Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[VIDEO]Nittaku Hammond FA and Rakza PO Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [VIDEO]Nittaku Hammond FA and Rakza PO Review
    Posted: 04/30/2017 at 4:44pm
Thank you to Tabletennis11.com for providing me with the equipment for this review and to their CEO Sergei Petrov for responding and providing feedback.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Thank you!

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Sponsored Links

tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 5:34am
Thank you very much for your video! :)
Warmes wishes to you from the TT11 office! 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 5:05pm
English and Portuguese subtitles are available.
Legendas em Inglês e Português estão disponíveis.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 9:18pm
Interesting.  The bearded guy in the video (nice beard, BTW) talks as though he knows what he's talking about about the strengths and weakness of Nittaku Hammond FA short pips with sponge (strengths:  occasional backhand close to the table counterattacking, bh chop blocking, bh chopping, weakness:  (ooh, not good, can't play at mid-distance with the stuff).

I'm wondering, however, why Nittaku would choose to name a rubber after a rust belt city in northern Indiana's "da regiun", bordering Whiting, Gary and East Chicago.  Perhaps for us old timers who actually used to live near there Nittaku might be so kind as to favor us with a special cloth backed orthodox short pipped rubber named Hammond IN (for Indiana).  Now that would be something I, not a Hoosier since 1957 but hoping that Nittaku could produce a rubber in red and black with properties close to Leyland should I in my left-handed dotage want to go up against a mid-level elderly spongeslinger playing either combo or inverted both sides, would eagerly look forward to.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/04/2017 at 9:24pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 11:09pm
I'm glad you like my beard
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Thank you to Tabletennis11.com for providing me with the equipment for this review and to their CEO Sergei Petrov for responding and providing feedback.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Thank you!

hi general what sp so you recomend that is medium spin and low throw?
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 2:39am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Interesting.  The bearded guy in the video (nice beard, BTW) talks as though he knows what he's talking about about the strengths and weakness of Nittaku Hammond FA short pips with sponge (strengths:  occasional backhand close to the table counterattacking, bh chop blocking, bh chopping, weakness:  (ooh, not good, can't play at mid-distance with the stuff).

I'm wondering, however, why Nittaku would choose to name a rubber after a rust belt city in northern Indiana's "da regiun", bordering Whiting, Gary and East Chicago.  Perhaps for us old timers who actually used to live near there Nittaku might be so kind as to favor us with a special cloth backed orthodox short pipped rubber named Hammond IN (for Indiana).  Now that would be something I, not a Hoosier since 1957 but hoping that Nittaku could produce a rubber in red and black with properties close to Leyland should I in my left-handed dotage want to go up against a mid-level elderly spongeslinger playing either combo or inverted both sides, would eagerly look forward to.

"Nice video, but let me run my mouth about hardbat for a sec"
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 8:59am
(IanMcg)  "Nice video, but let me run my mouth about hardbat for a sec"

There is never an inappropriate time to run one's (my) mouth off about hardbat.

A second would be quantumly insufficient for me or anyone else to extol the glory that was and in a newer guise still is hardbat.

As for Hammond FA, let's hope ditat deus.  And He'd better, because I'd be willing to wager that latest tribute to the wonders of technology doesn't sell for chump change.

Joe Blatt

P.S.:  You need not use quotation marks, especially when attributing to me something that I didn't say.  That's not what quotation marks are for.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/05/2017 at 9:39am
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Friendship 802 and Stiga Clippa are the benchmarks for that. Though, I feel as if you already knew that bbkon.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 3:03pm
Hammond FA is probably the best rubber for counter hitting and smashing the ball over the table. It reminds me of the old Resilon. The best rubber for the penhold style!

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 5:03pm

Friendship 802 and Stiga Clippa are the benchmarks for that. Though, I feel as if you already knew that bbkon.

clippa is too easy to play against like smooth. I was thinking about tyranno o something less spinny
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Hammond FA is probably the best rubber for counter hitting and smashing the ball over the table. It reminds me of the old Resilon. The best rubber for the penhold style!

old version?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 1:42am

Maybe Hammond FA speed like what you have in your signature right now but regular Hammond FA is pretty slow like I said in my review.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 3:07pm

old version?
yes
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 3:09pm

Maybe Hammond FA speed like what you have in your signature right now but regular Hammond FA is pretty slow like I said in my review.

Actually, with a huge swing on a hard blade like Senkoh 5 Hammond FA is faster than FA Speed.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 4:24pm

Actually, with a huge swing on a hard blade like Senkoh 5 Hammond FA is faster than FA Speed.

I don't see how that's possible when FA Speed has a harder and faster sponge.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 2:47pm
Great Review GeneralSpecific!  I've been thinking of trying Rakza PO on FH, but haven't found any free time yet.  Maybe do your next video with other short pips as well?  Thank you for this video.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Great Review GeneralSpecific!  I've been thinking of trying Rakza PO on FH, but haven't found any free time yet.  Maybe do your next video with other short pips as well?  Thank you for this video.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it and that I could help out. So after watching the review, do you think you will be trying it?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 8:29pm
Yes, possibly.  Likely will try it on my forehand.  But not sure when, as I got a big tourney coming up next weekend and I will be taking a few months off table tennis after that due to a family matter.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 11:09pm

Yes, possibly.  Likely will try it on my forehand.  But not sure when, as I got a big tourney coming up next weekend and I will be taking a few months off table tennis after that due to a family matter.

I see. Sounds like after your break from table tennis might be a good opportunity.

I probably will not do a review for it but SpinLord Waran 2 is coming out very soon and it looks promising. It's the same topsheet with a harder and even faster sponge. Regular Waran is already blazing fast on the right blade but Waran 2 seems like it will be SpinLord's most powerful pip yet and quickest rubber they have overall.

Most people prefer a harder sponge on their forehand so Waran 2 would probably be a better fit for most forehands.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2017 at 12:52am

I see. Sounds like after your break from table tennis might be a good opportunity.

I probably will not do a review for it but SpinLord Waran 2 is coming out very soon and it looks promising. It's the same topsheet with a harder and even faster sponge. Regular Waran is already blazing fast on the right blade but Waran 2 seems like it will be SpinLord's most powerful pip yet and quickest rubber they have overall.

Most people prefer a harder sponge on their forehand so Waran 2 would probably be a better fit for most forehands.

great news general!you should have your youtube channel testing new pips
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2017 at 6:18pm

great news general!you should have your youtube channel testing new pips

Well, at the time of this writing I currently do not use pips. I'm also pretty sure I will never seriously use pips on my forehand for as long as I live. However, for my backhand, who knows what the future holds.

Should a sheet of Waran 2 be provided to me like Hammond FA and Rakza PO were provided, I would be happy to test it. However, since it is the same topsheet but with a harder sponge and since I only use pips on my backhand, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I like the original Waran because of Waran's soft sponge. I have a strong preference for softer sponges on my backhand especially when it comes to pips.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic