FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Suss Hinoki Off replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Suss Hinoki Off replacement
    Posted: 05/20/2017 at 9:26am
Bit of help from the blade guru's would be cool please...

I've recently broken from Donic OTC and a friend lent me a very old and slightly beaten up Andro Suss Hinoki Off ST handle Blade while I sorted out a replacement.

I picked it up and glued on my barracuda and bluefire and all I can say is I loved the extra feeling of all wood and hinoki it's also not slow and allows me to topspin, block and drive with much more power without losing control and landing balls. The ST handle is thick and feels great. I've been playing for a month now with it (My mates a good lad and says no rush to get the blade back to him) .

Problem is they don't make it anymore.

The blade is made up of hinoki - ayous - ayous - ayous - hinoki

Anyone know of a similar blade being in production now and a supplier?

cheers

GZ
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 10:10am
ghostzen....your journey to find one that is like the discontinued andro blade.....could be long and hard and possibly expensive. 

But, if you tell us many more details about your play style and then exactly what you like about the way the blade feels, performs, and what rubbers you use......you will quickly get closer to possible blade choices. 

This could be slightly hard though unless you can get feedback from someone that has used that blade or another with the same layer structure.   

Good luck my friend, hinoki top plys are very addicting to me, but several of the ones I have tried did not make the cut of what I was looking for in feel and performance. 

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 10:20am
Cheers Rich

Play style is mostly topspin drive on both sides, and block punch backhand sometimes. I play close to the table but need enough power to play mid distance sometimes. Tend to play a very varied topspin game. I need something that is not stupid fast as control is important on return and service. The thicker handle is really good for me on the Andro and the Hinoki feeling is power and sweetspot for me. if that makes sense

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 10:46am
maybe Rossi Emotion ..
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Cheers Rich

Play style is mostly topspin drive on both sides, and block punch backhand sometimes. I play close to the table but need enough power to play mid distance sometimes. Tend to play a very varied topspin game. I need something that is not stupid fast as control is important on return and service. The thicker handle is really good for me on the Andro and the Hinoki feeling is power and sweetspot for me. if that makes sense

Your play style indicates hinioki is good for you....Thumbs Up  You are probably close to what I like in a blade as well with my play style. Buy the sounds of your words "not something stupid fast", tells me you may like one of the Nittaku S-series blades, S-5, or maybe S-7. Stay tuned to my quick review/opinions on the Nittaku (Soulspin made) S-7.   Just got it and will play a couple times by next friday to get the first decent feel and reply back about it in the Nittaku S-5 review thread.  
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 11:31am
Conilleau Hinotec Off- (hinoki - limba - ayous)
Joola Wing Fast (hinoki - ayous - kiri)
cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 1:22pm
Joola wing fast is a nice blade.
The St handle is comfortable.
SDC custom st
FH G-1 max
BH Evolution FX-S 1.9
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 2:26pm
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 6:32pm
I have a friend who probably still has one if your interested 
PM me
Dr Cho
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 8:06pm
cheers Dr.Cho and Magic_M but i'm trying to find a blade still in production as I would need 2 1 main and 1 backup. 
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 10:31pm
I would totally agree with Rich that you should check out the S-5 by Nittaku.  He and I both have one and both of us have stated it is the best or one of the best 5ply we have ever played. I play exactly the style you describe for yourself and the S-5 is perfect for that. Plenty of speed and wonderful control.  It plays like hinoki, but this 5ply by soulspin is really quite a special combination I think.
You could watch for Rich's S-7 review but I'm sure the S-5 would be great for you too.  Joe
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 2:57pm
Cheers JoeB i'll have a look at the S-5 i've a few more competitive matches to play this year with the Android then going to pick a few blades to try with over the break. What's the ST handle like on the S-5 btw? The andro is pretty thick and I really like it. 

Cheers GZ 
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:36pm
If I remember right the andro has a  thicker balsa core.

are you looking for a balsa core blade or something along the same speed?
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 5:44pm
something along the same speed with the same or similar build would be ideal. 
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 5:59pm
If you go back and read some of the earlier posts on this thread I give some detail on the St handle on the S-5.
            BBC Hinoki

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 6:34pm
Hi JoeB i've just been reading the thread and your comments on the handle which seem right up my street. The S5 ...or S7 which sounds like it has a bit more power...Or get both and see which is best for me.
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 7:09pm
Rich should have a review up pretty soon for you on the S-7.
            BBC Hinoki

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 7:36pm
cheers JoeB i'll definitely keep an eye out for it.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 5:38pm
I'm not aware of any other blade having the same Hinoki-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Hinoki construction of the Andro Süss Kinetic Hinoki blades.

Animus Diana 5 has a Cedar-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Cedar construction. The playing characteristics of Cedar and Hinoki are very similar. You should still check the thickness of the whole blade and of the single plies, though, to see how close you can expect the blades to be. You can find some high-res pictures at Tabletennis11. They also have a 30-days no-questions-asked return policy. Customer pays return shipment, but if you're based in UK, that should not be very expensive.

Joola Wing Fast, as already suggested, is also similar but has a Kiri core: Hinoki-Ayous-Kiri-Ayous-Hinoki.

The Nittaku S-5 is a 5-ply all-Spruce blade. Not sure about the composition of the S-7.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic