Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Free NEXY blades testing, get one at 70% discount
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free NEXY blades testing, get one at 70% discount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free NEXY blades testing, get one at 70% discount
    Posted: 10/05/2017 at 5:24pm
[[Applications are closed. If you are still interested but not yet on the lists, I can still add you to the end of the list. Be aware, however, that the blade may never reach you (read the rules below to know why).

These are the updated lists. Blades are with users in bold. Underlined users bought the blades, ending the testing:

• Calix (ST): JoeB, acpoulos
  • Calix II (ST): NextLevel, (SmackDAT)
  • Chedech (FL): mhnh007, SmileTT, MCollins, ohwell
  • Peterpan (FL): JimT, SmileTT, ohwell
  • Rubicon (FL): Mkeats, NextLevel, mhnh007
Testers, please publish your reviews and impressions here: Nexy blades and 40+ plastic ball thread. Thanks.]]

Hey NEXY fans,
Oscar Moon (user Nexy in this forum) would like to collect some updated reviews with the new plastic ball for certain "classic" Nexy blades.

Here's the deal:
All US and Canadian resident
users may apply (*) as testers for up to two blades. I will send the blades to
first randomly-chosen testers. Testers commit to post a review (**)
based on playing with the new plastic ball. After posting their review will have the option either to buy the blade at about 70% discount or ship the blade to the next tester at their expense.

Details:
-
one sample of the following blades is offered for testing:
  • Calix (ST): OFF-/OFF, flexible, non-linear (multi-gear), thin, carbon blade with hard feel.
  • Calix II (ST): OFF(+), stiffer, more linear, 0.5mm thicker, and faster version of Calix. "A TBS with a useful slower low gear" (AndySmith).
  • Chedech (FL) [based on other's reviews]: OFF, non-linear (multi-gear),
    offensive, arylate-carbon blade. Still controllable due to high dwell
    time.
  • Peterpan (FL): OFF-/OFF, 5-ply all-wood blade. Comparable to Acoustic or Virtuoso, though less head-heavy and at a fraction of the price.
  • Rubicon (FL): OFF-, linear 7-ply all-wood blade. Solid feel, neutral balance,
    exceptional control: for controlled offensive play with the
    new ball.

More information and reviews of these blades are available here.

-
If you'd have a US or Canadian address (*) and like to test one blade,
post in this thread (no PM please) and specify which one.
- You need to be well-known in this forum (non-binding criterion: roughly one week per $ of the discounted price of the blades, and at least one post per week) or someone who can vouch for you.
- You may sign up for up to two blades. You can only buy one blade.
- You can sign up until October 17, 23h59 CEST (that's UTC+2).
-
After that, I will finalise the lists of candidates for each blade and
pick a random first tester on each list (see the next post for details).
- I will send the blades for free to the first tester on each list.
- Testers glue rubbers on the blades, test the rackets, and post a fair review on this forum (**).
- IMPORTANT: reviews need to be based on playing with the new plastic balls (please indicate which ball in your review).
- Each tester then decides whether to buy the blade or send it to the
next tester (with traceable shipping and is at the current tester's
expense).
- If the blade reaches the last tester and he does not want it, the last tester
ships it back to me.
- The price for the test blades in USD is Calix
($50), Calix II ($50), Chedech ($70), Peterpan ($25), Rubicon ($35);
that's about 70% off the price
at nexy.com. I will collect the money via PayPal and transfer it to Nexy
after the test action is completed.

Note: the blades are currently new, but I will put a thin coat of lacquer on them and slightly sand the wings before shipping.

If you have questions, please post them publicly in this thread. Others may be interested, as well.

(*)
Traceable intercontinental shipping is expensive, so I have decided to
run this promotion on one continent only. Since I've ran other
promotions in Europe, it seemed fair to give North America a chance,
this time.

(**) I will provide links for the reviews in a following post/update (see red lines at the top).

Updates:
- deadline extended to one day before the lottery draw.
- slightly edited blade descriptions.
- testers may apply for up to two blades.
- there is only one blade per type, so as soon as one testers buys it, the testing ends.
- provided link for reviews (see red lines at the top)

Edited by arg0 - 05/05/2018 at 3:03am
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 5:25pm
I will post the random selection process here. My current idea is to create a circular list of testers in the order in which they apply and then select one at random, based on a specific lottery drawing (e.g. the German lottery 6aus49, like I did here). This will make the process transparent and tamper-proof.

Example:
5 testers (C, D, A, B, E) apply for Blade1
4 testers (J, F, I, H) apply for Blade2

The lists are:
Blade1: C, D, A, B, E
Blade2: J, F, I, H

The first testers getting the blade will be those whose rank in the list is the remainder of the division of the corresponding lottery number by the numer of testers in the list (modulo operation) plus 1.

Imagine the lottery draws the numbers 45, 19, 21, 5, 14, 30
The numbers will be listed in ascending order: 5, 14, 19, 21, 30, 45

In the above example, only two blades are offered for testing, thus only the first two numbers count, that is 5 and 14.
5 testers applied for Blade1 and the lottery number is 5: ((5 mod 5) + 1) = 0 + 1 = 1. Thus blade 1 will be sent to the 1st tester in the list, that is C. The order of testing will be: C, D, A, B, E.
4 testers applied for Blade2 and the lottery number is 14: ((14 mod 4) + 1) = 2 + 1 = 3. Thus blade 2 will be send to the 3rd tester in the list, that is I. The order of testing will be I, H, J, F.

Hope that's clear. Now I just need to set which lottery and the draw date. Stay tuned.

Update:
The first five numbers of the German Lotto "6aus49" of the draw on Wednesday October 18, 2017, will be used: the 1st maps to Calix, the 2nd to Calix II (makes sense, doesn't it?), the 3rd to Chedech, the 4th to Peterpan, and the 5th to Rubicon.
The results of the draw will be visible here (in German) and here (in English). In case of conflict, the German results are official. In case that for any reason there is no draw on October 18, the numbers of the subsequent draw will be used.

Update 2: changed the procedure after fatt (thanks!) pointed out that the numbers are listed in acending order on the websites. So we'll use the ascending order instead of the order of drawing.

Edited by arg0 - 10/16/2017 at 6:06pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 5:26pm
This post is for posting an updated status of the testing.
Applications:
  • Calix (ST): acpoulos, JoeB
  • Calix II (ST): SmackDAT, NextLevel
  • Chedech (FL): MCollins, mhnh007, SmileTT
  • Peterpan (FL): SmileTT, JimT
  • Rubicon (FL): mhnh007, Mkeats, NextLevel

Edited by arg0 - 10/17/2017 at 6:07pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 5:54pm
Can I sign up for the Peter Pan? I live in the US. Thank you Nexy and arg0!
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 6:46pm
Everyone should try a Nexy blade or two.  They're just so unique.  My favorite so far is Lissom, but I'd like to throw my name in the hat to test the Chedech blade.  I live in Canada.

Thanks Nexy and thanks arg0 for organizing this!
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 6:37pm
I cannot believe only three players are interested.

For those who have never heard about these blades, I invite you to read the many deailed reviews. The liks to most review threads are nicely summarised here.

Meanwhile, this is how I would describe them in a few words:
  • Calix: OFF-, flexible, non-linear (multi-gear), thin, carbon blade with hard feel.
  • Calix II: OFF, stiffer, more linear, 0.5mm thicker, and faster version of Calix. "A TBS with a useful slower low gear" (AndySmith).
  • Chedech [based on other's reviews]: OFF, non-linear (multi-gear), offensive, arylate-carbon blade. Still controllable due to high dwell time.
  • Peterpan: all-wood OFF- blade. Comparable to Acoustic or Virtuoso, though less head-heavy and at a fraction of the price.
  • Rubicon: ALL+/OFF-, linear all-wood blade. Solid feel, neutral balance, exceptional control: for allround and controlled offensive play with the new ball.

Edited by arg0 - 10/06/2017 at 6:37pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 2:02pm
I would like to test the Calix 2
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 10:20am
up, this brand deserves more attention
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 10:49am
I remember a friend gave me the Calix 2 not knowing it was a test blade leading to some miscommunications in the forums, 

from what I remember the blade was very linear but my favorite thing about the blade from memory was its ability to really absorb shots based on how tight or loose you grip the blade on blocks (you can do this skill with any other blade, but with the calix 2 it made it very easy to do instilling confidence in such particular shots)

it was very good for flat shots but mainly a looping blade
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 11:34am
Not sure if I am qualified in "well-known in this forum". If possible, I'd like to test Calix 2. The only blade I've used is DHS Long V, which is more or less in the same price range. 
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by pliuya pliuya wrote:

Not sure if I am qualified in "well-known in this forum". If possible, I'd like to test Calix 2. The only blade I've used is DHS Long V, which is more or less in the same price range. 

Do you know someone in the forum that could vouch for you?
Join the Nexy Clan!
zeon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 3:46pm
I would like to test the Calix..
Blade chuan chih-yuan
Rubber: FH haifu whale2
BH Shark 2
Feedback:http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79017&KW=feedback&PID=978171&title=feedback-zeon#978171
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by zeon zeon wrote:

I would like to test the Calix..

According to the rules, only testers from USA and Canada may apply, this time. Sorry.
Join the Nexy Clan!
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 4:23pm
arg0 will we be able to request our preferred weights?
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 4:34pm
Calix 2 here.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by SmileTT SmileTT wrote:

arg0 will we be able to request our preferred weights?

I'm afraid not. I've just one sample per blade. So handle type and blade weight is fixed.
Join the Nexy Clan!
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 4:46pm
If testers for Chedech decide to not keep the blade, instead of sending it back to arg0 I can buy it. I will pay the price fixed by arg0 and, of course, also the shipping costs, so at least you will save a few bucks of returning blade to arg0. 

fatt and MCollins, please don't forget this post when you test the blade haha

Edited by shinshiro - 10/11/2017 at 12:13am
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 5:52pm
Do you have a review form or test guide line? I maybe able to get better player or coach to test out the blade. I like to test the Chedech. Thanks
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 5:58pm
No fixed template for the reviews: list rubbers and ball used, focus on perceived blade characteristics such as speed, stiffness, etc., and how the racket performs in the various types of shots. Preferably, good revies compare the tested blade to some known reference blade. There are many excellent reviews linked in the first post of the "Nexy Clan" (link in my signature).
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I like to test the Chedech.

BTW, I suppose you're based in the US/Canada. Your profile does not say.
Join the Nexy Clan!
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 6:04pm
Yes. I located in NA.
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 11:51pm
I am afraid not. I will buy ball and rubber in these days. Hopefully the seller can help me out.
DHS W968 (90g)
Bakcup: Viscaria (87g)
FH: Hurricane Neo Blue
BH: MXP
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2017 at 1:26pm
Please sign me up for Peterpan. Thanks.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2017 at 2:54pm
Done.

Not much love for the Rubicon, as it seems. That's a shame, it should appeal to all those wanting a 7-ply linear blade with OFF- speed and much control. At some point I considered switcing from Violin to Rubicon, but eventually the blade was too linear for me. I prefer very flexible blades.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 2:11am
Up. Only few more days left.
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 2:35am
JimT gunna luv on the Peter Pan, right up hiz alley.

hahahaha triple hahahaaa  why no one luvz the Rubicon is mystery city... of course Sherlock Holmes will say that no one will make a stampede for a blade that does what you tell it (and land moar shots / win moar points) instead of being a light saber battle ax. Everyone wants a blade that does everything with control and ridiculous speed... keep looking.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Calix 2 here.
NL might not give it back, doesn't have the top end of a TBS, but you hit hard and land moar shots close to the table.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 7:49am
Argo please put me on the list for the Calix.  Thank you,  Joe
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 3:52pm
Sure. List updated.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 3:59pm
Only about 24h left to sign up!
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic