Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

low price BH rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low price BH rubber
    Posted: 07/23/2017 at 11:21am
I'm using skyline3-60 mid hard (37 deg),

I'd like a softer rubber with a bigger throw angle. 

With the skyline 3-60 is difficult to drive and active blocking, and very difficult to loop backspin ball with backhand.

Is there any rubber with these qualities that is cheap / chinese? 

Im thinking of some Chinese rubber that try to imitate the Tenergy 64 rubber.

I was using mid soft rubber, bluefire m2 and rasanter v42, had no problems with these rubbers, but I want something cheaper.

thanks.
Sponsored Links

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 11:50am
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/top-rubber/throw_angle-desc.html

4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 2:17pm
bump
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 3:12pm
Focus III Snipe by 729 used to be recommended often as a cheap Bh rubber.  I do not think it is anywhere near Tenergy  64, but it is soft, light, and cheap.  I am no expert on throw angle, but I do not remember it being especially low throw.   

Good luck in your search.

Mark - World's worst TT rubber authority
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 8:11am
Will second mjamja. 

Personally prefer ESN rubbers on the BH due to the tensor-kicks. 
However if you are looking for a LIGHT, SOFT and relatively CHEAP Chinese BH rubber then yes. Focus III Snipe is a good choice. 

Beware while cutting the rubber to fit your blade though, somewhat crumbles due to the softness. Use rounded edge T.T. scissors or a very Sharp Pen knife! :) 
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 9:09am
Mercury 2.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 10:26am
Rubbers that are marketed to rival the Tenergies are:

Sanwei T-88 series
Yinhe Moon, Moon Speed, Moon Pro, Sun, Mars II

of the ones above I've only ever tried Moon.
It's faster (for a Chinese rubber) but has a non-tacky topsheet. Higher throw that can't generate as much spin as normal Chinese rubbers but the plus side is it's very unreactive to spin so you can hit and loop through anything.

The Yinhe rubbers have different pip structures though. I believe the T-88 series emulate the large pips of the Tenergies.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 4:34pm
Funny, now I'm somewhat in the same boat, I thought TG3-60 would be a nice BH rubber since I liked the TG2Neo boosted on BH, but thought it was just a bit too hard and too tacky for BH.

Had a training session with it today, and I am very disappointed. As a hybrid rubber, I was hoping it would have the benefits of chinese topsheet and euro sponge, respectively, but I find that it is rather a combination of their drawbacks, neither enough speed nor spin. Especially lacks power, even on a OFF++ composite flexy blade. Extremely low throw angle, especially on power shots. Doesn't excel at anything. I might try severly boosting it, but I don't think there is any hope for it to stay on my blade.

I recommended you Mercury II which I will try tomorrow again (have not had it on my current blade) and then compare it to tg3-60.

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 9:25pm
Gaint Dragon TaiChi is a pretty good inexpensive backhand rubber. It should also be noted, that for some reason the red sheets are much better than the black sheets.
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 12:57am
I'll tell you a great backhand rubber. You wont believe me because its priced too low, but 1900-2100 players love this rubber when its boosted. Its still very good unboosted.

KOKUTAKU Blutenkirsche JAPAN super tacky. 

$5 

They say super tacky, but its hardly tacky. It has a japanese style sponge, and is an amazing do anything back hand rubber.

boosted I dont think anything under $30 even comes close
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 5:38pm
I played Mercury II soft on a quite hard thin flexible composite, and it's way too soft for that blade. Throw angle is very comfortable though, and steady looping close to the table is very consistent. Was much better on a soft 5-ply with hinoki outer. Medium or Hard version should be better, but might still lack a bit of power, just like TG3-60. All in all, I would probably even prefer this soft version to Tg3-60 due to consistency.
It's just 5$, so try it.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 10:43pm
Palio AK47 is pretty decent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic