Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Kokutaku Special JPen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zeroencore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kokutaku Special JPen
    Posted: 07/22/2017 at 5:46am
I present you the Kokutaku Special JPen, bought it from Taiwan, measured weight is 90g, thickness 10mm, blade size 162 x 133mm, which is close to BTY Cypress Max size, the grain is apparent, no white edge, and oil from the Kiso Hinoki wood itself penetrates to the surface, which is quite wonderful Smile.    

It appears to have more gears than Darker Speed 90, 70, or even beats my 3 nos. year 2015 BTY custom order JPen. Once again, I believe old wood is generally better than new one, of course, I am quite lucky to have this blade.

BTY Special + T64
Feedback
Sponsored Links

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2017 at 11:21am
I never get tired of looking hinoki jpen blades.
Congrats for your acquisition!
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 8:12am
Did you get it from the physical store when travelling to Taiwan, or did you order online? if so, where?
Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 8:14am
Wow! Very nice looking Jpen Zero! Congrats!

How does the top-end speed compare to the Darker Speed 90 and your BTY Cypress Max? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 12:54am
I order online. It is already out of stock. The blade itself is a bit like BTY cypress max, though bouncing sound, feel is different.It is relatively hard compared to Darker Speed 90, I do not like darker, darker blade will somehow show decrement in performance with time, even for the top line product Speed 90.

Edited by zeroencore - 07/26/2017 at 1:07am
BTY Special + T64
Feedback
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 12:39am
Nice bold tight growth lines.
zeroencore, can you post a full frontal ? LOL I wish to have a look at the face of the blade.
Just to make a clear, you said you bought it online from Taiwan, can you confirm where it was made; Japan or Taiwan or elsewhere.
I have this impression that one may be able to find some of these 'jewels' in Hong Kong itself, any comment ?
Do you also by any chance have a Kokutaku 'Hero Special' in your possession/ collection ? if yes, can you post ?
You also mentioned that the Kokutaku blade is harder compared to S90, have you any chance to compare it with the 'hy' version of S90 ?
Thanks

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Nice bold tight growth lines.
zeroencore, can you post a full frontal ? LOL I wish to have a look at the face of the blade.
Just to make a clear, you said you bought it online from Taiwan, can you confirm where it was made; Japan or Taiwan or elsewhere.
I have this impression that one may be able to find some of these 'jewels' in Hong Kong itself, any comment ?
Do you also by any chance have a Kokutaku 'Hero Special' in your possession/ collection ? if yes, can you post ?
You also mentioned that the Kokutaku blade is harder compared to S90, have you any chance to compare it with the 'hy' version of S90 ?
Thanks

penholderxxx

The KKT Special is made in Japan for sure. Else there is no J.T.T.A.A engraved to the side of blade, not for Taiwan, Korea, China made. In HK, there are a lot of collectors, some even have blue printing KTS Red, cypress special 3600, 5678, 6500, 8500. They just simply collect not for sale, they are not short of money, so it is somehow depends on luck that you can get a good blade, or you know that guy really well. I don't have Hero Special, so no comments. 

I am no fan of Darker speed series, and I am not interested on Hy-blade 90 in which the manufacturer claims to be in production once in a while. First production I knew was produced around year 2010, following by year 2017 2nd batch production. If you think logically, this is somehow marketing gimmick, as BTY Special Order has been very successful, everyone want to a share of profits. Believe it or not, up to you. 

BTY Special + T64
Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic