Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a great FH spinny/tacky Tensor rubber
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a great FH spinny/tacky Tensor rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a great FH spinny/tacky Tensor rubber
    Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:32am
my current setup is a H8 hard / MXP on Axelo.

MXP is very fast and not enough dwell time to generate a tremendous spin when I loop
H8 hard is not a tensor and requires much more energy to generate spin (its harder to play than MXP)

I was considering the EL-P but thats just like MXP downgraded right?

Please give me your suggestion for a GREAT fh spinny and/or tacky Tensor only rubber.

I might get a new Donic World Champion 89 Persson Off+

but am not 100% sure yet.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Sponsored Links

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:56am
Have you considered H8 mid?
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 4:01am
no, want a tensor rubber, i dont like DHS.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 5:37am
The most spinny tensor rubbers nowadays are the the tibhar mx-s. But i didn't tried the new rasanter ,came yesterday. All the others are already tried like donic xiom nittaku. ...
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
iacovides View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iacovides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:11pm
Agree with Mickael, MX-S is what matches your description.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:15pm
bty spinart if only you can afford it Tongue
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

bty spinart if only you can afford it Tongue
+1
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 4:00pm
I play with MX-S on the FH for exactly the same reason.

Other tensor rubbers along similar lines, but sticky are Victas VS-402, Xiom Vega China and Xiom Tau (I think Tau was discontinued, but I do not remember off hand).

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Other tensor rubbers along similar lines, but sticky are Victas VS-402, Xiom Vega China and Xiom Tau (I think Tau was discontinued, but I do not remember off hand).

ILya

Tau was amazing close to the table but suffered heavily at mid and long distance. Counterlooping and generally receiving topspin a very low and flat arc which is why it was bad away from the table. It was the greatest Chinese style rubber close to the table but it turned into short pips when you stepped back.

For the OP, Palio Thors should also be considered.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 7:10pm
I play with mx-s on the backhand, great for generating spin. I would say it's slower than mx-p so if you're looking for a "less springy" rubber that has longer dwell time I would say that mx-s is better than mx-p.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

Tau was amazing close to the table but suffered heavily at mid and long distance. Counterlooping and generally receiving topspin a very low and flat arc which is why it was bad away from the table. It was the greatest Chinese style rubber close to the table but it turned into short pips when you stepped back.

For the OP, Palio Thors should also be considered.

I forgot about Thors.  Yes, that would also work well.

I am not sure I agree that Tau suffered away from the table.  I did not have any problems with it off the table, but then again it is very style dependent.  I originally learned to play with Avalox Purot which was essentially nuclear flypaper.  Once you figure out how to make that go from longer distance away from the table everything else is not that big a deal.

One thing that was interesting with Tau was that it was faster on springier blades than on technically bouncier hard blades.  Off the table, it worked nicely on the old Stiga Alround that I was playing with off the table.  However, it suffered on a stiff BBC blade I also tried it on.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 3:33am
I think your rubbers are great, just the blade is too fast for mx-p and too stiff for hurricanes. Or too fast for you ;)

p.s. I saw what you were selling. Just try H8 on XVP, I think it would be better setup.

Regards.

Edited by BaiMile - 05/22/2017 at 3:35am
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 7:09am
You can try Stiga genesis M very good spin .
Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic