FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Palio Master 2 to ColesTT setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HalPingPal View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalPingPal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palio Master 2 to ColesTT setup
    Posted: 07/26/2017 at 8:39am
Hi everyone,

I've been playing seriously since about the start of the year. I went from an in-laws old dead paddle to a slightly better sports store type paddle, to my wife buying me the Palio Master 2 off Amazon sometime a few months ago.

I had her buy me that because it got decent recommendations online for value and performance. From what I can learn it just seems to be like a cheaper chinese setup, not really pre-made but just pre-glued with a Palio blade, and two CJ8000 rubbers. Rated as All Around+

I play alot with my father-in-law and what I want to do is give him this Master 2, and buy something more custom from ColesTT.

I have most of the basic shots down and I've started to feel fairly comfortable with backhand and forehand looping with the above paddle. So, with all the research I've tried to put together to sort through the cheaper chinese setups, it seems like Cole's Yinhe 896 with Mercury 2 "Budget looper" setup is what I'm leaning toward.

My general question is should I just go with that and it will carry me through more intermediate levels of play, or should I go with a more expensive blade like the w6 with the same rubbers. I'm willing to spend up to like $75 so i don't know if there's a "less budgety looper" setup that would have maybe better quality than the 896.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic