue. In a venue where courts are relatively close and not separated with barriers, players often creep into their neighbor's courtspace to retrieve a ball. There didn't seem to be a space to avoid a neighboring court player from blocking the view since the recording is from an angle. This short video shows how a nice exchange almost got ruined - only the final stroke was blocked.

Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 11:53pm
That's a good angle and even better rally. I finally got my tripod and camera and have been experimenting with angles too and it all depends on the club size/space available.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic