FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mark V Break In

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 2:07pm
A couple of comments: 
-the price of a product, table tennis rubber in this case, is determined by one thing and one thing only: how much are people willing to pay for it.  
-how much it costs to make factors in the decision on whether the manufacturers should make it, but not all that much in the price.

As far as value for the money goes, unless quality and durability of inexpensive Chinese rubbers has changed dramatically in the last couple of year, Mark V at $30 per sheet is a lot less expensive that anything coming out to China once you factor in how long it lasts, how consistent the topsheet is and how many Chinese rubbers you have to go through to find one that works well.

I used to play with H2 Neo and H3 Neo.  I gave up because of how much effort was involved in replacing sheets.  I'd have buy a bunch and try every single one to get a few that played the way I wanted them to.

When I switched to Tenergy and ESN rubbers, I did not have to be concerned with what the next sheet will play like.  I bought a stack of MX-S rubbers and tested them.  Black and red play differently, but all black sheets play very similarly to each other and all red sheets play very similarly to each other.  Same with the Tenergies.

I bet if a major cataclysm destroyed all the rubber factories in the world and only the place that makes Mark V was left, the overall playing level just about everywhere would be about the same after a three month adjustment period (and all the equipment junkies, with me leading the charge, would probably have to go on Prozac). 

ILya

Edited by koshkin - 05/21/2017 at 2:08pm
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

If you paid $30+ for Mark V, my only suggestion is seek help from doctor. 

And let your wife take care of family money.

Froggy... buddy, i cant but agree with victor..   

What happened to you?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

If you paid $30+ for Mark V, my only suggestion is seek help from doctor. 

And let your wife take care of family money.

Froggy... buddy, i cant but agree with victor..   

What happened to you?

Oh hi debraj, I know I'm must be stuck in the dark ages. Must be something about that alluring deep red color, the fact it lasts longer than me and that I can still score points on a regular basis. My service return is better and I can still give you my loop from hell. Being in the realm of old fart land guess it kinda suits me. I spoke to my Dr. concerning this and she said it's great to have so many supportive friends.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic