Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake H3 national

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 4:11pm
Sorry Al, I completely overlooked your inital post. I have a 39 degree version and put it on an OC, and I don't think I could bottom it out at all. It definetly doesn't lack power. But power-wise it was very similar to H2N. But you can also order it in 40 or 41 degree. Quality-wise it is better than the average H2 commercial.
Sponsored Links

al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

My question would be if this product is so good, why go through the charade of making it a counterfeit product? why sell it trying to defraud PPL looking for real H3 BS sheets? If its a good product then it would naturally find a market as an original design and brand. Especially at that price!!
I also find this unfortunate because, as haggisv correctly wrote, there is a big risk of getting two very different sheets if they happen to be from different batches. 

Why even bother with selling these? Probably, it just looks COOL for a huge bunch of recreational players (esp. in China, I guess) to have a blue sponge under a H3 topsheet just like the TT gods do, regardless of actual playing characteristics. So there is a niche for the product we discuss.

What I do not agree here is the assumption that the seller actually tries to defraud his buyers. Imagine you're a contractor using professional tools that cost $200-500. If there was an online Chinese (!) shop selling it for $20, there was no way you would think the product is genuine. Still, if its name was the same with some tool you knew well and had used before, you would know which characteristics the manufacturer promises you will get.

What the seller should have done is give the disclaimer saying that the rubber is not original but its copy - and, in fact, most of these one-day-shops do. Saying that, I would be close to accusing him of fraud if we were speaking about orange sponge commercial H3 that is rather close in the price range, but not the item in OP.
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

That was the poor dude's 1st purchase on Taobao riding on the huge wave of table tennis hit after the Rio Olympics. He got the setup as a combo.
Later on he said a friend of his who didn't know better bought a Butterfly knockoff for the price of a genuine one.
The 1st guy's tragedy (as you call it) was the awful quality of the bat he got (probably bought at the same price as the genuine DHS premade, so being indistinguishable from the original), the same goes for his friend. So there is a clear difference with the 1/8th costing copy of what seems to be decent quality that we discuss here (although, as I wrote, IMO a disclaimer had to be given).

Also, it is peculiar how a person could call a group of people smartasses for mocking another guy in the same post that starts with an offensive picture and ends with indirectly calling his opponent ignorant. As you posted yourself,
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Sorry Al, I completely overlooked your inital post. I have a 39 degree version and put it on an OC, and I don't think I could bottom it out at all. It definetly doesn't lack power. But power-wise it was very similar to H2N. But you can also order it in 40 or 41 degree. Quality-wise it is better than the average H2 commercial.
Thanks! I have a sheet of PF4 New going my way as we speak, if it does not fit the bill it is possible I will try out this one before getting another sheet of commercial H3.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 6:58am
"What I do not agree here is the assumption that the seller actually tries to defraud his buyers. Imagine you're a contractor using professional tools that cost $200-500. If there was an online Chinese (!) shop selling it for $20, there was no way you would think the product is genuine. Still, if its name was the same with some tool you knew well and had used before, you would know which characteristics the manufacturer promises you will get."

I see your point but the problem is, they come in a package made to look like an original H3 BS, and not just that one, they also sell fake Tenergys, etc. I have seen the fake packaging in person, it's obviously a cheap color print, but online it is hard to tell the quality of the printing on the package. You put the onus on the consumer to figure that at a certain prize he should conclude it is a fake. BUT the root of the problem is that they are selling the COUNTERFEIT items in the first place. That is dishonest by definition!!!

Again, if the rubber had such great playing characteristics, then it would find a market on its own.

FdT
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 11:51am
I have looked a little into the shop mentioned in OP. The 2nd best seller there is Bluefire M1 copy that also has excellent reviews, and it does not make any sense at all - while I can imagine smb providing a decent H3 alternative, it is clear that reproducing ESN rubbers performance is too much to ask from a fake, so the positive reviews might very well be worthless in the 1st place (see what I said about people who do not care about performance). When I read these reviews, it looked like FdT was right about A LOT of them being fake - the same or similar comments to different rubbers made repeatedly from the same accounts etc. I think a possible explanation for lack of negative reviews may be that very few of these fake rubbers are actually being sold.

Also, I did not find a word stating it was a copy in the description of any product in the shop.

So it seems that the seller is applying some clearly foul business practices besides the controversial one of selling copies.

Edited by al_111 - 07/31/2017 at 11:52am
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 12:12pm
Sure that might very well be the case. What counts then are the negative reviews. For example, that seller also sells fake Rakza 7 soft, which has only 3 Reviews, and 2 of them very negative. And since the Bluefire and H3 fakes don't really have those, they might actually be decent rubbers.
If I was mad that the rubber I got was rubbish, I probably would have written an appropriate review.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 2:45pm

This thread has made me come to the realization what Frank Schreiner said about European players was true - that they're very eager to try out new equipment, knockoffs included.

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 4:56pm
We are on the equipment section of a table tennis forum... this might come as a surprise to you... but people here are likely to try new equipment! However, do you not think that this is a little bit too much of a biased sample to draw conclusions about the entire european playerbase from?

Also, I'd prefer it if you were not to throw around your unnecessary and mind-numbing memes.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 6:21pm
Gomenasai

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 6:45pm
Crazy people everywhere...
Well, at least it doesn't get boring.
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 11:45pm
I have received a similar fake before in place of what was supposed to be sheets of Hurricane 3-50 and Skyline 3-60

Every time i see the pip structure in some of those photos it pisses me off at how I was ripped off. The printing on the rubber topsheet is really quite good. Very close to the real thing. 

The packaging was very very good and only lacked a little bit of the reflective hologramming. The rubber had no verification sticker on it. 

In terms of performance, it played super dead, lifeless chinese rubber with good sticky surface. I still have a sheet, but have attached to a super hard carbon blade (not the best match for it), maybe it has some life on another blade
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

I have received a similar fake before in place of what was supposed to be sheets of Hurricane 3-50 and Skyline 3-60

Every time i see the pip structure in some of those photos it pisses me off at how I was ripped off. The pip structure looks exactly like the fakes I have. The printing on the rubber topsheet is really quite good. Very close to the real thing. 

The packaging was very very good and only lacked a little bit of the reflective hologramming. The rubber had no verification sticker on it. 

In terms of performance, it played super dead, lifeless chinese rubber with good sticky surface. I still have a sheet, but have attached to a super hard carbon blade (not the best match for it), maybe it has some life on another blade
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 10:05am
"Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

I have received a similar fake before in place of what was supposed to be sheets of Hurricane 3-50 and Skyline 3-60"

Could you please inform us where did you buy these counterfeit rubbers from? 
Sorry you got ripped off!!! 

FdT
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

I have received a similar fake before in place of what was supposed to be sheets of Hurricane 3-50 and Skyline 3-60"

Could you please inform us where did you buy these counterfeit rubbers from? 
Sorry you got ripped off!!! 

FdT

I got it from ebay, the dealer that sells XVT stuff. The photo didn't have a verification sticker on the rubber and the packaging looked pretty fake from the photo, I guess I should have known
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 10:40am
"What the seller should have done is give the disclaimer saying that the rubber is not original but its copy - and, in fact, most of these one-day-shops do. Saying that, I would be close to accusing him of fraud if we were speaking about orange sponge commercial H3 that is rather close in the price range, but not the item in OP."

al_111:

I have never seen a seller clearly indicate that the rubbers in question are "copies" or "counterfeit". If they did, then I would agree with you 100% they are not trying to defraud PPL, but  simply selling a product that is significantly inexpensive.

Same with online vendors who sell these rubbers. I have NEVER seen one that indicates whether these rubbers are copies.

As you can see from jk82's post, a clear indication that the rubbers were copies would have precluded jk82 from buying the items.

"jk92 wrote:

I have received a similar fake before in place of what was supposed to be sheets of Hurricane 3-50 and Skyline 3-60""

So tell me that's not fraudulent!! If they indicated the nature of the fake rubbers I would have no problem with the sellers. They just have to inform the potential customers.

FdT
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 1:25am
@FdT

I can't find one either, although I'm sure I've seen A LOT of these on AliExpress a couple of years ago, all those "Tenergies", "H3 Nationals" etc. priced $10. Haven't been looking into this kind of deals since, but all of them had a disclaimer I was speaking about. Now I actually don't see these fakes being sold at all, so after all probably it was just AliExpress policy being stricter than DHGate's then and having become even more so now, not the sellers being conscious.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2017 at 1:47pm
I think I need to update this, playing with this rubber for a couple of weeks on a PG-12 and it's an extremely good combo. I like this rubber best from all dhs rubbers, even though it's likely not even a dhs rubber, lol.
The hard topsheet just grabs the plastic ball and loads it up with spin, even when wet.
Sadly I still cannot accurately compare to other H3 variants since I did not buy any sheets for maybe ten years...
I ordered a couple more, best price performance ratio ever.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2017 at 9:29am
I am wondering about comparison between Airoc M and these so so much wanted rubbers H3 ...
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2017 at 6:21am
I´ve bought 2 of these 39º H3 blue sponge rubber, 2 years ago, both were good quality and performed very good, then I tried to boost them, with good results.

Bottom line, for 9/10 euros, there is only one rubber with the same feeling and performance for the Fh, and I use it now, I have been using it for 2 years, it's the Palio Hadou 40+ with 42-44º, same feeling, same sponge, same tackiness, same speed, same boosting.

i'll be using it since...well, it's the same price too, maybe they are the same.

al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Hautamaeki Hautamaeki wrote:

Palio Hadou 40+ with 42-44º, same feeling, same sponge, same tackiness, same speed, same boosting.
Now, THAT was interesting! And actually makes a lot of sense, with Palio having it own manufacturing but not even medium segment rubbers on the market (with the exception of ESN-made ones)...
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2017 at 2:25pm
The sponge is firmer than 42-44 deg. It feels around 48 at least.
I have ordered various hardnesses, but it didn't feel like one was significantly different in hardness from the others. However, variance in weigth was insane. There can be up to 15 grams difference uncut.

Btw, I just made first place in local championships with this rubber on my FH. I went 7 - 0.
Level wasn't high though. Just up to around 1500-1600 USATT.

I prefer it unboosted. Spin comes mainly from topsheet, not from sponge, so boosting mainly adjusts the speed. Needs a fairly hard, fast, and medium flexy blade.
But you really need a lot of physical effort and good technique to make use of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic