Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake H3 national

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake H3 national
    Posted: 07/28/2017 at 12:08pm
Since there are so many fakes of H3 national, I am wondering what actually differentiates them from the 'originals' or from the ordinary commercials.

So why not buy some cheap fakes and find out? Take a look at these, for example.
If I took a wild guess, then I would say it's genuine H3 topsheet with fake sponge.
But just why do these even exist? It doesn't make much sense to me. The price is the same as or even cheaper than commercial... just who operates at such low profit margins?

Has anybody had experience with these knockoffs and can compare them to other versions?

Sponsored Links

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 12:13pm
Doctor....heal thyself!!!

FdT
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 12:50pm
Serial Numbers on the sponge !
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 5:14pm
Thank you both for your comments devoid of any coherence and meaning. In other words, thanks for wasting your time, mine and that of many others as well.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 5:43pm
that wasn't clear enough?

should I get my crayons to explain it to you?

Are you 2 years old?

simply put, why don't YOU spend the money on the fake ones and try them out?!? Tell us how it goes.

FdT
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 6:13pm
I don't understand the h3 national hype. What's so special about it? They cost way more than the commercial one if I'm not mistaking. Do people think that the pros play with the national version? If so that would be pretty stupid. Might as well buy tenergy for the price
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 7:06pm
You got it wrong, that's not what I mean! I provided a link to a cheap 10$ national H3.
It is most likely some cheap sponge, but if it can only outperform a regular, commercial H3 then it might be a very economical option for some ppl!
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

that wasn't clear enough?

should I get my crayons to explain it to you?

Are you 2 years old?

simply put, why don't YOU spend the money on the fake ones and try them out?!? Tell us how it goes.

FdT

So you consider it mature if you tell somebody 'go and figure your shit out yourself' in a cryptical way?
I was asking if somebody has had experience with those sponges, how is that inappropriate?
That's like telling somebody asking how does rubber x perform, 'go buy it then you will see'.
You are completely missing the point why these forums exist in the first place.

Well if I am 2 years old, then you are waaaay into the negative.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 8:17pm
"So why not buy some cheap fakes and find out?" 

YOUR WORDS.

Why don't you go and get the rubber yourself and try them out? You said it yourself..."Why Not?"....

FdT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 8:19pm
I do kinda wish someone who did use them, would post a response. But my hunch is, the fake ones are really crappy. I certainly will not gonna waste money on those fake rubbers.

FdT
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

You got it wrong, that's not what I mean! I provided a link to a cheap 10$ national H3.
It is most likely some cheap sponge, but if it can only outperform a regular, commercial H3 then it might be a very economical option for some ppl!
the cheap copies are not connected to dhs IE  They are not letting someone use their top sheet
just to ruin their name, it is totaly a fake product, it is better to use cheap 729 rubber or similar than buy a fake and support the fake industry
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 5:00am
Make it expensive, it becomes real genuine one!
Oh pardon me, I have bought from many websites and friends, but I haven't seen any "real" H3 National. The best one I have got was the one closest to the cheap "market" original one!
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 6:08am
I would not buy the fake because (1) I would not want to support the fake rubber industry and (2) they're going to  have zero quality control, so it will be like a lottery to see if it's a good or bad sheet, and no guarantee that the next one will be anything like it.
They can make them so cheap, because they don't need to worry about quality or performance, it just needs to look like a real one.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 9:17am
I have bought one and it plays and boosts very well, spin is on par with H2N, quality is very good. Also you can see from the customer reviews on that site that there are no negative opinions and from transaction history you can see that people have reordered it, mostly buying several sheets.
If you think it's bad just because it's fake, you need to expand your horizon.
Since I don't like H3 that much in general I don't have any neo or commercial sheet to draw a comparison to and thus wanted to ask if anybody could.
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 10:09am
What about the speed and max power? The upside for the boosted H3 is that, despite it being controllable in short game, you can actually increase the power in your shot up to the limit when it is YOU who fails to add even more, not the rubber (at least for mere mortals).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 11:41am
" Also you can see from the customer reviews on that site that there are no negative opinions and from transaction history you can see that people have reordered it, mostly buying several sheets."

And those "customer" reviews are genuine, rrriiiiiiight........so are pink unicorns!!!!

FdT

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 1:07pm

" Also you can see from the customer reviews on that site that there are no negative opinions and from transaction history you can see that people have reordered it, mostly buying several sheets."

And those "customer" reviews are genuine, rrriiiiiiight........so are pink unicorns!!!!

FdT

Well since this seems to complex for you to understand, I'm going to try and explain it to you in very simple words:

In case there was a dissatisfied customer, he would be likely to leave negative feedback. Looking at the large number of reviews encompassing no negative reviews at all, it is very unlikely that there has been any disappointed customer. So even if there were fake reviews, they would not make an impact on the number of negative reviews.
In case you want to claim that negative reviews might have been removed, I am afraid I have to tell you that this is also extremely unlikely. DHgate is just another platform like amazon. They do not remove negative reviews. If that were true, there would be no negative reviews of rubbers on their website. But guess what, negative reviews do exist, even for other products from the same seller.

Thus what you claimed was not only baseless, but also irrelevant.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I don't understand the h3 national hype. What's so special about it? They cost way more than the commercial one if I'm not mistaking. Do people think that the pros play with the national version? If so that would be pretty stupid. Might as well buy tenergy for the price

Let's clear things up here.

Has it ever crossed your mind that they get them for free? Depending on the player status, each of them gets supplied a set amount of rubbers each month. The higher up you are, the more you receive. National H3 is supplied to the national team members. Provincial H3 is supplied to the provincial team members.

The National Hurricane 3 used by the CNT is made at the DHS Research Institute.

The ones in the white package are catered to the enthusiasts and EJs and is said to be made at the Institute also.

The rest you see in the market are made by some licensed OEMs. It's said there're 3 places where they are made.

Edited by zeio - 07/29/2017 at 2:51pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 4:18pm
Hozuki, if you want to put your money where your mouth is go ahead, send me a sheet of those cheap rubbers and let me try for myself.  But it's a different ball game when you want ME to buy those rubbers. Commerce is about trust. And I find it hard to trust a company that makes COUNTERFEIT products. Since they are COUNTERFEIT I feel the company who makes them are not trust worthy, and that also includes the PPL who sell them!!!!

I don't trust those sellers and I don't trust YOU Hozuki!!!!! You need to EARN that trust, and by insulting me with your pedantic response Im even less likely to buy something from you. I also hope others can see how pedantic you are and never buy anything from you. Not only it's easy to make counterfeit products it is also easy to make fake REVIEWS.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 07/29/2017 at 4:19pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 4:26pm
"The National Hurricane 3 used by the CNT is made at the DHS Research Institute.

The ones in the white package are catered to the enthusiasts and EJs and is said to be made at the Institute also.

The rest you see in the market are made by some licensed OEMs. It's said there're 3 places where they are made."

This is good info. There's so much being said about these rubbers it is hard to know which source to trust. All I know is that if I glue a sheet of these rubbers I know more or less what kind of performance to expect. So far my experience with these H3 BS rubbers has been consistently good. If the seller had sent me a fake one I would IMMEDIATELY stop buying from them.

FdT.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 5:13pm

Hozuki, if you want to put your money where your mouth is go ahead, send me a sheet of those cheap rubbers and let me try for myself.  But it's a different ball game when you want ME to buy those rubbers. Commerce is about trust. And I find it hard to trust a company that makes COUNTERFEIT products. Since they are COUNTERFEIT I feel the company who makes them are not trust worthy, and that also includes the PPL who sell them!!!!

I don't trust those sellers and I don't trust YOU Hozuki!!!!! You need to EARN that trust, and by insulting me with your pedantic response Im even less likely to buy something from you. I also hope others can see how pedantic you are and never buy anything from you. Not only it's easy to make counterfeit products it is also easy to make fake REVIEWS.

FdT

You seem to confuse quite a lot here. I have never insulted you (I merely stated facts) nor have I told you to buy anything and especially not from me. In my OP I merely asked a rhetorical question, implying it might make sense for some ppl to buy those sheets. However, you somehow assumed I was talking specifically to you, and thus you were triggered since you seem to like legit H3 BS and you don't want to be ripped off. That's absolutely understandable. I was much rather catering to regular H3 commercial users that might find this an interesting alternative.

Anyways, you don't want to support counterfeit companies but want me to support them by buying a sheet for you? Also you seem to use actual H3 BS yourself but don't want to pay a mere fraction of its cost on trying the cheap one yourself? I'm afraid you are not making any sense here...
Also, your last sentence, 'Not only it's easy to make counterfeit products it is also easy to make fake REVIEWS.' shows that you clearly haven't even bothered to read my previous post at all. Or maybe it was too difficult for you to comprehend after all? But I agree, it's great that others can make their own judgement on what kind of people you and me are.

I would like to return to actual fruitful discussion.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 5:31pm

If I took a wild guess, then I would say it's genuine H3 topsheet with fake sponge.

DHS has stopped selling standalone H3 topsheets long before the introduction of the Neo version.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

DHS has stopped selling standalone H3 topsheets long before the introduction of the Neo version.

Yes, I am aware of that. I suspect there still might be a chance these sellers remove the sponge of commercial H3 and replace them with their own sponges, at some markup. I believe this because it plays very much like I expect from a H3, but I have to say I lack an object of reference since I have not purchased any other version of H3 for a long time.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2017 at 6:38pm
I make fake ones, by ripping the sponge off , using my red stamp and gluing some corners on
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 12:23am
Hozuki, : your original post was NOT the offending one.

this one was >>> "Thank you both for your comments devoid of any coherence and meaning. In other words, thanks for wasting your time, mine and that of many others as well."

so who is the confused one?!? In your first post you started by asking "why not buy the cheap fake ones and see how they play"....all I did was tell you maybe you should try them out. Take your own medicine.

You go ahead and try the fake ones. in your own words "WHY NOT?"...I know why not, and you do too.

FdT
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 11:34am
As mentioned before, I wanted to see if anybody has had experience with it and can compare it to the originals. Since you don't fall into that target group, you don't have anything to contribute to this discussion and therefore your comments are pointless. You took offense at the fact that I pointed out your comment was irrelevant. Thus all readers are more likely to be offended by your post.
Also, as I said, I tried them and they play very well, so I can recommend them.
But obviously you didn't read that as well.

At this point, further discussion with you is pointless, so please move on with your life.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 2:34pm
"Also, as I said, I tried them and they play very well, so I can recommend them."

your first post was such a garbled mess, since your english is terrible. How come you did not mention you had in fact tried one IN YOUR FIRST POST?!? so stupid!! You should have started with the fact that you did try one in the first place rather than making a rhetorical question!!! You are the one wasting everyone's time.

Anyway, I won't be buying the COUNTERFIT sheet, regardless of your recommendation since you're such a pedantic person.

FdT
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 2:42pm
Hozuki, since you haven't had experience with genuine H3 recently, let me rephrase my question: when boosted, does this fake National of yours lack power on hard shots? I'm one of those who might be interested in trying it out if it doesn't. 

To clarify my position - I don't have any ethical issues with using copies of some products as long as they are not being sold as originals. In this specific case, the price is a clear giveaway, so the name "H3 National" actually states what set of characteristics the manufacturer tried to achieve rather than an effort to mimic the rubber as a genuine H3 Nat. No one here would actually think it was legit being priced $10, right?

Edited by al_111 - 07/30/2017 at 2:42pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 3:18pm
"To clarify my position - I don't have any ethical issues with using copies of some products as long as they are not being sold as originals."

My question would be if this product is so good, why go through the charade of making it a counterfeit product? why sell it trying to defraud PPL looking for real H3 BS sheets? If its a good product then it would naturally find a market as an original design and brand. Especially at that price!!

If you have no problems with this fraudulent product then fine. Congratulations. But some of us do have problems with counterfeit products.

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 07/30/2017 at 3:20pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by al_111 al_111 wrote:

To clarify my position - I don't have any ethical issues with using copies of some products as long as they are not being sold as originals. In this specific case, the price is a clear giveaway, so the name "H3 National" actually states what set of characteristics the manufacturer tried to achieve rather than an effort to mimic the rubber as a genuine H3 Nat. No one here would actually think it was legit being priced $10, right?

Meanwhile, this tragedy befell on someone somewhere else on Earth:

That was the poor dude's 1st purchase on Taobao riding on the huge wave of table tennis hit after the Rio Olympics. He got the setup as a combo.

Later on he said a friend of his who didn't know better bought a Butterfly knockoff for the price of a genuine one.

He started that thread to raise people's awareness as well as to quell snarky comments from all the nice smartasses, and last but not least, as a reminder to people that:

Edited by zeio - 07/30/2017 at 3:47pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic