Topic ClosedFeedback: shawnnie20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback: shawnnie20
    Posted: 09/15/2017 at 6:56am
I have had a bad experience with this guy. He wanted to buy a blade from me and asked me multiple times to lower the price. I agreed to everything he asked and sent him a blade that was almost new (glued and used once). Apparently, he didn't like the blade and asked me for refund. I immediately agreed to give him a full refund.  However rather than take the refund, he proceeded to start a thread accusing me of cheating him, and  he posted pictures of the blade with bigger stains on the cork sheet than were there when I sent it to him. 

I have sold and bought more than 30 blades/rubbers from forum members for the past 8 years but never had such an experience before.

This guy is selling blades worth 200$-300$ for 1000$-1500$ on ebay.

Use caution dealing with this person.

Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 7:42am
Here is an example of one of his e-bay threads showing how he prices blades there.  I could give many other examples. 

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 8:37am
So, what's the point? Those blades are listed on ebay, right?
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:14am
Sorry, but you cannot be posting pictures of one blade yet sending something completely different.  Even if they are similar. Regardless of the price. UNLESS YOU TWO AGREE IN ADVANCE. That's just wrong.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:15am
You should know that I have edited Chico Ficho's post here to markedly tone down some of his original wording and this has not been an easy case for me to deal with (there are competing claims of bad behavior).  Blades should arrive in the condition in which they were advertised -- that is part of the reason we want good pictures posted here -- but when a refund is offered reasonable people settle the matter. And when that does not settle things, a moderator has to step in and use whatever information is available. 

• Chico has been buying and selling blades at MyTT for a very long time and when he says he offered a refund I am going to accept that.  I have never received any complaint about Chico in the For Sale section. 
  • The behavior of someone buying or selling blades on ebay is relevant to people who might want to have a transaction with that same person here and it is relevant to decisions I have to make as moderator.  The ebay threads did convince me that this relatively new member (Shawnie) might be difficult to deal with, especially since he did not contact me with any complaint before escalating matters in a pretty outrageous way (enough that I had to delete that thread). 

Note that my wording here is quite measured.  I am trying to deal with a dispute and the only thing I have to go on is what I have seen from posts and PMs here.  I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything, and my initial reflex was to delete this entire thread, as I did to another one (in which personal information was posted).  I decided there was value in allowing this one to remain with modification, and with this comment and readers can conclude what they will.

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 9:28am
I totally get it that the buyer shouldn't have posted what he posted, etc etc.. I can see how the other guy was probably pushy, trying to negotiate, and so on.
HOWEVER.. take rubber sales as an example: if I am buying a new Tenergy from you, you cannot send me a cut "like new" sheet even though it might still look brand new to you. You have to disclose it upfront.  
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

I totally get it that the buyer shouldn't have posted what he posted, etc etc.. I can see how the other guy was probably pushy, trying to negotiate, and so on.
HOWEVER.. take rubber sales as an example: if I am buying a new Tenergy from you, you cannot send me a cut "like new" sheet even though it might still look brand new to you. You have to disclose it upfront.  

There is no proof yet that this was the case. Chicho says that the receiver may have used the blade himself several times. I guess a good gauge of that would be seeing what day the blade was received, in comparison to what day the complaints were posted. I think Chicho should get the benefit of doubt that this is a possibility, given the buyer's reluctance to accept a full refund and shady practices as demonstrated by the eBay upcharge. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 12:07pm
That is pretty much what I was thinking.
shawnnie20 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 1:46pm
To Baal

Are you friend of that fishy seller?

I posted feedback of ChichoFicho because ChichoFicho did something very wrong and he needs to know he has to be honest with what he sold.

I Don't understand that you deleted my posting that people have to be aware of.

Are you protecting fishy seller than other member? If that is true I'm very disappointed.

What is purpose of feedback section?? Someone can easily deleted.... is not right.

Tell the truth and people have to know that what kind of seller.

This is the post you deleted.

If you delete this again you are Unprejudiced person.

And I am going to quit MyTT because manager don care members suffering.

Posted massage-
Once you sent pictures and mentioned "Brand new"

YOU HAVE TO SEND EXACT SAME CONDITION
NO MATTER WHAT!!!

For collectors, this is definitely used blade and not acceptable.

At least you have to say sorry, but you are barefaced

Such a LIAR and barefaced seller EVER.

I don't think I need to explain to you about my eBay posting but since you are attacking me, so I defend myself.

First of all, My eBay posting is NON OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Personally, I'm a collector and using eBay to get connected worldwide to trade or buy blades.

Recently, I bought a jpen custom at $1700, once again, this is NON OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Shame on you.

Last, I'm not going to post any reply about this matter.

I already made claims, so let's see who is going to win.

No more conversation with the person who is very unprofessional and deceptive.

I do not want to waste my valuable time with swindler.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 1:51pm
As you see his posting and mentioned BRANDNEW and send me photos of IN NEW CONDITION

He never said it is used or glued or tested.

If it is used or glued then I didn't buy.

See he's posting.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79851&title=fspenhold-blades-ding-yi-armstrong-butterfly

That is deceptive and fishy.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:17pm
I am not a friend of the seller (in fact have warned him about some comments he has made in the main part of the forum, which I can say pissed him off greatly).  But I have been moderator here for many years, and he has been buying and selling here for a long time without any complaints. 

I have to go with the information I have, I also have to take into account that with new members like you we don't really have any track record to go on.  Part of what I have to go on is the tone of the comments.  You will notice that I allowed the fact that you say you received a blade in a condition not the same as advertised to be seen by readers, which is the main complaint.  I did not erase that. 

I have removed most of the name calling.  I have removed personal identifying information.  I have also allowed readers to know about your pricing strategies for blades you sell on ebay.  You say it is none of my business?  I say it is because it tells me things about the people who wish to traffic in blades here.

The simplest solution is for you to return the blade to Chico Fricho and take the refund he offered.

The worst thing you can do right about now is to attack me, at least if you want to continue to use this forum. 

If you decide to quit MyTT I think nobody will miss you.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:20pm
I am a collector and shake hand player.

here are just bit of my collection 

I don't play with penhold, but only one reason buying penhold is collecting.

Chico admitted to selling used blade in his email.

This is his email that i've recieved.

I NEVER PLAYED WITH THAT BLADE!! IT IS USED BY THAT FISHY SELLER. PERIOD.

I just took a picture of the blades right after I opened it.

once again This is the pictures he sent it to me ( Im re-posting because someone DELETED MY POSTING!!!!!! WHICH IS NOT RIGHT!!!)

THIS IS THE POST THAT DELELED BY SOMEONE.

As you see your post, You said BRAND NEW RSM MAX.

But I Received RSM MAX NOT AS DESCRIBED.

you sent me used and glued blades.

Since last year I've bought more 10 blades from members of MyTT, This is first time ever that doesn't match condition.

VERY Dishonest seller. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS SELLER.

HERE ARE THE PICTURES from ChichoFicho SENT ME, BEFORE I DECIDED TO BUY. 

and here are the pictures of the blade i received today.

DIRT ONE THE GRIP. 

GLUED

PLEASE GUYS... BE CAREFULL WITH THIS SELLER..

HE DOESN'T SEND BLADES AS HIS PICTURES.

THANKS.

Edited by shawnnie20 - 09/15/2017 at 3:13pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:22pm
So, take the refund and send it back.

Then we can all move on.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:29pm
To Baal

Definitely someone deleted My posting.
I don't see it anymore.

And you got me wrong. The posted massage is to chicks disco

I said to Chicofico NON OF YOUR BUSSINESS. NOT YOU

Edited by shawnnie20 - 09/15/2017 at 2:35pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 2:44pm
Ok. This should not be hard to solve.  Ship the blade back and get a refund.

As for posts deleted, I hide all posts that reveal personal information prior to a dispute being solved.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 3:05pm
As I know Ficho personal and did a trades many times with him - I think this tread must be already deleted today morning.
Wondering why it is still available, hm....
That member swani - I sent him message today after I noticed the bulshits he posted here to all members, he didn't reply, of course. 
First of all - I doubt Ficho will send blade NOT as described. That's impossible.
Second - Ficho shared with me that this new member asked many times discount, but in the same time he is selling in ebay these blades pretty high. I have not any problem about that fact, but I am wondering about something - these spots on the blade are VERY EASY TO BE REMOVED!
You need just nail polish remover and piece of cotton. And to be careful with signatures.
Or you can use liquid soap and toothbrush. The result will be more than acceptable.
Not sure how this new member can assure us all that he has not used the blade several times by himself until to decide to return the blade to Ficho in already USED condition.
That situation I think is pretty close to another one I had with my Jun Mizutani blade.
And who will protect Ficho if he receive the blade damaged by this member swani?!
All the topic is tooooo much fishy and must be deleted at 100000%.
Ficho has not any problem with money refund, but he is wondering about the current condition of the blade.
Something else - I have not read somewhere he is offering several hours of testing for his blades in the FS section.
Or may be I am wrong?!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 3:30pm
This is the ORIGINAL EMAIL TREAD,

HE SENT ME BRAND NEW PICTURES OF BLADE AND MENTIONED " BRAND NEW RSM MAX"

EVEN CHICO ADMITED THAT HE USED IT!!

I KNOW kolevtt TRYING TO HELP BUT YOU MAKE CASE WORST.

THIS IS COMMON SENSE  

SELLERS HAVE TO SEND EXACT SAME CONDITION AS DESCRIBED. NO MATTER WHAT!!!

THIS IS THE EMAIL THREAD BETWEEN CHICO AND ME.

IF CHICO INSIST SEND MONEY AS GIFT OPTION I DIDN'T BUY.
IF I KNEW IT IS USED CONDITION I DIDN'T BUY.

FOR COLLECTORS... CONDITION IS VERY IMPORTANT.

BRAND NEW MEANS NEVER OPENED OR NEVER GLUED. 

Edited by shawnnie20 - 09/15/2017 at 3:40pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 3:34pm
I CAN'T TRUST CHICO.

I MADE CLAIM ALREADY SO I'LL FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTION.

THIS IS FIRST TIME THAT I RECEIVED ITEM THAT IS NOT AS DESCRIBED.

I'LL UPDATE STATUS OF THE CLAIM.

THANKS.

Edited by shawnnie20 - 09/15/2017 at 3:38pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 4:41pm
Know that I will delete all posts that reveal personal information. 

I understand that collectors as opposed to players are more particular about the exact condition of blades.

But it should have been a lot easier to solve this.  

I will give this about a day to resolve and then I will delete all threads that pertain to it.

I don't want there to be any more posts from either of the people involved that are on any subject other than the specifics of how the blade will be returned and how the refund will be made!!!!!!!!!  Both of these things have to happen.  There should be a tracking number when the blade is shipped.  I would like it sent to me.  I would also like reports on what is happening regarding the refund.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 5:09pm
That's what I am trying to arrange. Too bad he prefers name calling and doesn't reply to my messages. As soon as he sends the blade I will give him a full refund. The ball is in his court. 

Edited by ChichoFicho - 09/15/2017 at 5:15pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
xujinjiang99 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 5:28pm
Being particular about the exact blade conditions is one thing. Advertising it as "brand new", but sending a used one is another. There's more of a difference between 100% and 99%, than between 95% and 90%. That's common sense. 

If the buyer's original claim is valid, I think he deserves having his feedback published so that other members can see, and so that the seller won't make the same advertising mistake in future.

Likewise, the seller's accusations about the buyer, if substantiated, should also be allowed to exist. That's the purpose of giving feedback.

All personal attacks, personal information, unsubstantiated or unsubstantiable accusations should be deleted.

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Know that I will delete all posts that reveal personal information. 

I understand that collectors as opposed to players are more particular about the exact condition of blades.

But it should have been a lot easier to solve this.  

I will give this about a day to resolve and then I will delete all threads that pertain to it.

I don't want there to be any more posts from either of the people involved that are on any subject other than the specifics of how the blade will be returned and how the refund will be made!!!!!!!!!  Both of these things have to happen.  There should be a tracking number when the blade is shipped.  I would like it sent to me.  I would also like reports on what is happening regarding the refund.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 6:23pm
Like the famous saysing: it takes two to tango.

Agree with Baal on this issue. At this point, no point to argue who is right or wrong. Just end the case by either returning for refund or forget it and move on. It is not that hard to proceed with either path.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by xujinjiang99 xujinjiang99 wrote:

Being particular about the exact blade conditions is one thing. Advertising it as "brand new", but sending a used one is another. There's more of a difference between 100% and 99%, than between 95% and 90%. That's common sense. 

If the buyer's original claim is valid, I think he deserves having his feedback published so that other members can see, and so that the seller won't make the same advertising mistake in future.

Likewise, the seller's accusations about the buyer, if substantiated, should also be allowed to exist. That's the purpose of giving feedback.

All personal attacks, personal information, unsubstantiated or unsubstantiable accusations should be deleted. 

I completely agree.  But not everything is finished yet and it is not always able to see what really happened, so you need to rely to some extent in members' history (or lack thereof).  This is a case that really needs resolution in the way I outlined in bold print above, and soon. 

In other words, if I am required to referee this whole thing, then I need to see evidence that the blade has been shipped back to Chico and evidence that a refund has been sent to Shawnie.

How I document this whole thing after that depends on what happens.

Hopefully that will happen and we can all move on with honor intact.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 3:22am
Once again I will say - here nobody plays Tango (no matter I understand pretty well your thought), but we play table tennis. It sounds funny to buy pretty expensive and discontinued blade for price (acceptable for the buyer) and later to argue about some spots of sweat, which is absolutely normal blade to have after some testing hours.
I can offer the buyer if the sweat spots are the problem here (these spots I am not sure if they are made by ficho or the buyer) or the glue.....I can remove each spots and glue and to make the blade to looks like new.
And then the buyer to buy again the blade.
But I am almost 10000000% (9,999999%) sure this is not the reason.

From other side - Ficho is not testing agency, do you think I am right, Baal?

What will happens if each member who buy blade and plays 1-2-3 times with this blade just decide to return it, because of some sweat spots and glue (that probably he added by himself)?!??!?

It is not so hard to understand this member didn't made complain immediately after he received the blade. You don't need to be some super detective to understand all the case, as I see you have troubles with your decision.

Wish you a nice weekend!

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 8:50am
Frankly, this is nothing like the kind of scammer cases I see where people don't ship blades that have been purchased.  This is for some reason people who have gone out of their minds.

Kolev, insofar as I can understand the almost incoherent thing you just wrote, all I can say is that "tested for an hour" is not the same as new, and in testing for an  hour I have never managed to impart such noticeable sweat stains on a blade.  I think I have summarized the facts that any of us on the outside can ascertain  as best as I can.  I didn't see the blade before and after shipping and either did you.  I have seen a lot of photos.

I can say is that this kind of disagreement is not at all unusual, but members usually resolve it among themselves quite easily without accusations.  Like grownups.

Now, all I want to hear is that this has been resolved in the only possible way -- with a refund and with a return of the blade -- and with out any more hysteria or posturing

Chicho says he has offered a refund repeatedly, he has stated that here, and that was the right thing to do, but I don't know about the communications that happened that caused this whole thing to escalate, but given some of the things I have seen already, I can imagine easily how things got out of control, and all I can do is shake my head. 

Shawnie can get his money back and all he has to do is return the blade. 

So I am now locking this thread because frankly it is tiresome to all of us.  I will unlock it when I hear that the two people have figured out how to deal with this. 

Shawnie, for now that means the ball is in your court.  Return the blade and get a refund and remain a member here.

Chicho and Shawnie can reach me by PM to let me know how and when this is resolved. 

Do not start any more threads to discuss this affair.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 2:39pm
People who are following this whole thing may want to know the timeline of the transaction because it is relevant, as Bard Romance mentioned above. 

• These two managed to finalize their sale on Aug 31, blade was mailed on ~  September 1.
  • The blade arrived at the post office where Shawnie lives on Sept. 12 (this has been proven to me). 
  • If it is like my city, then it was delivered the next day, September 13.  Shawnie communicated to Chicho that he was unhappy about the sweat stains, and asked for a refund.  (If that had happened to me, I would have agreed to either a refund with return of blade, or a renegotiation of the price, which would be more convenient).
  •  Chicho apparently did not want to make any changes to the deal and posted this feedback thread yesterday, September 14. 

Doesn't seem to leave a lot of time for Shawnie to sweat all over the blade.

Just saying.  But people can draw their own conclusions and look at overall posting histories. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic