FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Traditional Jpen RPB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traditional Jpen RPB
    Posted: 08/30/2017 at 11:30pm
Unbelievable...  These Japanese players sure are innovative

Sponsored Links

HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 11:43pm
This looks quite challenging to do.

STEP 1: Be a Fatass.
STEP 2: ...
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 2:42am
TPB used as RPB Clap Not sure if this will be stable with C-pen. Most likely the J-pen exclusive stroke. All due to that inch-high wall on the handle. 
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 4:13am
It was invented some 35 years ago by Mariano Lukov. He used this shot to beat the multiple All Japan Champion Kiyoshi Saito at the WC.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 08/31/2017 at 4:16am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

This looks quite challenging to do.

STEP 1: Be a Fatass.
STEP 2: ...

That fatass has one ridiculously dangerous looking traditional j-pen rpb, and his forehand isn't too shabby either.  He has obviously gone at least as far as step 3 into turning a traditional j-pen backhand into a weapon of mass destruction.

Edited by berndt_mann - 08/31/2017 at 5:51pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 8:33pm
His TPB is able to lift underspin (1:18)

It is something like this

Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 1:45am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

That fatass has one ridiculously dangerous looking traditional j-pen rpb, and his forehand isn't too shabby either.  He has obviously gone at least as far as step 3 into turning a traditional j-pen backhand into a weapon of mass destruction.

Unfortunately I don't know the 2nd or 3rd step. Maybe you can ask the "professionals" hanging out here
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 1:43pm
This is the guy who first employed the jpen backhand topspin at the highest level in the 80s. He still uses it with great success as you can see at 18s below:

Edited by ChichoFicho - 09/01/2017 at 1:46pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Unbelievable...  These Japanese players sure are innovative

I really like Hirano Noboyuki's style 👍👏👏
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 10:06pm
Would these really qualify as RPB ?
I would have thought they are all TPB but with ingenious  innovation and refinement of the now famous banana.
Mr Loukov, as posted, uses the RPB Jpen but it nothing extra ordinary but I agree completely;  it is a very powerful stroke.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 5:11am
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

I would have thought they are all TPB but with ingenious  innovation and refinement of the now famous banana.
Mr Loukov, as posted, uses the RPB Jpen but it nothing extra ordinary but I agree completely;  it is a very powerful stroke.

penholderxxx

Loukov uses  one rubber. It's not RPB but TPB loop.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 6:42am
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

penholderxxx

'Loukov uses  one rubber. It's not RPB but TPB loop.' - ChicoFicho

From his body posture and stroke mechanics at 0.18, it looks to me he was doing a RPB.....his body was rather erect/upright and I could see the red rubber when he closed the blade at the end of the stroke. Thats how I interpret the stroke.
The black side of the blade looks different
Also, nearing the end of the clip when he was serving, he was trying to return the ball again using the RPB at 2.57.
Correct me if I am wrong.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 6:48am

Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

penholderxxx

'Loukov uses  one rubber. It's not RPB but TPB loop.' - ChicoFicho

From his body posture and stroke mechanics at 0.18, it looks to me he was doing a RPB.....his body was rather erect/upright and I could see the red rubber when he closed the blade at the end of the stroke. Thats how I interpret the stroke.
The black side of the blade looks different
Also, nearing the end of the clip when he was serving, he was trying to return the ball again using the RPB at 2.57.
Correct me if I am wrong.

penholderxxx

Good analysis but you are still wrong. He uses only one rubber.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
cmugica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmugica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 9:01am

<div ="msg" style="width: 755.2px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><table width="99%"><t><tr><td ="BBquote" style="width: 740.275px;">[IMG]From his body posture and stroke mechanics at 0.18, it looks to me he was doing a RPB.....his body was rather erect/upright and I could see the red rubber when he closed the blade at the end of the stroke. Thats how I interpret the stroke<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">penholderxxx

Agreed. He is using RPB.
SDC custom st
FH G-1 max
BH Evolution FX-S 1.9
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by cmugica cmugica wrote:

<div ="msg" style="width: 755.2px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><table width="99%"><t><tr><td ="BBquote" style="width: 740.275px;">[IMG]From his body posture and stroke mechanics at 0.18, it looks to me he was doing a RPB.....his body was rather erect/upright and I could see the red rubber when he closed the blade at the end of the stroke. Thats how I interpret the stroke<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

Agreed. He is using RPB.

He has only one rubber on his blade. It's not RPB and he has never hit a RPB.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 4:47pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Originally posted by cmugica cmugica wrote:

Agreed. He is using RPB.

He has only one rubber on his blade. It's not RPB and he has never hit a RPB.

ChichoFicho is correct. If you watch at 0.25 speed, you can clearly see that he is hitting with the red side, and then rotating his wrist during the follow through.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 8:13pm
Yes, having watched the second posting on Mr Loukov, I agree he is using one rubber on the forehand only.
Having said that, could we say that Mr Lovkou was doing a swipe with the stroke rather than a loop as mentioned by ChichoFicho.
Thks for the posting

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic