Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

info about xiom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: info about xiom
    Posted: 07/24/2017 at 10:11am
Hello, anyone knows if there are some xiom fake blades? because i got one (vega euro) and i'm a bit suspicious, because one outer ply looks a bit thicker than on the other side
tom ;)
xiom vega euro,sigma2pro,el-p
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53
mizutani zlc,h8mid,rakza9

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 11:12am
You mustn't have owned any STIGA blades. This is a hidden/unadvertised/undocumented "feature"[1] that you look for in a GENUINE STIGA blade. First thing done when buying in person.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5228234820

[1]「这叫正手容易透 反手支撑足」(This is called easily-through forehand and sufficiently-supported backhand.)
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 7:52am

OOAK Forum Interview with XIOM!Smile

What is XIOM's policy on discontinuing blades? It seems a few blades which appeared to be popular have been discontinued. Can you make the promise that when they release a new blade they won't discontinue it a year or 2 after? Why can't you commit 5 or 10 years when releasing a new blade? In the future can we have new blades released with the certainty they will be available for sale for at least 5 years?

As stated before our company is young. We made MOU with (can state which university and professors) really really famous university and made our new blades. But after testing 1000~1500 blades per year, we came up with the perfect logic and formula of making most amazing blades. Our company is kind of perfectionist and we want to offer only the best, and we felt that our early version of our blades were not good enough. That is why we’ve decided to discontinue them. Did we have the bad sales for them? Not really. We cannot open quantities that we’ve sold but we did sell a lot. As long as we come up with better blades, we do plan to discontinue what is worse. We are going to keep on improving and come up with new blades.
MY best ping pong table reviews and unique guideline
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 11:08am
Xiom has always discontinued or changed blades faster than any other manufacturer.  This has been true since they started.  Their claim of constantly improving blades seems reasonable enough unless you have become completely accustomed to one of their blades that has been discontinued.  In many cases they have discontinued blades after barely over a year, which in a way insults people who bought one.  It's a bit like the line in Animal House:  "You    f&&&ed up.  You trusted us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTF2j0OWUi8

I mean if a blade turned out to be so bad that you needed to discontinue it a year or two later, why did you sell it in the first place?

Early on they were touting the value of egg-shaped heads based on research from their university collaborators.  Their marketing materials went on at great length about the research that supported this.  And, yet, very soon thereafter (a year or two) they abandoned that approach.  None of their blades have that head shape anymore, and they even changed the head shape of the Stradivarius, one of the few blades that they have been selling from nearly the start.

In general their build quality is excellent.  That has never been something you could really criticize them about.  And the price is good, especially for their zylon blades.  Still, it could be the OP got a bad one or some things have started to slip.

It is often  the case that Xiom blades are often faster than blades in the same class (by which I mean blades of similar woods and plies) made by other manufacturers (although not obvious true in the case of the Stradivarius).  They have  created blades such as the Axelo for example, that are so fast and stiff as to be essentially unplayable (much faster than a Butterfly Schlager, for example).

I would be pretty surprised if there were fake Xiom blades.  (Of course I have been wrong before).  Most fakes are made in China and are counterfeits of the most popular blades or sought after blades in that market (especially Butterfly) and Xiom would not be popular enough to be really worth copying.  I would think that the cost of faking the thing would exceed the market for them.  However, mybe it is possible that somehow factory rejects get onto the market?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic